Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Talk about SIGs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    BradleyAbrams
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 3397

    I really like my SP2022.

    It has replaced my Gen2 / G19 as my favorite Polymer Framed autoloader.


    .
    The "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" was not created by the 2nd Amendment; it was merely an acknowledgement of an existing, un-Alienable Right

    UN-ALIENABLE - Defined by Webster as: incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred .


    Joseph Johnston - 4/14

    -

    Comment

    • #17
      Reno-Kid
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2021
      • 2820

      I like my kicks with the P239 in 9mm and 40. Both are still on the roster.
      You might want to consider as option. P239 in 40 is freaking great.

      20220807_195435.jpg

      Comment

      • #18
        DArBad
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 3002

        I've never owned any Sig, as I am a 1911 fan boy for many years now. Lately however, I am getting interested in a Sig P220 and I would like to get one.

        I noticed though, when wading among the Sig fans forum, there are those that seems to look down on the US made Sigs and take pride in owning German made ones.

        Is there a big difference in quality between the two?

        Comment

        • #19
          Mojave8899
          Banned
          • Oct 2022
          • 96

          Originally posted by DArBad
          I've never owned any Sig, as I am a 1911 fan boy for many years now. Lately however, I am getting interested in a Sig P220 and I would like to get one.

          I noticed though, when wading among the Sig fans forum, there are those that seems to look down on the US made Sigs and take pride in owning German made ones.

          Is there a big difference in quality between the two?

          I am not a Sig master, but yeah, to me, I just prefer the homeland German Sigs over the USA models.

          Same with Beretta, give me an Italian made 92FS over a USA model any time.

          Comment

          • #20
            DArBad
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 3002

            Originally posted by Mojave8899
            I am not a Sig master, but yeah, to me, I just prefer the homeland German Sigs over the USA models.

            Same with Beretta, give me an Italian made 92FS over a USA model any time.
            I hear you.....preference. But, why the preference?

            I used to own two Beretta. One an M9 US made , and the other an Italian 92FS. Other than the fact that the Italian have a slanting dust cover where the American made have straight, and the Italian have hallow pins and the American have solid, quality wise they are the same.

            Comment

            • #21
              TheFlashG
              Member
              • Dec 2022
              • 329

              Get the SP2022 - it doesn't have a magazine disconnect.
              The P226, P229, etc. - all have a magazine disconnect.

              Yes - the disconnect can be removed, but if I use the pistol for personal defense, is there the chance that in court the removal of a 'safety feature' could play out negatively?
              Why take the chance?

              The SP2022 is a fantastic pistol - I have 2!
              (And yes, I do also have a P226 Extreme)
              Updated UserID - formerly TheFlash

              Comment

              • #22
                A-J
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2011
                • 2586

                Originally posted by DArBad
                I've never owned any Sig, as I am a 1911 fan boy for many years now. Lately however, I am getting interested in a Sig P220 and I would like to get one.

                I noticed though, when wading among the Sig fans forum, there are those that seems to look down on the US made Sigs and take pride in owning German made ones.

                Is there a big difference in quality between the two?
                My guess would be the presumption is that the quality control is tighter with the German SIGs. But I don't know for certain. I think the one or two I have are all US made.
                It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.

                Comment

                • #23
                  DArBad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 3002

                  Originally posted by A-J
                  My guess would be the presumption is that the quality control is tighter with the German SIGs.............
                  Ah I see. PRESUMPTION.

                  Thank you. I have to ask because, coming in from the 1911 world as I do, the overwhelming, vociferous majority there PRESUMES that American made 1911 is BETTER because of superlative manufacturing prowess, unparalleled better quality control, etc. etc. etc. etc.
                  Last edited by DArBad; 12-20-2022, 6:48 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    A-J
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 2586

                    So what I'm gathering here is that most of the upgrades wouldn't actually make a real difference with respect to my situation. Although smoother working internals probably might make a difference in accuracy, I doubt I'm that good a shooter where it'd give me a noticeable improvement in accuracy. Off I go to Wikipedia to make a list of the SIGs available in CA so I have the "roster" of players I need to fill out.


                    Originally posted by DArBad
                    Ah I see. PRESUMPTION.

                    Thank you. I have to ask because, coming in from the 1911 world as I do, the overwhelming, vociferous majority there PRESUMES that American made 1911 is BETTER because of superlative manufacturing prowess, unparalleled better quality control, etc. etc. etc. etc.
                    Yeah, I'm sure one of the "SIG guys" may come along and provide a better insight.

                    With respect to the 1911, that's a uniquely American gun I would think, and I don't know if any popular makers are not US based. Off the top of my head, the 3 makers I think of when I think 1911 are all US companies - Kimber, Springfield, Colt (in no particular order).
                    It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      beerman
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 5207

                      Originally posted by TheFlashG
                      Get the SP2022 - it doesn't have a magazine disconnect.
                      The P226, P229, etc. - all have a magazine disconnect.

                      Yes - the disconnect can be removed, but if I use the pistol for personal defense, is there the chance that in court the removal of a 'safety feature' could play out negatively?
                      Why take the chance?

                      The SP2022 is a fantastic pistol - I have 2!
                      (And yes, I do also have a P226 Extreme)
                      Bought my P226 new in 2000.. no mag disconnect on it. Also have a P220 from same era. Both say frame made in Germany but gun made in Exeter. They have run flawlessly.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        AdamVIP
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2012
                        • 603

                        Originally posted by A-J
                        I'm trying to put together a list of the SIGs I need to own and frankly I'm surprised that there are so many sub-models. 229, 229 enhanced, 229 enhanced elite, etc. not limited to the 229. Is there really so much difference between them that one would need to get them all, or at least more than one model? So for the 229 if I had the enhanced elite would there be any actual value getting one of the other variants? Or for the 226 if you get the MK25 for example. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the SRT from SIG, but it really doesn't make a better shooter IMO. I saw at my LGS a 226 basic and a 226 MK25 and the difference in price was about $200 or so. So is it really worth it to pay a couple hundred more for all the fixings?
                        Do the normal 226s still use a rounded rail? The MK25 uses a standard rail. If you want to use a light I would spring for the MK25

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Reno-Kid
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2021
                          • 2820

                          Originally posted by DArBad
                          I've never owned any Sig, as I am a 1911 fan boy for many years now. Lately however, I am getting interested in a Sig P220 and I would like to get one.

                          I noticed though, when wading among the Sig fans forum, there are those that seems to look down on the US made Sigs and take pride in owning German made ones.

                          Is there a big difference in quality between the two?
                          Have you tried the SIG 1911? Quality is excellent.
                          Last edited by Reno-Kid; 12-20-2022, 10:10 AM.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            DArBad
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 3002

                            Originally posted by Reno-Kid
                            Have you tried the SIG 1911? Quality is excellent.
                            https://www.sigsauer.com/firearms/pistols/1911.html
                            I will check them out. Thanks.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              OCEquestrian
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jun 2017
                              • 6905

                              Originally posted by morrcarr67
                              I own a German made P220, a P320 and a P365XL. Love all of them. I also had a P290RS and carried it for a couple of years. I sold the 290 when I got the 365.

                              I want a few other Classic P-Series gun too. I'd like to get a P226, P229 and if I can get one at a reasonable price I'd like to add a P225/P6.
                              How much are P6's going for now?
                              "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater

                              Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

                              NRA life member
                              SAF life member
                              CRPA member

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                sigstroker
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 19897

                                Originally posted by A-J
                                I'm trying to put together a list of the SIGs I need to own and frankly I'm surprised that there are so many sub-models. 229, 229 enhanced, 229 enhanced elite, etc. not limited to the 229. Is there really so much difference between them that one would need to get them all, or at least more than one model? So for the 229 if I had the enhanced elite would there be any actual value getting one of the other variants? Or for the 226 if you get the MK25 for example. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the SRT from SIG, but it really doesn't make a better shooter IMO. I saw at my LGS a 226 basic and a 226 MK25 and the difference in price was about $200 or so. So is it really worth it to pay a couple hundred more for all the fixings?
                                Not really. And now you have the answer to your first question about why there are so many variants.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1