Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glockworx: Warning

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    supersonic
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2007
    • 5885

    Originally posted by Yar
    Honestly you are not a very pleasant customer to deal with. I will not go into detail as I believe that would be unprofessional.
    As far as not wanting to be unprofessional, per the above you are too late.

    Originally posted by kiloechovictor
    If I might be so bold, just bringing that up was unprofessional.

    Oooops, guess it was I who was too late. You beat me to it.

    And to the guys that aren't getting this, the OP did not say one single bad thing about the guy (quite the contrary, per the first line of the post). The vendor then decided to get personal. Pretty unprofessional if you ask me. And unwarranted. If the vendor had a personal issue with the OP's demeanor, he should have either kept it between the two of them, or to himself. Airing that kind of thing in public is just bad ju-ju.
    Last edited by supersonic; 01-22-2011, 2:44 PM.

    *FACTORY-CERTIFIED ARMORER AT YOUR SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO, ALSO AR-15 WORK/ YUGO M59/66 SKS NIGHT SIGHTS REPLACEMENT - 916-516-7380*

    Comment

    • #17
      Shenaniguns
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2006
      • 6158

      Originally posted by supersonic
      As far as not wanting to be unprofessional, per the above you are too late.




      Oooops, guess it was I who was too late. You beat me to it.

      And to the guys that aren't getting this, the OP did not say one single bad thing about the guy (quite the contrary, per the first line of the post). The vendor then decided to get personal. Pretty unprofessional if you ask me. And unwarranted. If the vendor had a personal issue with the OP's demeanor, he should have either kept it between the two of them, or to himself. Airing that kind of thing in public is just bad ju-ju.



      I guess you'll be in the minority
      My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

      Comment

      • #18
        faterikcartman
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2006
        • 1404

        I can't say anything about who's fault this situation is and I feel bad for all concerned.

        But if Glockworx were the guys sharing a booth with Brownells at the Shot Show their display seemed to generate more interest and excitement than most. And I thought the guns on display were hotter and slicker than flaming pig %$#!. I want I want I want. The textured grip in what I think was silicone carbide was fantastic.

        Since it sounds reasonable that the slide and trigger technique are at fault I confess I'm going to give Glockworx a try anyway.
        Last edited by faterikcartman; 01-22-2011, 8:20 PM.
        I am not your lawyer. I am not giving you or anyone else who reads my posts legal advice. I am making off-the-cuff comments that may or may not be accurate and are personal, not professional, opinion. If you think you need a lawyer please retain a qualified attorney in your jurisdiction. Your local bar association may be able to help if you need a referral.

        Two Weeks!: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...p/t-59936.html

        Comment

        • #19
          cannon
          In Memoriam
          • Aug 2008
          • 8589

          Originally posted by kiloechovictor
          If I might be so bold, just bringing that up was unprofessional.
          The OP did imply in the last line of his post that the gunsmith was not "Good, responsive or trustworthy." That accusation allows the gunsmith to respond and he did.
          ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

          Comment

          • #20
            supersonic
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2007
            • 5885

            Originally posted by Shenaniguns
            I guess you'll be in the minority
            Regardless, I just call it as I see it, as does everyone else here. "Minority" or not.

            *FACTORY-CERTIFIED ARMORER AT YOUR SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO, ALSO AR-15 WORK/ YUGO M59/66 SKS NIGHT SIGHTS REPLACEMENT - 916-516-7380*

            Comment

            • #21
              hcbr
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 4733

              all i can say is try getting everything back to stock and just keep it that way, and if you ever want to upgrade those parts again, just DIY and see what those armorers or smith's have to do.
              Be the change that you wish to see in the world.Mahatma Gandhi

              "A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
              ― Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)

              Comment

              • #22
                Shenaniguns
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2006
                • 6158

                Originally posted by hcbr
                all i can say is try getting everything back to stock and just keep it that way, and if you ever want to upgrade those parts again, just DIY and see what those armorers or smith's have to do.

                Or try it in the stock slide vs. the LWD slide which may be out of spec.
                My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                Comment

                • #23
                  1911su16b870
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 7654

                  IMO if you take a stock glock and go with any non-OEM item in it, it is no longer a self defense pistol but a novelty, hobby item-and there is nothing wrong with that. Alot of folks are going to have trouble with that.

                  I carry a Glock for self defense purposes. It is stock and I run it often. As and armorer, I replace worn parts with new Glock OEM. I don't worry about it. It works each and every time.

                  I have very good results with a Glockworx trigger on a "fun" gun that I built up. I had to put a bit of time and effort setting it up to work. I would not carry this pistol as a self defense item. I understand the OP post and the smiths post. Non-OEM means you have to put time and effort in it to make it work.

                  Good luck with it, hope you work it out.
                  "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

                  NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
                  GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
                  Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
                  I instruct it if you shoot it.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    supersonic
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2007
                    • 5885

                    Originally posted by Shenaniguns
                    Or try it in the stock slide vs. the LWD slide which may be out of spec.
                    He already did. Read the OP again.

                    Originally posted by 1911su16b870
                    IMO if you take a stock glock and go with any non-OEM item in it, it is no longer a self defense pistol but a novelty, hobby item-and there is nothing wrong with that. Alot of folks are going to have trouble with that.

                    I carry a Glock for self defense purposes. It is stock and I run it often. As and armorer, I replace worn parts with new Glock OEM. I don't worry about it. It works each and every time.

                    I have very good results with a Glockworx trigger on a "fun" gun that I built up. I had to put a bit of time and effort setting it up to work. I would not carry this pistol as a self defense item. I understand the OP post and the smiths post. Non-OEM means you have to put time and effort in it to make it work.

                    Good luck with it, hope you work it out.
                    +100% Stock Glocks Rock (as per their original design .......which was (IMO) to be select-fire submachine pistols. All you have to do is look at how a G-18 works internally, and that says it all)
                    Last edited by supersonic; 01-22-2011, 7:24 PM.

                    *FACTORY-CERTIFIED ARMORER AT YOUR SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO, ALSO AR-15 WORK/ YUGO M59/66 SKS NIGHT SIGHTS REPLACEMENT - 916-516-7380*

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      rjeusmc
                      Junior Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 64

                      Wow. Unpleasant customer to deal with? Ray, that statement disappoints me. I wasn't attacking you, and I did NOT imply in my last line that you were neither good nor trustworthy like someone inferred in a post. I don't want people to think I'm making waves here, but I reserve my right to warn my fellow firearms enthusiasts about a bad experience I had. Your reputation was a good one, that's why I disregarded similar posts that bashed the Fulcrum trigger.

                      Am I unpleasant because I was alarmed at receiving a gashed slide and emailed you about it?Because I gave you my case with all of my factory parts and tools, for your convenience? Because you kept my glockmeister allen wrench, and glockworx trigger adjustment wrench and I demanded them back? You sent them so I held no ill will towards you sir.

                      Why would you say you drove three hours just to meet me Ray? You know you told me in an email that you were going to Pala range for a USPSA shoot and that I could meet you there, where I drove an hour to meet you? I'm puzzled by this. Damage control or what?

                      Did I ever speak to you in a disrespectful or aggressive manner? Didn't I pay you an extra $65 because I thought your services warranted more money? What good are discounted services if the function is improper? The fulcrum trigger was a brownell's purchase so why would it be any different? Why would it still malfunction with my stock slide? Didn't you troubleshoot it at Gworx with other parts?

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        rjeusmc
                        Junior Member
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 64

                        I'm puzzled because I led this post with a line about you being a good guy. I don't get it. Your personal attack frustrates me.

                        In the gun world there are several military friendly gunsmiths and vendors, and I always appreciate their offering discounts. I warn anyone readily accepting these discounts that the work performed can be IN SOME CASES substandard.

                        I will be refusing any discounts any vendors or gunsmiths offer me in the future, so I know they wont be held against me when I have a quality dispute.

                        Thank you. Semper Fidelis.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          rjeusmc
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 64

                          Originally posted by cannon
                          The OP did imply in the last line of his post that the gunsmith was not "Good, responsive or trustworthy." That accusation allows the gunsmith to respond and he did.
                          How could you possibly extract that from that post, sir? I bolded those letters so only a gunsmith meeting that criteria would respond.

                          This post is my own personal account of the matter and an assessment of the parts purchased. I told you all what my endstate was, I wish Mr. Ray Wong and glockworx all the best, as any firearms business in California faces much adversity. I will not continue to do business there, and Mr. Wong, per your statement I will not bother you with any of my issues in the future. That email I sent you after the wrenches were returned will be my last.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            X-NewYawker
                            In Memoriam
                            • May 2008
                            • 5993

                            Ahh... a controversial thread in which I am NOT involved... sigh...

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Gowking
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 2664

                              Originally posted by X-NewYawker
                              Ahh... a controversial thread in which I am NOT involved... sigh...
                              LOL, well there's still time to inject yourself into this one.

                              -G

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                supermario
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 4569

                                Im sorry to threadjack but I am curious, Can the grip slimming modification affect A glock's reliability or is that just a cosmetic modification? I love Glocks the way they are but I got small hands and need smaller grips. Once again, sorry for the threadjack but perhaps user Yar or any person whom knows whats involved in this modification can answer this question. Once again, sorry to threadjack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1