Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

no more ammo order from internet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    Andy Taylor
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 1367

    Originally posted by piglith
    This brings into question when too much ammo hording is too much? Any word on how much my ammo dump can contain? I'm somewhere around 30K of various rounds.
    The only limit is your wallet and how much you have space for.

    Comment

    • #62
      WWDHD?
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 2722

      I was just at the Milpitas WalMart and they had ammo. I could'nt believe it, I thought you had to go a lot further out away from the bay area to find ammo a WM (like Tracy).
      They were well stocked. Got a few boxes of Federal FMJ 9mm for just under $10 a box/50. Thats about the same as gunshow prices, more or less. Also got a 100rd box of federal 12ga shells for shooting clays for $20.
      NRA & CRPA member
      semi-docile tax payer
      amateur survivalist

      Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!

      Comment

      • #63
        neomedic
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • 3276

        Anyone know where I can order some Ranger Talons? Or Federal HST?

        Comment

        • #64
          gunn
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2007
          • 1536

          Originally posted by WWDHD?
          I was just at the Milpitas WalMart and they had ammo. I could'nt believe it, I thought you had to go a lot further out away from the bay area to find ammo a WM (like Tracy).
          They were well stocked. Got a few boxes of Federal FMJ 9mm for just under $10 a box/50. Thats about the same as gunshow prices, more or less. Also got a 100rd box of federal 12ga shells for shooting clays for $20.
          They had a bunch of ammo yes but only one box of decently price 30-06 (Remington Core Lokt).
          -g
          Play it Forward Thread: Share with your Fellow Calgunners by Giving Something for FREE and Take Something you Need for FREE!

          Comment

          • #65
            OmutaX
            Member
            • May 2010
            • 163

            Originally posted by neomedic
            Anyone know where I can order some Ranger Talons? Or Federal HST?
            AlamoAmmo.com has them for a reasonable price. But if you live in the CITY of Los Angeles, it's a no go because of the city ammo ordnance. Los Angeles County is fine.

            Comment

            • #66
              Michael735
              Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 263

              Mtn View Walmart still has plenty of Ammo. In fact, better stocked than it has been in a while.

              Both the guy and gal in the dept are amazingly helpful, and have waked back to the stockroom for me on more than one occasion (and found stock just coming in). Spoke with the guy this morning, and he has heard nothing about decreasing or eliminating ammo sales at their location.

              Comment

              • #67
                Scratch705
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2009
                • 12537

                Originally posted by stormy_clothing
                To the people who think they are going to drive back over the state border on feb 1 from az with 10000 rounds the man has other ideas. And so do a number of store owners I spoke too on the other side of the border err iron wall. Either buy before the end of jan preferably after xmas or way before or wait until april / may. Some officers will have it in there mind that large quantities equal intent to distribute and will act as such.
                which gun stores? so i can make sure not to patron them.

                if anything, if i'm going over the border to purchase ammo, i'm going to wal-mart first since they will most likely have it in stock and will most likely have the cheapest price. and if i don't buy from wal-mart, then i'm having family/friends out of state purchase from online vendors, and i'll just pick it up from their house.

                as for cops having their own interpretation of this law, I would love to see how they will know i even have ammo in the car. only idiots leave boxes of ammo in the open when traveling, it is called the trunk and duffel bags. and unless that cop has reason to search my duffel bags and trunk, i think finding hundreds/thousands of rounds of ammo would be the least of my worries.
                Originally posted by leelaw
                Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                Comment

                • #68
                  plan-b
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 680

                  Originally posted by RX_Pilot
                  So I just called Wal Mart in Mountain view and they DO still sell ammunition. I could barely understand the clerk when asking for a price check but the fact she went to check confirms that they still carry ammo. I guess the guy at the San Jose Wal Mart was clueless...
                  Yup, I stopped by after work and picked up 5 more boxes of 9mm. They seem to have that and .40S&W reasonably well stocked. Had a little bit of .38 Special too. No .45ACP though.

                  I can't believe that 50 rounds for $9.47 is considered cheap now. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was paying $5.99 for 50 rounds of WWB and $10.99 for the 100 round bulk packs when I wanted to splurge.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    Anchors
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 5940

                    Originally posted by Scratch705
                    which gun stores? so i can make sure not to patron them.

                    if anything, if i'm going over the border to purchase ammo, i'm going to wal-mart first since they will most likely have it in stock and will most likely have the cheapest price. and if i don't buy from wal-mart, then i'm having family/friends out of state purchase from online vendors, and i'll just pick it up from their house.

                    as for cops having their own interpretation of this law, I would love to see how they will know i even have ammo in the car. only idiots leave boxes of ammo in the open when traveling, it is called the trunk and duffel bags. and unless that cop has reason to search my duffel bags and trunk, i think finding hundreds/thousands of rounds of ammo would be the least of my worries.
                    Also, is the intent to distribute ammo even a crime?

                    (A4) What kinds of ammunition are covered by the GCA? [Back]

                    Ammunition includes cartridge cases, primers, bullets or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm other than an antique firearm.

                    Items NOT covered include blank ammunition, tear gas ammunition, pellets and nonmetallic shotgun hulls without primers.

                    Generally, no records are required for ammunition transactions. However, information about the disposition of armor piercing ammunition is required to be entered into a record by importers, manufacturers, and collectors.

                    A license is not required for dealers in ammunition only.

                    [18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17) and 922(b)(5), 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.125]
                    Unless CA has a law, you only need an FFL if you are distributing ammo you manufactured. So they can have a different interpretation all they want, but they might have trouble finding anything in the letter of the law that says they're right.

                    I don't care about online ammo, but if Walmart stops selling ammo I will be back home at AZ Walmarts stocking up.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      nosuchagency
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 1171

                      er, i thinks it's a bit premature to speculate on the walmart angle in ca (second hand info postings aside)... grave dig this thread at turn of year...yeah...
                      Originally posted by Graybeard
                      Seriously the quality of some of the posts on here has gone waaaaayyyyyy down
                      Originally posted by cannon
                      You have not been here long enough to see how low they can really go.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        Anchors
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 5940

                        Walmart

                        I was just at my Walmart and the guy asked how much 9mm Federal I wanted and I said how much is there? (only 8 boxes on shelf) and he said "I can get you a case in the back, it's $205 after tax". I thought they only had the stuff on the floor. (Still no .380)
                        I was sold, but then I asked him about the law and he said if it goes into effect they won't sell ammo anymore in CA because Walmart doesn't want to deal with possible fines associated with improper record keeping.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          BigfootHunter
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 770

                          RA, that fits what I was told at a Walmart here in OC today as well. No more ammo period at Walmart if this thing goes through, including rifle ammo in CA. Though i didn't ask about shot shells.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Cyc Wid It
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 4485

                            The Mountain View Walmart hasn't had any .45 in forever. I went twice when I was in the area and I called for a few weeks and no luck any of the times. The guy working the ammo sections aid he hadn't had any .45 in months.

                            I've called the Milpitas one a few times with no luck as well.
                            WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              MontClaire
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 4859

                              Here we go again! I remember when you all hoarded lower receivers and now pistol ammo. I think some will try to hoard rifle ammo too in confusion just in case!

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                jptsr1
                                Member
                                • Apr 2007
                                • 270

                                Originally posted by RX_Pilot
                                There's only 1 Wal Mart in my area that still sells ammo. I called the Wal Mart in San Jose and they responded that they, and Mountain View stopped selling not too long ago. Milpitas still sells ammo though.
                                so does Mountain View
                                -Guide: "if your gonna try and shoot a bear with that thing you better file down the front sight."
                                -Hunter: "why, so i get a quicker draw from my holster?"
                                -Guide: "no, so it will hurt a little less when the bear takes it from you and shoves it up your *****!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1