Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911s Suck!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    jonzer77
    • Jul 2010
    • 8525

    Originally posted by MyGlock17
    Anyone else here tired of Glock vs 1911 or .45acp vs 9mm? It's getting really old...It doesn't stop me from buying the gun i want..
    Yup, this thread will not stop me from buying a gun that I am comfortable with and has proven to be reliable based on my personal experience. That still won't stop the from coming out
    Originally posted by barrage
    That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

    Comment

    • #47
      Sturnovik
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 2937

      Originally posted by hyperion.excal
      Wow WTF
      Yea. I've always said finger off your trigger until your on target. But this is to much for anything, he's knownlingly put a photographer IN the line of fire. It just takes that front sight to be a hair off and boom.

      Pft he's not getting my time or money. He can spout all he wants about his experince. I never served in iraq or half the things he said, but if they teach you to put someone next to targets then I dont care what they taught him.

      Comment

      • #48
        Nate G
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 69

        I've fired 1200 rounds through my sig and have had zero problems so far. I'd say mines proven battle worthy so far

        Comment

        • #49
          HCz
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 3295

          It is correct that 1911s do have problems, but that doesn't mean Yeager is some oracle. Those who have been around 1911s and had to use them frequently generally say that it does require a degree of understanding the gun itself.

          The ones that we generally see in gun stores that goes around for $1000 or less can stand up to abuse, but it will probably have more frequency of failures under intensive use. 1911s that run well will cost you quite a few dollars.

          Originally posted by SarcoBlaster
          I hear he's quite the runner...
          Last edited by HCz; 04-15-2012, 1:29 PM.

          Comment

          • #50
            g17owner
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 881

            This guy is a total POS.

            Not only did he putting the car in park a HUGE no no in a combat zone but he then forgets he is driving a manual trans and bolts on his comrades leaving one behind the car to return fire with an M249 then an M4 while he hid on the other side of the road and fired "in the general direction" of the bad guys. I wouldn't want training or advice from a guy like that and I wouldn't take anything this man says during 'training' as the gospel. He is full of hot air and as far as I am concerned at the very minimum incompetent but more likely a coward. He prefaces this video by saying he has been in combat on other continents. Which if i had his resume i would leave out.

            Comment

            • #51
              The War Wagon
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Apr 2011
              • 10294

              Originally posted by KandyRedCoi
              at least, thats what James Yeager thinks about them
              So I don't hafta watch him, who is this azzhat, and what is his claim to fame?
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #52
                HKMadness
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2011
                • 5262

                1911's tend to have tighter machining and fit, hence the break in issues. I want a 1911a2 bad.
                Show your friends your 1911's and your enemies your glocks!

                Say no to posers & wannabes.

                Comment

                • #53
                  fullspeed1
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 1908

                  I'll throw this out there in his defense....James Yeager has done more, And is more involved in the firearms community then every tactical keyboard jockey in this thread. Take a class with Tactical Response....Step away from the static paper punching range and enlighten yourself. How about a show of hands, How many of you douche bags own a very successful firearms training company in multiple disciplines , That has trained thousands of people all across the US, Canada and Europe? Opinions are like *****holes, Everyone's got one, But some have just a little more of a perspective than others...Kaboom!

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Johnnykck
                    Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 401

                    I must have one of those rare factory 1911's. RIA Tactical, had one failure to return to battery when it was brand new, third round fired. Couple thousand rounds since, including hollowpoints and no other issues since. Well except that the ammo is expensive.
                    I think if he would stop twitching so much during the video it would be more pleasant to watch.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      tdyoung1958
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2011
                      • 800

                      My range 1911 is a Sig GSR and my Carry 1911 is a Sig C3. I have no issues with either one, unless the operator nut makes bad choices, like using cheap ammo or forgetting to resize reloads.

                      I also think that cheap 1911's suck, namely anything made by Armcor under any of their brand names, my first 1911 was one. I also do not like any "micro" 1911's unless they are a Combat Master made by Detonics

                      I now have 5 1911's in different configs, including the first one I ever bought, my Grandfather's WWII Colt, a Detonics CM and my two Sig 1911's

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Johnnykck
                        Member
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 401

                        Originally posted by fullspeed1
                        I'll throw this out there in his defense....James Yeager has done more, And is more involved in the firearms community then every tactical keyboard jockey in this thread. Take a class with Tactical Response....Step away from the static paper punching range and enlighten yourself. How about a show of hands, How many of you douche bags own a very successful firearms training company in multiple disciplines , That has trained thousands of people all across the US, Canada and Europe? Opinions are like *****holes, Everyone's got one, But some have just a little more of a perspective than others...Kaboom!
                        Who are you calling a douche bag, you dumb *** key board tough guy.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          fullspeed1
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 1908

                          Originally posted by g17owner
                          This guy is a total POS.

                          Not only did he putting the car in park a HUGE no no in a combat zone but he then forgets he is driving a manual trans and bolts on his comrades leaving one behind the car to return fire with an M249 then an M4 while he hid on the other side of the road and fired "in the general direction" of the bad guys. I wouldn't want training or advice from a guy like that and I wouldn't take anything this man says during 'training' as the gospel. He is full of hot air and as far as I am concerned at the very minimum incompetent but more likely a coward. He prefaces this video by saying he has been in combat on other continents. Which if i had his resume i would leave out.
                          Impressive, What would you have done?

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            fullspeed1
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 1908

                            Originally posted by Johnnykck
                            Who are you calling a douche bag, you dumb *** key board tough guy.
                            Need i say more...

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              g17owner
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 881

                              He has been involved in the firearms community because that is how he makes his living. Make no mistake about that. I have enlighten myself with another company. I could never in good conscience take advice from a blowhard like Yeager. I'll take Bill, Cheryl and Jeremy any day of the week. http://www.ftatv.com/home

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                HCz
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jun 2008
                                • 3295

                                Originally posted by fullspeed1
                                I'll throw this out there in his defense....James Yeager has done more, And is more involved in the firearms community then every tactical keyboard jockey in this thread. Take a class with Tactical Response....Step away from the static paper punching range and enlighten yourself. How about a show of hands, How many of you douche bags own a very successful firearms training company in multiple disciplines , That has trained thousands of people all across the US, Canada and Europe? Opinions are like *****holes, Everyone's got one, But some have just a little more of a perspective than others...Kaboom!
                                Just because someone doesn't do it, doesn't mean they can't. I've met quite a few people who can do an outstanding job that will make Yeager look like a kindergarten kid but they don't start training schools and try to show up in front of camera at every chance.

                                It's pretty funny when TR followers try to portray others as 'the static paper punching range' group. I think one of the reasons why people fall fo TR's marketing is because it makes them feel like they are in some exclusive gun fighter group.

                                Originally posted by Johnnykck
                                Who are you calling a douche bag, you dumb *** key board tough guy.
                                LOL good one.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1