Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Browning Highpower ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Jimi Jah
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2014
    • 19292

    I had a BDM I bought new in the 1990's but sold it. It was a rattle can. Replaced it with a Springfield 9mm 1911. That gun is CNC tight and far more accurate.

    Comment

    • #47
      Grendel Guy
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 3045

      I've a BDM. I like it when I take it out (not often enough). Though not a Springfield, I've a Citadel 1911 in 9mm too. I guess they're like your kids, love 'em all.

      Comment

      • #48
        SqueezeCocker
        Junior Member
        • May 2024
        • 36

        Love mine... T Series and an Austrian Police Thumbprint
        GP.jpg

        Comment

        • #49
          newbie1234
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2016
          • 3131

          Originally posted by Grendel Guy
          ......... I've heard that Girsan was making a knock off, hadn't heard of any reviews though.
          Here my review : DON'T BUY IT. I regret that I bought one.

          Comment

          • #50
            Grendel Guy
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 3045

            Any specific reason(s) why?

            Comment

            • #51
              veeklog
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2006
              • 1040

              I have a Browning MKIII that I bought years ago; I changed out the grips and removed the magazine disconnector. It is not hard to do and makes the trigger so much nicer just like most 1911’s.

              Comment

              • #52
                Sauermonkey
                Member
                • Feb 2014
                • 327

                If they still made the classic version it’s too bad they don’t cost this anymore!
                Attached Files

                Comment

                • #53
                  oddball
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 3330

                  For several years awhile back, I was jonesing for a 9mm Browning High Power, having shot a couple of them back in the day. I liked them a lot, except for the single action trigger pull was not good as my 1911s (Wilson, Les Baer).
                  But the gun felt great in my hands, I knew if I bought one, certain mods were in order. But a few years ago, I changed my mind and ponied up more money to buy a Wilson Combat EDC X9L, which I love better than the High Power. Much better trigger, more capacity (15, 18 rd mags), better ergonomics, etc. Every now and then, I'll look at Gunbroker out of curiosity, but that jonesing urge has basically disappeared.
                  _______________


                  "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    veeklog
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 1040

                    My two Brownings: a Hi-Power Mark III and a BDM

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      Grendel Guy
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 3045

                      +1 For the BDM.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        walmart_ar15
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 2343

                        BDM is not a true "HI Power". It has a completely different trigger system and a different ergonomic feel to the gun. I personally like it more than the traditional HI power

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1