Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock vs Revolver

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    PAKALO
    Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 354

    thanks yall its fun listening to everyone. there seems to be some debates out there. baby glock or snub nose? everyone is saying Smiths are great and Glocks are better. Personally im thinking another wheel gun... I own a few glocks now and i could always wait. To many factors to consider. I wont be carrying this anywhere hello its CA and i live in San Mateo County (yall can start laughing) this is primarily a range gun and a travel/backpack gun. It will not see a lot of time in my safe I plan on running this pistol into the ground with years of service and use (knowing my life depends on it)
    LIFE IS GOOD
    NRA member

    Comment

    • #32
      ap3572001
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2007
      • 6039

      Originally posted by PAKALO
      thanks yall its fun listening to everyone. there seems to be some debates out there. baby glock or snub nose? everyone is saying Smiths are great and Glocks are better. Personally im thinking another wheel gun... I own a few glocks now and i could always wait. To many factors to consider. I wont be carrying this anywhere hello its CA and i live in San Mateo County (yall can start laughing) this is primarily a range gun and a travel/backpack gun. It will not see a lot of time in my safe I plan on running this pistol into the ground with years of service and use (knowing my life depends on it)
      I know , there are debates out there. Both guns are good .

      Good luck with Your choice.

      PS. When it comes to carry guns, You will get a more objective opinion from people who actually carry concealed all the time.

      Comment

      • #33
        jlbflyboy172
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2007
        • 625

        Originally posted by scarville
        Maybe the instructor just didn't know much about running a revolver.
        I can assure you there was no problem with the instructor or the shooter. The revolver was not a smith and it had a trigger pull that was probably 20 pounds.

        Many revolvers I have fired over decades has strong trigger pulls and it just plain makes it hard to pull the trigger in double action mode and keep the gun on target in a rapid fire defensive situation.

        I would challenge any of you to a little shooting test. I am not saying that revolvers are not good defensive guns. They certainly are. Not my choice for many reasons.

        It is perfectly fine to disagree but it is a whole other thing to spout off commentary about another persons experience or skills behind the anonymity of a keyboard. So if anyone wants to put there money where their mouth is, I am more than up to the challenge. And we can take pictures of the targets and post them here for all to see. If any one of you is able to honestly and fairly humiliate me, I will stand up and take it as I would deserve. I have a private range and we can do holsters draws and rapid fire. We will see who can put more hits on target in about 4-5 seconds. You and your wheel gun of choice and me with my G19. C'mon it will be fun. Any takers?

        Comment

        • #34
          PAKALO
          Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 354

          Originally posted by jlbflyboy172
          I can assure you there was no problem with the instructor or the shooter. The revolver was not a smith and it had a trigger pull that was probably 20 pounds.

          Many revolvers I have fired over decades has strong trigger pulls and it just plain makes it hard to pull the trigger in double action mode and keep the gun on target in a rapid fire defensive situation.

          I would challenge any of you to a little shooting test. I am not saying that revolvers are not good defensive guns. They certainly are. Not my choice for many reasons.

          It is perfectly fine to disagree but it is a whole other thing to spout off commentary about another persons experience or skills behind the anonymity of a keyboard. So if anyone wants to put there money where their mouth is, I am more than up to the challenge. And we can take pictures of the targets and post them here for all to see. If any one of you is able to honestly and fairly humiliate me, I will stand up and take it as I would deserve. I have a private range and we can do holsters draws and rapid fire. We will see who can put more hits on target in about 4-5 seconds. You and your wheel gun of choice and me with my G19. C'mon it will be fun. Any takers?
          buddy everyone knows glocks are faster than wheel guns. i can take apart my 19 and reassemble faster than i can reload a revolver. personally i dont like to speed shoot thats why every shot i take hits the target first time. just slow down partner were all friends here
          LIFE IS GOOD
          NRA member

          Comment

          • #35
            ap3572001
            Calguns Addict
            • Jun 2007
            • 6039

            I response to the "Revolvers are hard to shoot DA under stress"

            As a very young man starting out in LE , I shot my model 66 (4 and 2 1/2 in ) DA out to 50 yards . Yes FIFTY yards.

            Later , when I started to shoot PPC ( Police Pistol Combat) , we shot a 600 match with stock revolvers and full power ammo out to 50 yards .

            From what I see when visiting public ranges , there are many people who cant shoot anything . Glock , 1911, or DA revolver. It does not matter . The 15 yard targets still look like someone blasted them with a shotgun.

            In trained hands ( TRAINED) it is very hard to beat a good Smith and Wesson k/L frame revolver in any situation .

            PS. I have been there too

            Comment

            • #36
              ap3572001
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2007
              • 6039

              Originally posted by jlbflyboy172
              I can assure you there was no problem with the instructor or the shooter. The revolver was not a smith and it had a trigger pull that was probably 20 pounds.

              Many revolvers I have fired over decades has strong trigger pulls and it just plain makes it hard to pull the trigger in double action mode and keep the gun on target in a rapid fire defensive situation.

              I would challenge any of you to a little shooting test. I am not saying that revolvers are not good defensive guns. They certainly are. Not my choice for many reasons.

              It is perfectly fine to disagree but it is a whole other thing to spout off commentary about another persons experience or skills behind the anonymity of a keyboard. So if anyone wants to put there money where their mouth is, I am more than up to the challenge. And we can take pictures of the targets and post them here for all to see. If any one of you is able to honestly and fairly humiliate me, I will stand up and take it as I would deserve. I have a private range and we can do holsters draws and rapid fire. We will see who can put more hits on target in about 4-5 seconds. You and your wheel gun of choice and me with my G19. C'mon it will be fun. Any takers?
              Speed challenge with a revolver? Anytime

              Comment

              • #37
                jlbflyboy172
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2007
                • 625

                Not just speed. You can shoot fast and not hit the broad side of a barn. Speed and accuracy. Let's do it. PM me and we will set it up. Then we can write about the experience after the fact.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Dont_Shoot_im_Chinese
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 1488

                  if small and light is what you want, then a glock would probably be a better choice. with that being said...revolvers ROCK! i own both glocks and revolvers
                  FOR SALE:
                  A2 birdcage $5
                  WTT CCI small pistol primers for either large pistol, small rifle, or large rifle

                  "If you want to get something online that doesn't require a background check, get yourself a porn membership. That way, you can shoot off as many rounds as you like...that is...if your forty..."

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    jlbflyboy172
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 625

                    I know we are all friends and it is all good to have some good clean banter but its another thing to be calling names. So I just challenge people to step up. I am serious. Let's have a shoot comparison. It will be fun and interesting to see just how it turns out.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      InGrAM
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2010
                      • 3699

                      Originally posted by tankerman
                      Sounds like both you and the guy in the class aren't very experienced shooters.
                      This ^

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        HighLander51
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 5144

                        Originally posted by jlbflyboy172
                        We will see who can put more hits on target in about 4-5 seconds. You and your wheel gun of choice and me with my G19. C'mon it will be fun. Any takers?
                        Well I can, any time. Actually a wheelgun cycles faster than a semi auto, see if you can come anywhere close to beating this time.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          ap3572001
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 6039

                          We did an experiment few years back .

                          Several officers (instructors) had to draw from concealment and fire two shots per target , total 3 targets at 7 yards.

                          There were Glock 17's, one or two Sig's, S&W model 15-3 and S&W Model 65 with three inch barrel.

                          The best results (time and score) were made by the shooter with a three 65.

                          Me

                          PS. Sig's did the worst.

                          I must also say that I have been (and still do) shoot a S&W revolver weekly. Since around 1980......

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            jlbflyboy172
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 625

                            Originally posted by HighLander51
                            Well I can, any time. Actually a wheelgun cycles faster than a semi auto, see if you can come anywhere close to beating this time.

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw
                            Highlander, if that is you, then I bow before you and kiss your ring. Otherwise it doesn't matter. I am talking about average people.

                            I respect people who can shoot revolvers well. It is a lot harder to do than than with a semi-auto. Many are well accomplished at it. It is not my choice for a daily carry piece. Some seem to have gotten off topic of my commentary or misinterpreted it. I was talking about two separate instances where I saw average people being outperformed with their revolvers compared to semi-autos. Both performed quite well when they switched over. Again these were combat training situations. Not single action shooting with the revolver. I still challenge any of you to put 16 rounds on target in the same time that I do, you with your revolver and me with my G19. You can even use a .22 for all I care.

                            Still waiting for takers. And if you beat me, I will shout it from the roof tops. I guess unless I get any takers, I need to be done with this thread.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              P5Ret
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 6397

                              If you are going to offer up a challenge why not make it fair? Punching holes in a target and saying you can shoot x number of rounds faster out of an autoloader compared to the same amounts of rounds out of a wheel gun is a no brainer. A row of falling plates revolver vs. auto is more realistic, and fair comparison. Back before my eye's went to hell this was a common, $5 bet at department range days. Rarely had to buy my own lunch after breaking down the range, back then.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                tankerman
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 24240

                                BS, you made a bunch of general statements about revolvers.
                                Repeated double action trigger pulls are about rhythm on the trigger pull and having your action in proper condition.

                                You use the fact that some idiot who brings a crappy gun to training class and can't shoot worth a **** as proof that there's a problem with double action revolvers. You sound like 'soccer guy', 'sportbike guy', 'F1 guy' and 'Glock guy' that **** talks whoever doesn't do things they way they think they should be done.

                                I think the problem with most folks bringing revolvers to these courses is the instructors are set up to teaching a pistol class. Revolver and pistol shooting are not the same. Heck SA and DAO are not the same, we also hear people complaining about folks shooting SA 1911 type guns too.

                                Classes designed for a bunch of folks carrying Glock, XD's and S&W M&P's probably isn't the place for a revolver shooter to go for training.


                                I'll be more than happy to take you up on your offer.
                                BTW - I could careless that you can reload your Glock quicker or pull the trigger faster, speed may be your game, it's not mine. Defensive shooting to me is not about squeezing off as many rounds as possible in as short a time period as possible.

                                And since judging by your statements you must know a lot about double action revolvers, so we can check your prowess with them out too.

                                Originally posted by jlbflyboy172
                                tanker man:

                                That's a pretty bold statement given that you know nothing about me or my experience or my training. As it turns out, the trigger pull the guy had on the revolver was super stiff and it was extremely difficult to hold it steady through a trigger pull.

                                That being said, how about you and I meet at a range and explore your statement a little bit. You bring your favorite wheel gun and I will bring my Glock and we'll just have us a little contest. What do you say?

                                Don't misunderstand what I wrote. I said for the average person, it is difficult to take a revolver, shooting in double action mode with a high powered caliber, to make a tight group squeezing the trigger as fast as you can, as you would most likely be doing in a defensive situation.

                                Would I use a revolver and trust it if that is all I had? You bet. But that is not my choice for a daily carry piece and when it comes to reloads, that is just flat out a deal breaker (for me). I have plenty of alternatives that work just fine.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1