Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

beware of target masters

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Henry47
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 922

    Originally posted by kurac
    playing around behind the counter doing some rapid dry fire. I had no idea it was my peice until he was done.

    .........wow

    Comment

    • #17
      tpliquid1
      Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 436

      very professional of them to rapid dry fire someone elses gun ... word to the mouth brodda

      Comment

      • #18
        Jon
        Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 328

        While I imagine there are those who have had positive experiences there. . .this is unacceptable.

        I hope you receive some satisfaction out of this, after it's over.

        Comment

        • #19
          hkfooey
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2005
          • 740

          Just forget about it... TM sucks. Bill (the current owner) has no idea what's going on and did not treat the customer well.

          I bet you if you complain, they would deny the whole thing and it would never be their fault. 90% of the guys behind the counter have no idea on any firearm anyway ...

          I would spend my money in either Reeds or Trader Sport - at least they treat us like a "customer"!

          ----------------------------------------
          the strong takes from the weak...
          the smart takes from the strong...
          ----------------------------------------

          Comment

          • #20
            Sgt Raven
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • 3839

            Originally posted by hkfooey
            Just forget about it... TM sucks. Bill (the current owner) has no idea what's going on and did not treat the customer well.

            I bet you if you complain, they would deny the whole thing and it would never be their fault. 90% of the guys behind the counter have no idea on any firearm anyway ...

            I would spend my money in either Reeds or Trader Sport - at least they treat us like a "customer"!

            I don't miss those days at all, The way he screwed over the "charter life member's" of TM/ Milpitas.
            sigpic
            DILLIGAF
            "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice"
            "Once is Happenstance, Twice is Coincidence, Thrice is Enemy Action"
            "The flak is always heaviest, when you're over the target"

            Comment

            • #21
              Trempel
              Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 108

              I've been to TM only twice in the last several years and both of those occasions were against my wishes (1. I was selling a gun and this was the most convenient for the buyer 2. A friend asked for some help with his pistol and this range was open the latest). They have a lot of problems with terrible customer service, lack of knowlegable employees and bad attitude. A partial list of inexcusable crap that I've witnessed there:
              • An employee telling me that he hates guns and thinks that they're the "real WMDs"
              • The manager telling me to slow down on the range. I was shooting with at least a second between shots and he claimed a "three second rule."
              • Asking to look at a USED rifle and being told that I cannot open the action, unless I'm planning to pay for it.
              • Another employee sweeping the line with his muzzle, while instructing a new shooter on the range.

              After an unpleasant conversation with their staff last time I was there, I will never go back. Even if they're the last place in Bay Area that has a range and sells guns and ammo, they will not get any of my business.
              Last edited by Trempel; 02-06-2006, 1:34 PM.
              www.2Aforum.com

              Comment

              • #22
                socalguns
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 1707

                Originally posted by Trempel
                I've been to TM only twice in the last several years and both of those occasions were against my wishes (1. I was selling a gun and this was the most convenient for the buyer 2. A friend asked for some help with his pistol and this range was open the latest). They have a lot of problems with terrible customer service, lack of knowlegable employees and bad attitude. A partial list of inexcusable crap that I've witnessed there:
                • An employee telling me that he hates guns and thinks that they're the "real WMDs"
                • The manager telling me to slow down on the range. I was shooting with at least a second between shots and he claimed a "three second rule."
                • Asking to look at a USED rifle and being told that I cannot open the action, unless I'm planning to pay for it.
                • Another employee sweeping the line with his muzzle, while instructing a new shooter on the range.

                After an unpleasant conversation with their staff last time I was there, I will never go back. Even if they're the last place in Bay Area that has a range and sells guns and ammo, they will not get any of my business.
                A lot of ranges have the 3 second rule. I personally don't get it.
                "Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you."

                Comment

                • #23
                  AirborneStranger
                  Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 106

                  I hate targetmasters, bunch of gun elitist jackasses.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    sohijiro
                    Junior Member
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 68

                    just to clarify, i wasnt buying the pistol, i was selling it to a close friend of mine. it really pissed me off to find out that they have been ****ing with my very expensive gun while it was in their possesion.


                    basically im asking what should i do about this? i feel that they owe me a new replacement because i really have no way of telling how much they messed with that gun untill a few months later when i get a massive failure of the firearm. at that point i would never be able to go back to them and make them pay for it.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Henry47
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 922

                      Originally posted by sohijiro
                      just to clarify, i wasnt buying the pistol, i was selling it to a close friend of mine. it really pissed me off to find out that they have been ****ing with my very expensive gun while it was in their possesion.


                      basically im asking what should i do about this? i feel that they owe me a new replacement because i really have no way of telling how much they messed with that gun untill a few months later when i get a massive failure of the firearm. at that point i would never be able to go back to them and make them pay for it.
                      call the DOJ, file a complaint, contact the BBB

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        grammaton76
                        Administrator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 9511

                        Originally posted by socalguns
                        A lot of ranges have the 3 second rule. I personally don't get it.
                        I think the whole point is that it makes the hunting rifle crowd jittery and makes them miss their shots when someone with a semi-auto is firing.

                        Personally, I say if you can't handle the stress when someone opens up with a MACHINE GUN next to you, that you need to work on your jitteriness, not whine at the machine gunner.

                        On the other hand, I've been at Iron Sights when a damned punk high schooler brought in his dad's mini-14 and a bunch of 30 round mags and was showing off mag-dumping to his friends. And not just mag-dumping one 30rd mag - he was practicing rapid mag changes and RESUMING mag dumps. Then he was all proud of himself that he pretty much stopped the firing line when he was doing it. Mind you, he was shooting not only HIS target, but the ceiling, the floor, and the targets to the left and right of his lane. He nearly got shown the door.

                        My SU-16CA stopped the firing line last time I brought it out, and that wasn't even rapid fire - usually the first mag through my Desert Eagle accomplishes it too. Stopping a line is nothing to get excited over.
                        Last edited by grammaton76; 02-06-2006, 4:03 PM.
                        Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          CowtownBallin
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 518

                          Damn, man, sorry that happened to you. I've never been there, but I will avoid it at any cost. Word of mouth must be damaging! What you need to do is complain, if they don't comply, up the stakes to threatening DOJ action, then actually contact the DOJ. They should get their licence pulled if they're going to run that isht
                          -Miran
                          Resident Yugo expert

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            saki302
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 7191

                            Wow. I would call the DOJ and BBB right away if it were me. Messing with someone else's property against their wishes is low class, not to mention illegal.

                            Reminds me of why I almost always disassemble any firearms I'm transferring and just leave the receiver at the shop. Here's the receiver- enjoy

                            Given an extra 10 minutes, I could leave a stripped receiver if I wanted to!

                            For that type of behavior, and other rip-off actiojns, they SHOULD lose their license, period. Maybe a nicer guy would buy out the range to the benefit of all..

                            -Dave

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Brass Balls
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 541

                              Dang that is seriously messed up if it did indeed happen.

                              I've been shooting and doing business there for several years and have never had such a problem. Actually I've felt that that the paperwork and processing has improved.
                              Last edited by Brass Balls; 02-21-2006, 3:21 PM.
                              NRA Life Member
                              NRA Certified Instructor

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                kalibear
                                Yo
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 604

                                Haven't had any problems with them myself but the young people that work there look thuggish and are slow at doing the paperwork. I usually get the older guys that I recognize and have seniority to help me out. I don't mind waiting, plenty of "eye candy" floating around the store as of late. Good place to pick up on single, female firearm enthusiasts
                                "Want me to punch-i-size your face, for free?" ~ RF

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1