Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bersa 380

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    DerGlock
    Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 266

    Originally posted by MAK422
    I have a Bersa thunder 380 and a Kahr P380 and so far my Bersa has had no problems at all and my Kahr is about to go to the shop if she doesnt start behaving. I love my Bersa and if she was as small as the Kahr I would carry that everyday. I think my Kahr just needs to be broke in more and I did buy my Bersa used so it was already good to go and it's an older one without the key lock by the trigger. As far as accuracy the Bersa shoots great, I love that gun and can shoot it all day but just a little to big for my standards to carry. You will not be disappointed with your Bersa. Great buy for the money, so far my $245 Bersa out performs my $730 Kahr.

    You probably need more rounds through the Kahr. I've put 400+ through my p380 now and have no more issues. If you add the break in ammo cost to the price of the Kahr it is by no means a cheap gun but IMHO it is worth it.

    Comment

    • #62
      XD9JEN
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2010
      • 4846

      Picked up the Bersa last night, love the way it feels! Watched some videos on it, now look forward to shooting it

      Oh, and now looking for next gun. Thinking S & W .22 Revolver Model 317 or the S & W .357 Revolver Model 60. Any thoughts on these two?
      Mossberg 500
      Ruger 10/22
      Springfield XD9
      Bersa .380

      Comment

      • #63
        Omil
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 2130

        Originally posted by XD9JEN
        Picked up the Bersa last night, love the way it feels! Watched some videos on it, now look forward to shooting it

        Oh, and now looking for next gun. Thinking S & W .22 Revolver Model 317 or the S & W .357 Revolver Model 60. Any thoughts on these two?
        Congrats, enjoy in good health. Let us know how you like it after range report.
        Btw, I'm also p/u my PPT's today.
        sigpic
        All Gave Some, Some Gave All...

        Comment

        • #64
          RedFord150
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2009
          • 5665

          Originally posted by XD9JEN
          Picked up the Bersa last night, love the way it feels! Watched some videos on it, now look forward to shooting it

          Oh, and now looking for next gun. Thinking S & W .22 Revolver Model 317 or the S & W .357 Revolver Model 60. Any thoughts on these two?
          Now you're acting like a real gun nut; haven't even fired the Bersa yet and you're thinking about your next purchase ;-).
          Anything by Smith is generaly very high quality. The difference between a .22 and a .357 is a pretty big 'Delta'.
          As always, go slow in making purchases. Try it before you buy it, if you can. Nothing worse than regretting the purchase after you get it.
          Let us know what you think of the Bersa, once you get to shoot it.
          God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

          Comment

          • #65
            XD9JEN
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 4846

            hahahahaha...I know, can't help it though! I will for sure report back after firing the Bersa, won't be til weekend after next.
            Mossberg 500
            Ruger 10/22
            Springfield XD9
            Bersa .380

            Comment

            • #66
              Vanilla Gorilla
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Aug 2010
              • 11015

              i would get the Kahr just my $0.02
              That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. Dosen't show up on your airport X-ray machines, here, and it cost more than you make in a month.
              -John McClane

              Comment

              • #67
                XD9JEN
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 4846

                Originally posted by Vanilla gorilla
                i would get the Kahr just my $0.02
                A bit late for this advice...lol And I really like the Bersa...fits well in my night stand
                Mossberg 500
                Ruger 10/22
                Springfield XD9
                Bersa .380

                Comment

                • #68
                  586L-Frame
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 940

                  Hi XD9JEN,
                  +1 on your Bersa Thunder .380acp purchase.

                  I have the Bersa/Firestorm .380acp version.
                  I was impressed with its accuracy and how comfortable it felt
                  in my hands at 7yds. Lots of fun to shoot!

                  586L-Frame

                  DLC’s Bersa Firestorm .380acp.
                  [IMG][/IMG]

                  [IMG][/IMG]

                  [IMG][/IMG]

                  DLC’s Bersa Firestorm .380acp. with Bianchi Holster.
                  [IMG][/IMG]

                  x
                  Last edited by 586L-Frame; 01-08-2011, 2:17 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    XD9JEN
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 4846

                    Just beautiful I love the way it feels in my hands also and so fun to shoot
                    Mossberg 500
                    Ruger 10/22
                    Springfield XD9
                    Bersa .380

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      sniper4usmc
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2010
                      • 1984

                      Buy guns online at Impact Guns, a trusted online gun store since 1992 — handguns, rifles, shotguns, and ammo from top brands. Competitive prices, ships to your FFL.


                      I like Gold Tone Bersa(on the CA roster)
                      USMC 95-99

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        XD9JEN
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 4846

                        I do like that...costs a bit more than mine did
                        Mossberg 500
                        Ruger 10/22
                        Springfield XD9
                        Bersa .380

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          maddoggie13
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 2076

                          The wifey love her Bersa....bettern than the Kahr, which cost 2x...

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            mindwip
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 1576

                            Bersa 380 was my first pistol! Bought it for work to carry around. Got a small cheap 10 holser and pocket carried it. Wish it was a bit lighter, but other then that it rules, never have jams, trigger is great on single action.



                            Enjoy!
                            NRA Member and Pistol Instructor, CGN/CGF supporter and CRPA Member. Time to put your money where your mouth is.

                            Current goal; become a Appleseed Rifleman.

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              Old4eyes
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 1757

                              If you have the Gold Tone Bersa (or the Pimp Pistol as one of the workers at the gun shop called it) - Beware Gun Scrubber. I got gun scrubber (original formula) on it and it took the sheen off of the any of the gold accent areas it touched. My trigger and takedown lever are now much brighter looking than the slide lock release, decocker and hammer. I don't know if the version of Gun Scrubber that is "safe" for plastic guns would have not caused the problem.

                              I got the Gold Tone because it was cheaper than the "normal" ones the shop had on stock, they had gotten a special deal and were passing the savings.

                              From the pictures that XD9JEN posted, I see the differences between a Bersa Firestorm and the Bersa Thunder (which is what I have).

                              1. The grips on a Firestorm have the finger grooves.
                              2. The rear sight on the Firestorm is fixed, the Thunder's has a windage adjustment.
                              3. The rear sight on the Firestorm has the U shape outline, the Thunder is a 3 dot sight.

                              Or at least that's the difference between the pictures posted and MY Bersa.
                              I knew about the grips, and replaced mine. I ordered the finger grips from: http://www.condorsflight.com/
                              I also ordered magazines from the same source.
                              Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - On second thought, hold the Lawyers.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                RedFord150
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Oct 2009
                                • 5665

                                Originally posted by sniper4usmc
                                ...I like Gold Tone Bersa(on the CA roster)
                                I bought the Gold Tone because it was the model that was on sale. The gold plating wears off fairly quickly. The only product I ever used on the exterior of the gun was Breakfree CLP. I used Shooters Choice inside the bore only.
                                Other than the finish, this is a great gun. Going on 3 years for me and no complaints. I have known guys who have owned and sold the Walther PPK/s. They had nothing but trouble with the Walther. Even If Bersa cost more than Walther, I would choose Bersa.
                                Just my .02.
                                God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1