Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kimber v Sig...again

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    KandyRedCoi
    Senior Member
    • May 2011
    • 1748

    Originally posted by BlackDrop50


    I run my Kimber Raptor harder than most. Almost 8000 rounds with plenty of rapid fire, holster and dry fire practice. No gun related malfunctions. I would trust my life with it as much as I would a glock, but with 3 times as much confidence in the accuracy.
    +1
    -Coi- N R A member since 2008
    .177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
    ~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~

    Comment

    • #32
      DArBad
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 3002

      Originally posted by Neptune
      Sig. Solid performer. Too many horror stories about Kimbers to ever want one. I've had a half dozen friends invest serious time with the gunsmith to get the Kimbers to work right. That, and the local Sheriff's Office that equips their Deputies with Kimbers have had to totally strip them down and seriously work them over to get them to function correctly. They should work 100% right out of the box. That's why I bought a Sig 1911, and keep it on my permit. It's absolutely 100% reliable and a sweet package. Just my $.02



      __
      And I personally know 20 LE friends who own Kimbers, most own more than 2 and all enthusiastically endorse Kimbers mainly because of their reliability.

      In addition, my two Kimbers gave me the most satsfaction in a 1911, that is after owning 4 Colts and and 4 Springfields.

      Comment

      • #33
        626Tony
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2007
        • 1828

        spend a lil more and get a NICE Kimber Raptor II you wont regret it. I totally regret selling mine.
        Don't forget you can get it too....FOR A PRICE!!

        Comment

        • #34
          KandyRedCoi
          Senior Member
          • May 2011
          • 1748

          Originally posted by 626Tony
          spend a lil more and get a NICE Kimber Raptor II you wont regret it. I totally regret selling mine.
          love my raptor 2
          -Coi- N R A member since 2008
          .177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
          ~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~

          Comment

          • #35
            skosh69
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2011
            • 4290



            Don't you just love these "VS" threads?

            Is one gun truly better than another, yes when you start talking about semi-custom and custom guns not production guns like the Kimber, Sig, S/A, Colt, etc., then it's all about personal preferrences!

            The way I see it, owning a 1911 by any manufacturer is better than not owning a 1911 at all!

            That's what I say to all the Kimber haters who give me a hard time about my Kimber!

            Comment

            • #36
              M27
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 871

              Originally posted by skosh69

              That's what I say to all the Kimber haters who give me a hard time about my Kimber!
              I fell you on that one. I was at the range a month ago and me and some guy start talking while we wait for lanes to open up (it was a Saturday at 3 not a good time to go shooting) and less than two minuets into the conversation when he finds out I have a kimber in my bag he replies "kimber, I heard those things are crap." I don't even know this guys name and he is giving me **** about my pride and joy 1911.

              Two more minuets into the conversation I come to find out that he has never shot or held a kimber. A little more talking to find out he has never shot a 1911, doesn't own a pistol at all, and he is renting

              How do people make concrete opinions on something they have no expierence with.

              And a pic for all of you who like a little gun pron

              Last edited by M27; 05-19-2012, 10:01 PM.
              I will share my opinion and my load data, BUT I am just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns. Whatever I say is probably wrong.

              Comment

              • #37
                skosh69
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2011
                • 4290

                Originally posted by M27
                I fell you on that one. I was at the range a month ago and me and some guy start talking while we wait for lanes to open up (it was a Saturday at 3 not a good time to go shooting) and less than two minuets into the conversation when he finds out I have a kimber in my bag he replies "kimber, I heard those things are crap." I don't even know this guys name and he is giving me **** about my pride and joy 1911.

                Two more minuets into the conversation I come to find out that he has never shot or held a kimber. A little more talking to find out he has never shot a 1911, doesn't own a pistol at all, and he is renting

                How do people make concrete opinions on something they have no expierence with.
                Sorry to hear you had that experience brother.

                I'll give you one guess where he learned to hate on Kimber..."the internet"!

                It really sucks that people have this kind of narrow minded, ignorant attitude nowadays just because they "heard" something on the internet.

                Comment

                • #38
                  DArBad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 3002

                  Originally posted by skosh69
                  ..........

                  I'll give you one guess where he learned to hate on Kimber..."the internet"!

                  It really sucks that people have this kind of narrow minded, ignorant attitude nowadays just because they "heard" something on the internet.
                  +1. I usually choose to ignore all the ridiculous negativity, but sometimes they border on the absurd and outlandish, we are obligated to respond.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    M27
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 871

                    Originally posted by DArBad
                    +1. I usually choose to ignore all the ridiculous negativity, but sometimes they border on the absurd and outlandish, we are obligated to respond.
                    I just don't understand people who take everything they hear as truth and don't make up there own mind. Instead they use otherwise people's opinion as there own.
                    I will share my opinion and my load data, BUT I am just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns. Whatever I say is probably wrong.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Wombats Are Dangerous
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2011
                      • 1448

                      FWIW, during my shopping research, I visited several stores over a month's time to fondle 1911s. The fit and finish on the Kimbers were more consistent from gun to gun than the Sigs. Kimber slide-to-frame fit was always tight while three of the Sigs I handled rattled. I had one customer next to me at the counter tell me that it's because the Sigs are designed as "combat guns" and needed looser tolerances.

                      I'm pretty new to 1911s, but I recently bought a used Kimber off really nice Calgunner because of the inconsistencies I found in the Sigs. I don't know if I really believe what that guy told me about the tolerances. For the price you're paying for 1911s, I'd want the best fit and finish.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        InGrAM
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 3699

                        Originally posted by Wombats Are Dangerous
                        FWIW, during my shopping research, I visited several stores over a month's time to fondle 1911s. The fit and finish on the Kimbers were more consistent from gun to gun than the Sigs. Kimber slide-to-frame fit was always tight while three of the Sigs I handled rattled. I had one customer next to me at the counter tell me that it's because the Sigs are designed as "combat guns" and needed looser tolerances.

                        I'm pretty new to 1911s, but I recently bought a used Kimber off really nice Calgunner because of the inconsistencies I found in the Sigs. I don't know if I really believe what that guy told me about the tolerances. For the price you're paying for 1911s, I'd want the best fit and finish.
                        If you haven't heard about "loose tolerances" equating to reliability in 1911's then you need to read and do some more research.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          CrysisMonkey
                          Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 129

                          Decided on the Kimber custom TLE 2.

                          I do thank everyone for their input. It is hard to weed out the pure opinion and facts. It's a lot like asking who makes the best truck or car. Wise people will usually ask,"What do you plan on using it for?" before giving a opinion. Others jump straight into throwing out names.

                          From personal research, it was basically a tie. I just happen to go with the one I most liked at that moment. As a side note, the mag it come with kinda sucked, so I purchased two Wilson Combat mags.

                          I will give a range report as soon as she's broken out of jail.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            KandyRedCoi
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2011
                            • 1748

                            Originally posted by InGrAM
                            If you haven't heard about "loose tolerances" equating to reliability in 1911's then you need to read and do some more research.
                            i dont think he is disputing the loser tolerances but the fact that the comment was towards a SIG 1911 and that it was made that way...to me that might sound like FUD as well, i have only heard of 1 1911 to date thats built with "lose" tolerances and that the SA GI line

                            Originally posted by CrysisMonkey
                            Decided on the Kimber custom TLE 2.

                            I do thank everyone for their input. It is hard to weed out the pure opinion and facts. It's a lot like asking who makes the best truck or car. Wise people will usually ask,"What do you plan on using it for?" before giving a opinion. Others jump straight into throwing out names.

                            From personal research, it was basically a tie. I just happen to go with the one I most liked at that moment. As a side note, the mag it come with kinda sucked, so I purchased two Wilson Combat mags.

                            I will give a range report as soon as she's broken out of jail.
                            congrats...i was blessed of not having to read the errornet before purchasing my kimber, i actually tried a couple of my friends and borrowed/rented a couple more...and they shot awesome and very accurate, so i bought the best my money can buy at the time and its about the only gun i bought that i havent SOLD yet LOL
                            -Coi- N R A member since 2008
                            .177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
                            ~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Wombats Are Dangerous
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2011
                              • 1448

                              Originally posted by InGrAM
                              If you haven't heard about "loose tolerances" equating to reliability in 1911's then you need to read and do some more research.
                              I will, Ingram. In the time I was researching, I saw a lot of opinions leaning to fit and finish as a major criteria when selecting a 1911. To be honest, I haven't had any jams or failures in my Kimber, but I also don't drag it through the mud and I keep it oiled and clean at all times. My life doesn't depend on it, so reliability wasn't a major concern for me unless it would became a nuisance at the range. Although this brings about a good point. Maybe we should ask the OP what he plans on using his 1911 for? That might determine the appropriate shopping criteria.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Wombats Are Dangerous
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2011
                                • 1448

                                Originally posted by CrysisMonkey
                                Decided on the Kimber custom TLE 2.

                                I do thank everyone for their input. It is hard to weed out the pure opinion and facts. It's a lot like asking who makes the best truck or car. Wise people will usually ask,"What do you plan on using it for?" before giving a opinion. Others jump straight into throwing out names.

                                From personal research, it was basically a tie. I just happen to go with the one I most liked at that moment. As a side note, the mag it come with kinda sucked, so I purchased two Wilson Combat mags.

                                I will give a range report as soon as she's broken out of jail.

                                Haha! I was one post too late!

                                Congrats on a sweet 1911! To add, I wasn't necessarily voting Sig or Kimber. I was just relaying my own personal experience and what led to my decision. YMMV, of course, but from my research when I was shopping, everyone will have an opinion on this topic.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1