Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which Glock?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    locosway
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jun 2009
    • 11346

    Originally posted by CK_32
    Not one person says 21?? Why not a full size .45??
    Why compromise for a .45 when you can have a 10mm?
    OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    CA DOJ Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer

    Comment

    • #62
      ballyhoo
      Member
      • Sep 2010
      • 121

      21

      Gen-3 Glock 21

      Comment

      • #63
        CK_32
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2010
        • 14369

        Originally posted by locosway
        Why compromise for a .45 when you can have a 10mm?
        Idk what so special about a 10mm? I'm just getting into hand guns and have been researching my first one one and off for about a year and came up on the glock 21 for my SHTF carry and night stand gun/ desert play days.

        I just recently ruled off the g17 and have made most of my mind up on a 21 being the gun for me... I'm asking why hasn't anyone mentioned the 21 and maybe for my need Im set on the wrong glock.

        I know the 21 is a 45 good hd knock down power and is full size which I like. I'm a civy stuck with the 10rnd limit anyways... Do I need to lock my door and get to clicking around the net again or should i be good to go with the 21 for my needs?
        Originally posted by ballyhoo
        Gen-3 Glock 21
        Thank you
        Last edited by CK_32; 05-18-2011, 9:29 AM.
        For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

        What's Your Caliber??


        My Youtube channel

        Comment

        • #64
          locosway
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jun 2009
          • 11346

          Originally posted by CK_32
          Idk what so special about a 10mm? I'm just getting into hand guns and have been researching my first one one and off for about a year and came up on the glock 21 for my SHTF carry and night stand gun/ desert play days.

          I just recently ruled off the g17 and have made most of my mind up on a 21 being the gun for me... I'm asking why hasn't anyone mentioned the 21 and maybe for my need Im set on the wrong glock.

          I know the 21 is a 45 good hd knock down power and is full size which I like. I'm a civy stuck with the 10rnd limit anyways... Do I need to lock my door and get to clicking around the net again or should i be good to go with the 21 for my needs?


          Thank you
          The 10mm was developed to address the short comings of the .45acp. Also, the .45 having "knock down power" is somewhat of a myth, especially with modern ammo and JHP designs being the way they are.

          A good reason to go with a G17 over a G21 is cost. I can shoot twice as much as you for the same price.

          Overall you should test fire the guns and find which one shoots best in your hands. Only you can decide which gun is best for you, and no amount of research online will help you with that. As much as I love my G20, and I also go to my G17 for most everything. My G20 is more of my "woods" gun, even though I haven't been to the woods since I've owned it.
          OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
          NRA Certified Instructor
          CA DOJ Certified Instructor
          Glock Certified Armorer

          Comment

          • #65
            Uxi
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2008
            • 5155

            error: 21 not found.
            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

            9mm + 5.56mm =
            .45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
            10mm + 6.8 SPC =
            sigpic

            Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14

            Comment

            • #66
              CK_32
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2010
              • 14369

              Originally posted by locosway
              The 10mm was developed to address the short comings of the .45acp. Also, the .45 having "knock down power" is somewhat of a myth, especially with modern ammo and JHP designs being the way they are.

              A good reason to go with a G17 over a G21 is cost. I can shoot twice as much as you for the same price.

              Overall you should test fire the guns and find which one shoots best in your hands. Only you can decide which gun is best for you, and no amount of research online will help you with that. As much as I love my G20, and I also go to my G17 for most everything. My G20 is more of my "woods" gun, even though I haven't been to the woods since I've owned it.
              Thaw another thing too I reload so costs don't scare me too much. And I was looking into one of those 22lr conversion kits. Man I was almost fully confadant in the 21sf now I'm back to square one with either the g17 or g21....
              For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

              What's Your Caliber??


              My Youtube channel

              Comment

              • #67
                locosway
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jun 2009
                • 11346

                Originally posted by CK_32
                Thaw another thing too I reload so costs don't scare me too much. And I was looking into one of those 22lr conversion kits. Man I was almost fully confadant in the 21sf now I'm back to square one with either the g17 or g21....
                Reloading is great, and I save all my brass... but I can't justify sitting in the garage for hours making 100 rounds that will last me a few minutes at the range. I'd rather buy my ammo new and not have to worry about a double charge or all that other crap. Not to mention that if my gun KB's that I'll have a better chance of getting it replaced through the insurance on the ammo manufacturer or the gun maker. If I lose some fingers because of my crappy reloads then it's all on me. I'm not retired yet, so I need my hands. I'll wait to reload once I'm old and don't care if I can't use my hands.
                OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
                NRA Certified Instructor
                CA DOJ Certified Instructor
                Glock Certified Armorer

                Comment

                • #68
                  DannyInSoCal
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 8271

                  G50GI

                  .
                  $500 Donation to any Veterans Charity - Plus $500 Gift Card to any gun store: Visit 2nd Amendment Mortgage / www.2AMortgage.com

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    CK_32
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 14369

                    Originally posted by locosway
                    Reloading is great, and I save all my brass... but I can't justify sitting in the garage for hours making 100 rounds that will last me a few minutes at the range. I'd rather buy my ammo new and not have to worry about a double charge or all that other crap. Not to mention that if my gun KB's that I'll have a better chance of getting it replaced through the insurance on the ammo manufacturer or the gun maker. If I lose some fingers because of my crappy reloads then it's all on me. I'm not retired yet, so I need my hands. I'll wait to reload once I'm old and don't care if I can't use my hands.

                    I take it you don't reload yet.... And I almost like reloading as much as I do going out and shooting when I can't get out. I load thousands of rounds of my 5.56 and my 308. Not a single mid fire yet. But if money and high caps weren't an issue would you still go 17 over the 22 for home defense and SHTF gun?
                    For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                    What's Your Caliber??


                    My Youtube channel

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      locosway
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 11346

                      Originally posted by CK_32
                      I take it you don't reload yet.... And I almost like reloading as much as I do going out and shooting when I can't get out. I load thousands of rounds of my 5.56 and my 308. Not a single mid fire yet. But if money and high caps weren't an issue would you still go 17 over the 22 for home defense and SHTF gun?
                      I reload for my 10mm, and I find that it's too time consuming now. I'm young and have better things to do with my time. However, I do save all of my brass, so eventually I'll be able to just reload and not worry about having to buy brass.

                      I haven't had an issues with my 10mm reloads yet either, but there's always that chance. Right now I'd rather not chance it.
                      OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
                      NRA Certified Instructor
                      CA DOJ Certified Instructor
                      Glock Certified Armorer

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        Bart1
                        Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 290

                        I voted for 17. Odds are it will fit your hand better. It certainly does mine and I don't have the biggest hands in the world. The finger grooves on the 19 are too close together. Also the grip area is rather small. I notice during 8 hour training days my hand would start to creep up the grip because the surface area was so small and uncomfortable and I would get slide bite. Stings a little, doesn't exactly hurt. But with the 17's larger grip surface area it doesn't happen...at least not to me.
                        G17 RTF all the way! 17rnds of a +p HP are just plain nasty! I noticed that about the G19's also. I still like em though.

                        If going the .45acp I would look into a G30.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          locosway
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 11346

                          ^ Yes, I love my G17 RTF2! It's by far my favorite handgun, even more so than my G20. Now, if I had a G20 RTF2 then all bets would be off!
                          OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
                          NRA Certified Instructor
                          CA DOJ Certified Instructor
                          Glock Certified Armorer

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            RealBarber
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 748

                            Glock 21SF

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1