Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

G17 vs. G19

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    bigbob76
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 3954

    I'm having difficulty following the logic that those who have ruled out any possibility of CCW in the future would choose the 17. The 19 may be the most versatile Glock made. If I wanted something larger why would I choose the 17 over the 34? A few dollars? I traded for a 23 once because it fit my 19 IWB holster. I found it miserable to shoot and couldn't wait to get rid of it. The 34 is a lot of gun for the money. I say shoot it right out of the box until you can get small groups and then change sights etc. to get smaller groups. Training and practice beats gadgets every time as far as I can see.
    If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

    Comment

    • #32
      thomasanelson
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 1210

      I have owned all three of the 9mm versions. If I had to choose just one, it would be the 19. Easy enough to carry conceiled, but big enough get a "full frame" grip. If there was any chance of actually carrying concieled, I would go with the 26. If the gun were only to be used as a range/home gun, I would seriously thing about the 17. Just one thing to consider....it seems to me there are more 17s for sale in the WTS forum than 19s.

      Comment

      • #33
        themailman
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 2029

        To me, the 19 was the more practical choice. I carry in my home state, I use it for HD here, and it fits my hand like a glove. The 17 felt awkward to me.

        Oh, and a pic...

        Comment

        • #34
          joe_sun
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 1905

          Originally posted by Skter505
          The better debate IMO would be 19 or 34. I have no use for a 17, 34 is full size, about the same size as a 1911. 19 is good for carry when you don't want a full size.
          This

          The G19 fits my hand better but if you're going full size get the 34.

          Comment

          • #35
            bsg
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2009
            • 25954

            those are both very good handguns. i would probably opt for the G19 because of it's size, rather than despite it.

            if i found a great deal on a 1st or 2nd generation G17 i might very well go for that; if my astrological money moons were in sync with the stars....

            i actually have a G26 on an extended layaway. i am replacing one that i sold many years ago.

            Comment

            • #36
              evidens83
              Calguns Addict
              • Apr 2009
              • 7839

              G19
              WTS 10/22 Lasermax laser CHEAP!!!

              Comment

              • #37
                SIGman Freud
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2009
                • 877

                I don't like the 4th Gen (or rough textured 3rd gen) Glocks. I think that texturing looks cheap, and doesn't feel good on the hands (to me, anyways).

                That said, the 3rd gen G19! Well......his little brother, the G26, too!

                Comment

                • #38
                  SIGman Freud
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 877

                  Originally posted by themailman
                  To me, the 19 was the more practical choice. I carry in my home state, I use it for HD here, and it fits my hand like a glove. The 17 felt awkward to me.

                  Oh, and a pic...
                  I'm diggin' that olive drab frame.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    shortround1
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 993

                    Stop teasing with gen 4 pictures.

                    To the O.P. if you get a g19 you can always use g17 magazines (If you're ever in a free state).
                    So um... moon labia or something.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Greg-Dawg
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 7793

                      Originally posted by SIGman Freud
                      I'm diggin' that olive drab frame.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        JTROKS
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 13093

                        I used to have a similar dilemma until it dawned on me. Needed a compact self defense pistol, solved that with a G23. I needed a sub compact back up, which resulted in a G27. Needed a full size to compliment both and solved it with a G35, but I ended up buying your LW 40-9 G35 barrel from you to shoot cheaper bullets and brass. The barrel turned out to be an accurate combo for my G35 conversion. Thanks again.
                        The wise man said just find your place
                        In the eye of the storm
                        Seek the roses along the way
                        Just beware of the thorns...
                        K. Meine

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          SIGman Freud
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 877

                          Originally posted by Greg-Dawg
                          YEAAHHHH!

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            rojocorsa
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 9139

                            I've had the dilemma in my head before. Currently, I'm leaning towards getting a GLOCK 17 when legally possible.

                            But I have actually put a mag through the GLOCK 19---and it felt pretty normal sized. I think that in pictures, the gun looks smaller than it really is. I've never fired a 17, only held them. The larger grip didn't seem to affect me, but I would still like trigger time with both guns. So far my mind remains open, but I do lean more towards the 17. I have a friend who carries one appendix full time in Free America and it doesn't seem to give him any beef.
                            sigpic
                            7-6-2 FTMFW!

                            "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Baconator
                              Bacon makes it better
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 9547

                              Get both.

                              I prefer the 19 because of the versatility of being able to carry it, if I were ever allowed to, with it sill being large enough to not need the mag extensions like my 27 does.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                bsg
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 25954

                                Originally posted by JTROKS
                                I used to have a similar dilemma until it dawned on me. Needed a compact self defense pistol, solved that with a G23. I needed a sub compact back up, which resulted in a G27. Needed a full size to compliment both and solved it with a G35, but I ended up buying your LW 40-9 G35 barrel from you to shoot cheaper bullets and brass. The barrel turned out to be an accurate combo for my G35 conversion. Thanks again.

                                sounds good. a man with a plan....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1