Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 Grips

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    SDM44
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 3901

    I finally held/gripped a 1911 that had the VZ Operator II grips on it. At first, they were a bit sharp but felt fine in my hands when I had a good grip. That being said, they would tear my hand up if I started rubbing or grinding my palm into the, but that's what the pattern is designed to prevent from happening. Even for being one of the most aggressive grips that VZ offers, they actually felt pretty good in my hand.

    I may pick up a pair later on to play around with them.



    Originally posted by FUBAR
    ERGO makes a rubber with a flat bottom for magwells. They cost about $15 to $20.
    Thanks. I ordered some for $20 shipped and they should be here later this week. I'll see how I like them.

    Comment

    • #62
      rm1911
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 4073

      Originally posted by SDM44
      Thanks. I ordered some for $20 shipped and they should be here later this week. I'll see how I like them.
      You will like ERGO grips a lot
      NRA Life Member since 1990

      They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

      Comment

      • #63
        wamphyri13
        CGN Contributor
        • Apr 2008
        • 2759

        I can't possibly photograph all my grips, but here's a sample or two. Most are Ahrends.




        Ryan
        The following statement is true.
        The preceding statement was false.

        Comment

        • #64
          BakoJ
          top poster @ utahguns.net
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2012
          • 2314

          That is literally a **** ton of 1911s. What a beautiful collection!
          sigpic
          Join the discussion at www.utahguns.net

          Originally posted by HP911
          sweet jesus, the subject matter experts are 97!
          Isaiah 41:10
          So do not fear, for I am with you;
          do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
          I will strengthen you and help you;
          I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

          Comment

          • #65
            WWDHD?
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 2727

            Originally posted by Bastard
            OH! you have a RIA in jail...

            one thing that you might want to watch out for when looking for grips, RIA uses a funky ambidextrous safety (if you got one with the ambidextrous that is) I know that VZ is now offering an option to cut for the RIA safety though I am unsure about others.
            it is nothing major - or rather it is nothing major for a Dremel


            Also those are just some of the many options of grip screws that fit 1911s
            I put VZ Operators in Hyena Brown on my RIA Tac and I had to sand a tiny bit off the top on the right side panel for the safety lever to not touch it. I used a Dremel with a fine sanding drum. Didn't damage the panel and you really can't even notice it. Not a big deal. Used the OE screws to attach them, no problems. Good luck.
            NRA & CRPA member
            semi-docile tax payer
            amateur survivalist

            Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1