Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

no more ammo order from internet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    stphnman20
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2005
    • 6583

    Good thing I know how to reload. ahem!

    Comment

    • #32
      Twinsen
      Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 255

      Yeah, I'd have to ship it. It's on the east coast.

      So before Feb I need to get out there and send some over.
      Anyone who questions any government worker is now treated exactly the same as cop haters. So according to some, this is now cop bashing:
      It's now extremism too:
      Declaration of Independence
      Constitution of the USA (4 pages long)
      The Bill of Rights

      Comment

      • #33
        Noah3683
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 2256

        Originally posted by Helpful_Cub
        Find out what day the shipment comes in and visit. My local Walmart has been out of .45 for months, however they are still getting 9mm in every week or two and it just so happens the truck shows up Wednesday morning.

        Correct, one of my friend is a Store Manager and has confirmed that Walmart is clearing out its California warehouses of ammo. The only thing I can suggest is buy as much as you can, its heavily discounted and even cheaper than what I can buy online. Hopefully a Judge somewhere will stop the law from going into effect so Walmart will restock and go back to doing normal sales.
        Damn that sucks. Both of my local walmart's get it every couple days. tons of everything else, and now a fair amount of .45 My past 2 trips have wielded great results. probably 20 boxes of federal the 1st time. and at least 10 of every brand/variety of .45 the 2nd time. They even had 7 of the 250rd umc mega packs. I can go there early any day i work, so no real problem getting it for me. I wasn't shopping for .45 for a while and started noticing consistent quantities shortly after selling my 1st xd45. Now I have another so the refueling has begun
        Originally posted by Neil McCauley
        Are you actually suppost to "taste" wood?
        Originally posted by Neil McCauley
        Just wish I knew what wood in your meat is suppost to taste like.

        Comment

        • #34
          SupportGeek
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 752

          Originally posted by Ron-Solo
          It's not illegal. You can bring ammo back with you. You just won't be able to get it mail order unless the law is blocked.
          Lets hope its blocked. Can we do anything?

          I cant see how any reasonable person would expect this law to work with the intent they have for it. All it does is punish the legal firearms owners in the state, and put a run on ammunition from panic buying...bleh
          Originally posted by oaklander
          At this point, you are not even playing checkers, you are playing marbles, and it appears that some of yours may have been misplaced.

          Comment

          • #35
            bucktooth7
            Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 311

            Does this new law include the components for reloading? Powder, Primers etc...?
            We will do as we will do because I am me and you are you.

            Comment

            • #36
              doran4x
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Jun 2006
              • 226

              Originally posted by wreck
              I dont think this is true. I live in LA and ive been ordering ammo from cabellas for a while now and never had a problem. Only website that wouldnt ship to me for some reason was cheaper than dirt.
              I order from cheaper than dirt and use my town's name. I am in Los Angeles city, but I am in Palms or Echo Park or such. No shipping issues.

              Comment

              • #37
                dachan
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2007
                • 1973

                Originally posted by RX_Pilot
                There's only 1 Wal Mart in my area that still sells ammo. I called the Wal Mart in San Jose and they responded that they, and Mountain View stopped selling not too long ago. Milpitas still sells ammo though.
                What, when did MV stop selling ammo? Can anyone confirm?

                Comment

                • #38
                  SJgunguy24
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • May 2008
                  • 14849

                  Originally posted by Ron-Solo
                  It's not illegal. You can bring ammo back with you. You just won't be able to get it mail order unless the law is blocked.
                  Not true, 03FFL with a COE is exempt from 962 compliance. We have already been screened by DOJ and FBI. Now getting a vendor to ship will be the tough part.
                  There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
                  The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
                  The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
                  The others, well......they just never learn.

                  "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
                  Patrick Henry.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    DaveFJ80
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 2066

                    3 local walmart stores nearby me (in LA county) are stocked up with lots of 9mm ammo (Federal, WWB, and Remy UMC megapacks), and also lots of .45 ammo right now (Federal, WWB, and Remy UMC megapacks). I keep telling myself to buy more, but I already have a few thousand rounds saved up right now.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      wreck
                      Junior Member
                      CGN Contributor
                      • May 2010
                      • 29

                      Originally posted by doran4x
                      I order from cheaper than dirt and use my town's name. I am in Los Angeles city, but I am in Palms or Echo Park or such. No shipping issues.
                      Yea im not sure what happened. Kept saying i couldnt ship to po boxes but i wasnt trying to ship it to one. Tried putting in my adress again a couple times and just gave up after it wouldnt work.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        adrenaline
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 1437



                        Lots of ammo!!!!!!!!


                        "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry.

                        Our Founders Views Regarding the 2nd Amendment - Right to Keep and Bear Arms

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          ramzar
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 1354

                          Originally posted by wreck
                          I dont think this is true. I live in LA and ive been ordering ammo from cabellas for a while now and never had a problem. Only website that wouldnt ship to me for some reason was cheaper than dirt.
                          Internet and mail order ammo sellers are not supposed to ship to addresses in the city of Los Angeles. County okay. I can dig up the city ordinance.
                          Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills.
                          - Historian Josephus (AD 37-101) on the Roman military

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            stormy_clothing
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 2809

                            To the people who think they are going to drive back over the state border on feb 1 from az with 10000 rounds the man has other ideas. And so do a number of store owners I spoke too on the other side of the border err iron wall. Either buy before the end of jan preferably after xmas or way before or wait until april / may. Some officers will have it in there mind that large quantities equal intent to distribute and will act as such.
                            Last edited by stormy_clothing; 08-12-2010, 10:52 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              bucktooth7
                              Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 311

                              What about reloading components after Feb of 2011 will they ship to Ca?
                              We will do as we will do because I am me and you are you.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Librarian
                                Admin and Poltergeist
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 44690

                                Originally posted by bucktooth7
                                What about reloading components after Feb of 2011 will they ship to Ca?
                                Presuming first that the law is not squashed ...

                                1) reloading components are NOT included as 'handgun ammunition'

                                2) the language of the law lends itself to misinterpretation.

                                See the long explanation here.
                                ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

                                Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1