Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

beware of target masters

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    hkfooey
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 740

    Originally posted by Sgt Raven
    I don't miss those days at all, The way he screwed over the "charter life member's" of TM/ Milpitas.
    Was it that bad before?? At least the employees at that time were much nice (talking during 2000-2003). Too bad, too bad...
    ----------------------------------------
    the strong takes from the weak...
    the smart takes from the strong...
    ----------------------------------------

    Comment

    • #32
      kantstudien
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 1795

      Originally posted by saki302
      Reminds me of why I almost always disassemble any firearms I'm transferring and just leave the receiver at the shop. Here's the receiver- enjoy
      Hmmm...good idea, but how would you get around the safe handling demo with just a frame?

      Maybe do the safe handling first, and then strip it down when you leave for 10 days?

      Comment

      • #33
        Sgt Raven
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • 3839

        Originally posted by hkfooey
        Was it that bad before?? At least the employees at that time were much nice (talking during 2000-2003). Too bad, too bad...
        I'm talking about the early '80s time period. By '86 they were going down hill fast.
        sigpic
        DILLIGAF
        "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice"
        "Once is Happenstance, Twice is Coincidence, Thrice is Enemy Action"
        "The flak is always heaviest, when you're over the target"

        Comment

        • #34
          BigMac
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 1117

          Originally posted by M1A Rifleman
          and the manager/owner was also a real piece of work - she thought she was a real "Rambess".

          If you met the new guy youd whish she was back... and she competed in IPSC or something.
          gunnutsnospam@sbcglobal.net

          Comment

          • #35
            .45ACP
            Member
            • May 2005
            • 124

            This doesn't surprise me at all. I don't go to target masters very often, but everytime I do, I feel a bit uneasy. I feel uneasy because the staff doesn't seem very professional and the cliental that TM's brings are a bit on the shady side. The only place where I give my money to is Reed's indoor range and Reed's sport shop. I prefer going to Reed's indoor range because the manager and staff are extremely knoledgable and friendly. I honestly believe they're the epitome of customer service. Every single guy there is hand picked carefully and it shows the way the business is run. I haven't been to every single range in California, but I haven't found one better than Reed's.

            Comment

            • #36
              Sniper46
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2006
              • 1

              I'd be calling the DOJ to report this. It is a serious breach of applicable laws.

              Comment

              • #37
                sned45
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 746

                I would never DROS a gun at TM's. I have seen employess play with newly DROSed firearms after the customer has left

                Comment

                • #38
                  slocum
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 68

                  Originally posted by socalguns
                  A lot of ranges have the 3 second rule. I personally don't get it.
                  I didn't get it either - so I asked. The answer was enlightening. When you shoot fast you have to have better control than if you shoot slow. Muzzle rise will end up in the ceiling if it isn't controlled.

                  Now, that may not be you but it might be the person in the next lane over whom YOU goad into shooting faster than they can handle by firing rapidly yourself. Try it sometime. Start shooting fast and listen to what happens around you.

                  Can't do that? Take a look at the roof ahead and above you in your lane next time you shoot. There shouldn't be holes there, should there? Strangely, there almost always are!

                  s

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    D.T. Rouland
                    Member
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 154

                    As a range, Targetmasters is a place that I'll only go to if it's too late to head out to Reed's. As far as purchases, transfers, etc? I have no idea why you'd bother going there when Irvington Arms is less then 10 minutes away. You walk into TM and you really get the feeling it's just rickety...

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      socalguns
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 1707

                      Thats a weak argument.
                      Shooting is a skill, and if you can't practice, you can't get better.
                      The outside range I go to allows rapid fire on the plinking range.
                      Its supposed to be restricted to 22LR, but its not enforced.
                      I'm more bothered by the guy slow firing 44mag to my left than the guy rapid firing 308 to my right.
                      "Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you."

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Jon
                        Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 328

                        Heh, funny how that little psychological ploy can be 'irksome'. Granted, when I'm shooting, I'm unfazed, but during reloading. . .I start to cringe when I can't figure out the person's pattern to either side of me (especially if they're shooting heavy loads).

                        What bothers me about TM's 3-second rule is that it's 3 seconds exactly . .not 2.5, not 2.9, but 3. I do try and abide by the rules whenever I'm at a range, but c'mon.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Ratters
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 694

                          Originally posted by D.T. Rouland
                          As a range, Targetmasters is a place that I'll only go to if it's too late to head out to Reed's. As far as purchases, transfers, etc? I have no idea why you'd bother going there when Irvington Arms is less then 10 minutes away. You walk into TM and you really get the feeling it's just rickety...
                          +1000

                          Almost all my PPTs have gone through Irvington Arms. And I live in Fairfield. It's worth it to me to know that I'm dealing with a competent good guy.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            EasyT
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 64

                            Sorry to hear your gun was mishandled. I visited TM for the first time about a week ago. Interesting cast of characters there. Young employees looked sketchy at best. Gang bangers, wearing colors and all, were signing up for range time. Despite the best display of handguns in stock that I have seen in a long time, didn't feel the need to return.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              saki302
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 7191

                              Originally posted by kantstudien
                              Maybe do the safe handling first, and then strip it down when you leave for 10 days?
                              Hey! Brilliant minds think alike! Actually, I brought in two complete pistols once, but left two receivers behind since they both fit in one box.

                              -Dave

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                slocum
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2005
                                • 68

                                Originally posted by socalguns
                                Thats a weak argument.
                                Shooting is a skill, and if you can't practice, you can't get better.
                                The outside range I go to allows rapid fire on the plinking range.
                                Its supposed to be restricted to 22LR, but its not enforced.
                                I'm more bothered by the guy slow firing 44mag to my left than the guy rapid firing 308 to my right.
                                Well, weak argument or not, it is still a fact that newbies exist. C'mon - you've seen 'em. They're the ones who've got the target at 4-5 yds with a silhouette target that looks like 9mm Swiss cheese in front of 'em.

                                If a range has the rule there's probably a bad experience to go along with it. It's their sandbox. Don't get me wrong - I like to shoot fast too but sometimes it's not the greatest idea when the unitiated are around.

                                s

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1