I'm trying to put together a list of the SIGs I need to own and frankly I'm surprised that there are so many sub-models. 229, 229 enhanced, 229 enhanced elite, etc. not limited to the 229. Is there really so much difference between them that one would need to get them all, or at least more than one model? So for the 229 if I had the enhanced elite would there be any actual value getting one of the other variants? Or for the 226 if you get the MK25 for example. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the SRT from SIG, but it really doesn't make a better shooter IMO. I saw at my LGS a 226 basic and a 226 MK25 and the difference in price was about $200 or so. So is it really worth it to pay a couple hundred more for all the fixings?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Talk about SIGs
Collapse
X
-
Talk about SIGs
It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.Tags: None -
I have the 226 in std and mk25. I don't think mk25 is worth it aside from resell desirability perspective.
It has some anti corrosion aspects which i don't think means anything to me as i don't even shoot in rain, let alone salt water.
The legion and extreme versions do have short reset triggers I believe. Nothing that you can't modify the standard for under $40 though. -
I am a “purist” when it comes to Sigs. I like stock, plain Jane classic Sigs without any “gimmicks” that have appeared over the last 10 years.
A classic plain Jane Sig is not that much different than any of the gimmicky ones. If you must, add the SRT yourself for $50. It’s not hard and it’s a good opportunity to learn how the mechanism operates. The only “gimmicky” classic Sig I have is a P220 Combat. Surprisingly the Combat doesn’t cost much more than a plain model now. The upgrade is worth it. I think I installed SRT in mine.
It’s all up to you, though. You can’t go wrong with any of the classic Sigs. You decide if the extra money is worth it.Comment
-
I own a German made P220, a P320 and a P365XL. Love all of them. I also had a P290RS and carried it for a couple of years. I sold the 290 when I got the 365.
I want a few other Classic P-Series gun too. I'd like to get a P226, P229 and if I can get one at a reasonable price I'd like to add a P225/P6.Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.
Originally posted by Erion929Comment
-
I'll add that, while I consider myself a fairly proficient shooter, I'm never going to be a competition level guy, and I'm happy being able to put the rounds where I want them consistently, even if my groups aren't always as tight as I'd like them to be. So maybe the questions isn't necessarily about the "worth" as it is the "value" with respect to "will it add anything towards making me a better shooter" since worth is subjective.It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.Comment
-
Understood. Even then, you will have to be the ultimate deciding factor of what value or "worth" it is to you. Some people like the extras that come with more expensive Sigs. Some like the Scorpion. Some like the Legion. Some like the Equinox. And they are willing to pay for them.I'll add that, while I consider myself a fairly proficient shooter, I'm never going to be a competition level guy, and I'm happy being able to put the rounds where I want them consistently, even if my groups aren't always as tight as I'd like them to be. So maybe the questions isn't necessarily about the "worth" as it is the "value" with respect to "will it add anything towards making me a better shooter" since worth is subjective.
Supposedly Legion makes a difference. The internals are polished and very smooth. The plain models can sometimes have "gritty" trigger. Most of the other models are just different in cosmetics.
I don't know much about the Mk. 25. I know it has coated internals. Not sure if they are polished.
Personally, I like the plain models. I'd rather spend the extra money on the mods that I want. I have SRT in about half of my classic Sigs. I have E2 grips on a couple of my P226s. I have aluminum grips on a few P220/6/8. These are the extent of my mods. I feel like they are worth the money because they affect my shooting. I have smallish hands for P226. E2 grip makes a big difference. Aluminum grips are also thinner (not as thin as E2) with better checkering than stock grips.Comment
-
I love sigs. Was introduced to them just a little over a year ago, and have bought several since then.
P320 AXG Classic
P320 AXG Pro
P320 AXG Scorpion
P320 AXG Equinox
P232
P226 Zev
P226 X-FIVE
P229 LegionComment
-
mk25 offers more than a regular p226 so you're paying for the upgrades (chrome lined barrel & internal coatings). so for different p229 sub models may probably one, two or more differences from each other and it's up to you what you prefer.
my preference are standard but got sucked into chasing all stainless. those were tough years for my wallet.
Comment
-
100% same for meComment
-
The mk25 has phosphate coated internals/chrome lined barrel for extra corrosion resistance (salt water). I love the P series sigs. To be fair it was the gun I started my LE career with AND retired with. I carried a 226, then a p229.. My off duty gun has been a sig m11 for close to the last decade or so when I didn’t want to take my 229/226 home. Just find one with the options you like, they are all good! The SRT trigger is fantastic and all my sigs, even older ones wear that upgrade. That IS worth a little extra IMO.Comment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,269
Posts: 25,146,152
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,498
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 33698 users online. 59 members and 33639 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment