Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911s Suck!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    Aspec5vz
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 1413

    If I'm going into a "battle" situation I'm going to bring whatever handgun I feel most comfortable with. If I shoot best with a 1911 but can't hit anything with a Glock; why bring the Glock? Reliability won't mean anything if you can't hit what you're aiming at.

    Handguns aren't really "battle" weapons anyway, you're never going to go into "battle" with thousands of rounds of handgun ammo.
    Sic Parvis Magna

    Wtb: Walther PPS, Walther P5...Walther anything lol

    Comment

    • #77
      bubbagump
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 2302

      You can find the AAR's online. This guy is a douche.

      Comment

      • #78
        g17owner
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 881

        I don't care if he is a glock fanboy or a 1911 hater or if he wants to buy out all the stock of children sized clothing from Tapout. I have a problem with the guy who brags about his 'resume' and claims a level of proficiency that he has failed to demonstrate when it really counts. But i guess the old saying is true. Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.

        Comment

        • #79
          FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 3162

          you are going to get alot of hate post reply just by the tittle
          Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
          One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #80
            KandyRedCoi
            Senior Member
            • May 2011
            • 1748

            ^lol i know right haha
            -Coi- N R A member since 2008
            .177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
            ~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~

            Comment

            • #81
              bubbagump
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2006
              • 2302

              This guy has a much better opinion on the matter...with the background to back it up...

              Comment

              • #82
                NSR500
                Banned
                • Aug 2006
                • 19530

                So, a coward thinks 1911s suck... Meh...

                Comment

                • #83
                  chris_m90731
                  Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 387

                  Cheap guns unilaterally suck. Plastic or steel. But this guy obviously knows what's up -- he's the best.
                  Semper Fi
                  sigpic
                  www.chrismandia.com

                  staff writer for www.guns.com

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    grim1U
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 1363

                    Like others have said, all 1911 pistols are not created equal; and here lies the problem, especially for new shooters. A lot of people speak very highly of 1911's, but it's either people that have paid a small fortune for a completely built, or reworked 1911.

                    Then there's the other crowd, they bought a 1911 (insert brand here) and put it in there safe and take it out to look at it, very rarey, if ever, shoot it and claim that it is the best gun in the world.

                    And now you have the problem of someone hearing great things about 1911's in general and buying a bottom basement model or middel of the road not understanding the difference and they are now stuck with a gun that either has problems or does not live up to the hype.

                    1911's are great guns, if built/reworked right and maintained. People just need to understand that before they purchase one.

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      1911Luvr
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 1824

                      Originally posted by helpme
                      Sweet shirt and opinions.
                      It's really hard to take this guy seriously when he's wearing a shirt that just screams douchebag.
                      I voted against Obama before it was cool.

                      Originally posted by 1911Luvr
                      I beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        Sheperd80
                        Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 431

                        Well despite this guys shirt... And obvious stirring-the-pot style videos, i think he does have some valid points at times. I equate him to nutnfancy in the sense that his vids may be worth watching and may bring your attention to some aspect of a product, but take it for what it is... A guy on the internet.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          KandyRedCoi
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2011
                          • 1748

                          ^/end thread
                          -Coi- N R A member since 2008
                          .177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
                          ~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            MyGlock17
                            Member
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 429

                            stop feeding the troll! let's end this conversation...

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              Fishslayer
                              In Memoriam
                              • Jan 2010
                              • 13035

                              Originally posted by NoHeavyHitter
                              That manner in which one chooses to attire themselves may give valuable insight into their decision-making process. Knowing this, some people (myself included at times) leverage our appearance in order to create an image that may intentionally run entirely counter to who we are.
                              Precisely. I've actually been known to dress like a responsible adult from time to time. Really fooled 'em.
                              "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                              You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                              You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                              Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                              I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                              Originally posted by redcliff
                              A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                Neptune
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 1165

                                James Yeager can suck it.


                                The FBI HRT (Hostage Rescue Team) shoots Les Baer 1911's.

                                The FBI Swat Teams shoot Springfield Armory Professionals.

                                So much for the "poor choice" argument. These guys are some of the best that ever were, or ever will be.

                                Buy the right 1911 and do it right the first time.




                                __
                                sigpic
                                I don't think it's nice,...you laughing.
                                You see, my mule don't like people laughing.
                                He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.
                                Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to,
                                I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1