Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Colt vs Springfield Armory

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    IPSICK
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 4259

    Where are all the Colt made in America fanboys? Or Colt the original fanboys?

    Me personally, I'm a Springfield is Series 70 fanboy. So Springer for me.
    "When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

    "Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X

    Comment

    • #17
      Malmon
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 1178

      Definitely Springfield Armory over Colt.

      Comment

      • #18
        CK_32
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2010
        • 14369

        Originally posted by IPSICK
        Where are all the Colt made in America fanboys? Or Colt the original fanboys?

        Me personally, I'm a Springfield is Series 70 fanboy. So Springer for me.
        I know I'm kind of shocked too.

        Usually by post #4 some colt guy takes it personal. Kinda eerie.
        For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

        What's Your Caliber??


        My Youtube channel

        Comment

        • #19
          Full Clip
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Dec 2006
          • 10266

          Very happy with my Loaded...

          Comment

          • #20
            DT556
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Mar 2011
            • 3671

            Springfield.

            Comment

            • #21
              Firerescuebatt07
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 2378

              SA Loaded

              Comment

              • #22
                falar
                Member
                • Aug 2012
                • 499

                Worst gun I ever bought was a Springfield, total **** piece.

                Colt is the way to go. Way less MIM and no Brazilian made parts or guns. The only downside is the UAW

                Comment

                • #23
                  DT556
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 3671

                  Originally posted by falar
                  Worst gun I ever bought was a Springfield, total **** piece.

                  Colt is the way to go. Way less MIM and no Brazilian made parts or guns. The only downside is the UAW
                  LOL

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    WWDHD?
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 2728

                    Happy with my SA Loaded in SS (NM #). Has a few sharp edges as well I could do without. Replaced the stupid two-piece guide rod right away. Accurate and dependable with a great warranty in case something ever goes wrong. Might have bought an XSE instead at the time if I could have found one.
                    NRA & CRPA member
                    semi-docile tax payer
                    amateur survivalist

                    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Fishslayer
                      In Memoriam
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 13035

                      You have a Baer & you have an itch for a Colt or SA...

                      ...I'd see a doctor about that itch. That ain't right.

                      I'd probably look for whichever make had the combo of features I wanted.
                      "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                      You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                      You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                      Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                      I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                      Originally posted by redcliff
                      A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        FUBAR
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 2453

                        Originally posted by Fishslayer
                        You have a Baer & you have an itch for a Colt or SA...

                        ...I'd see a doctor about that itch. That ain't right.

                        I'd probably look for whichever make had the combo of features I wanted.
                        LOL! I know but I want another one and I've never owned a Colt or a Springer.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          rugersigkimber
                          Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • 206

                          How did you like the Ruger SR1911? I know you don't have it now, but I'm curious about this gun, and I'm wondering what you thought if it.
                          --------------------------------------------------------
                          rugersigkimber@yahoo.com

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            trigger945
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 5795

                            I currently own a Colt XSE and owned a Springfield before.

                            Side by side, I would pick Springfield.

                            I kept my Colt XSE to have some work done to it and I wanted that work done on a Colt. I did not keep my Springfield, well, because I have better guns than it and did not see the need to keep it.


                            Side note:

                            Actually, you have a Les Baer SRP... Oh boy, might you just want to save that $1,000 or so (assuming that's your budget) and get something up to par or better than your Baer? Even if you want a beater 1911, the Baer is a really good 1911 for hard use. No need to get a Colt XSE or a Springfield Loaded. You might end up getting rid of either one and losing money.

                            Satisfy your itch by renting those guns instead and shooting them side by side with you Les Baer SRP. Then, after 16 or so rounds, you will shake your head and say "What the hell am I thinking?"
                            One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

                            AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              FrankinCA
                              Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 149

                              I would go SA. I own two Colts. I had to have the magazine releases worked on - they were sticking on magazines. Also, no night sights. SA loaded comes with night sights and beavertail safety.

                              Regarding SA warranty, I've used it for my EMP. Service was outstanding and I didn't pay a dime.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                gds23
                                Member
                                • Apr 2011
                                • 304

                                I have both the Colt xse and springfield loaded target and the colt definitely wins when it comes to fit and finish. I also like the thumb safety on the Colt better its not as sharp as Springfields

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1