Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 or Glock

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    MasterYong
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 2724

    First of all: apples and oranges.

    Second of all: you're comparing a high-end polymer gun with a low-to-middle-of-the-road 1911. Not really fair.

    For your specific comparison, my vote says the Glock wins. Compare the Glock to a Kimber or high-end Springfield and the 1911 wins.

    They both have their strong points. I have both 1911s and a Glock. The Glock is the gun I grab when I get home to carry for protection, the 1911 is the gun I would PREFER to carry for protection but honestly my full-size 1911 is also one of my most expensive guns and I'd hate to have it confiscated should I have to defend my family.

    If you're looking for a gun for home defense get the Glock, unless you already have a nice 1911 and you'd be willing to part with the RIA in the tragic event you needed it to save your family.
    01001100 01100101 01100001 01110010 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110011 01110111 01101001 01101101 00100000 01001001 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01101111 01110111 01101110 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100001 01110010 01101001 01111010 01101111 01101110 01100001 00100000 01100010 01100001 01111001 00101110

    sigpic

    Comment

    • #62
      Vanilla Gorilla
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Aug 2010
      • 11015

      Originally posted by MasterYong
      First of all: apples and oranges.

      Second of all: you're comparing a high-end polymer gun with a low-to-middle-of-the-road 1911. Not really fair.

      For your specific comparison, my vote says the Glock wins. Compare the Glock to a Kimber or high-end Springfield and the 1911 wins.

      They both have their strong points. I have both 1911s and a Glock. The Glock is the gun I grab when I get home to carry for protection, the 1911 is the gun I would PREFER to carry for protection but honestly my full-size 1911 is also one of my most expensive guns and I'd hate to have it confiscated should I have to defend my family.

      If you're looking for a gun for home defense get the Glock, unless you already have a nice 1911 and you'd be willing to part with the RIA in the tragic event you needed it to save your family.
      i am not comparing either just asking what to get first
      That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. Dosen't show up on your airport X-ray machines, here, and it cost more than you make in a month.
      -John McClane

      Comment

      • #63
        RollingCode3
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 3221

        Originally posted by Vanilla gorilla
        i am not comparing either just asking what to get first
        If you can't make up your mind or dont know what to get first.... how about not buying anything at all. People in this thread already point out the pro's and con's for both guns already.
        Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

        Comment

        • #64
          modls7
          Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 414

          Get 1911, and properly break it in with lots of ball ammo!

          Comment

          • #65
            flatovercrest
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2008
            • 740

            Funny how the plastic pistol is killing the old gun on the poll..

            Comment

            • #66
              GW
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2004
              • 16078

              What's on sale right now?
              Find whichever one is the best deal and go with it. They're both good choices so for me, it simply would be whichever is the best deal at this moment.
              Last edited by GW; 01-04-2011, 5:27 PM.
              sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

              Comment

              • #67
                Omil
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 2130

                Get Glock first, look for a pre-owned 1911's, RIA last choice. GL
                sigpic
                All Gave Some, Some Gave All...

                Comment

                • #68
                  gsrious
                  Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 336

                  id get the glock

                  '15 Jeep JKUR

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    WW2Buff
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2007
                    • 1327

                    Hahaha, why oh why! Ummmm, Glock 19 over the 17 since the 1911 will be full size and get the 1911 first but definitely get both.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      den888
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 10520

                      1911 would be my choice

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        elSquid
                        In Memoriam
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 11844

                        Originally posted by Vanilla gorilla
                        i am not comparing either just asking what to get first
                        Ask yourself: "If the zombiepocalypse were to happen tomorrow, which gun I would rather have?"

                        For most of us, that would be the Glock.

                        Of course, if it's an uprising of Nazi zombies, then things change: clearly the 1911 is the better choice.

                        Although, if these are Nazi zombie-rabbits coming back from the dead, then we're back at the 9mm.

                        Unless they are 10 foot tall Nazi zombie-rabbits: you're better off with 45ACP.

                        10 foot tall Nazi zombie-rabbit balloon animals do, however, make a compelling case for the G17...

                        HTH,

                        -- Michael

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          bucktooth7
                          Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 311

                          I own both the Ria Tactical and the g17 od. IMO g17 first and then the Ria. Glock is more dependable cheaper to shoot and accurate. You can shoot the crap out of 9mm reloads for a few $. .45 reloads are a bit more expensive.
                          We will do as we will do because I am me and you are you.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            GreenAndy
                            Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 496

                            I would get a Glock in 40 S&W or larger. I have the Glock 23 and 27 and I love them. And I have a 1911 too. But the Glocks hold more rounds and are lighter to carry around, don't rust, etc....
                            You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

                            IAN FLEMING

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              Mr. J
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 63

                              I'd get a Glock 36. If you want a single stack quality gun that shoots 45.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                Striker
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2010
                                • 750

                                If you don't have a 1911 or a Glock in your arsenal, I think Glock. Less maintenance and cheaper to shoot.

                                I might be wrong, but I remember reading that Glock does not intend to stop making Gen 3 guns, so I wouldn't worry about that. Even if they do, I'm sure they'll find a way to make Gen 4 guns available to everyone.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1