Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Talk about SIGs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    GBN Tech
    Member
    • Dec 2022
    • 180

    I love Sigs. I started with a P228 (first handgun I purchased) and have since bought many more.

    In terms of the P226 and the MK25 (I own the latter), the MK25 has a maritime coating making it a bit more corrosion resistant as well as a true (flat) 1913 rail so it interfaces better with Pic accessories.

    In terms of the different variations of the other models, not too big of difference between them all.

    Comment

    • #32
      sigfan91
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2009
      • 12414

      Originally posted by BradleyAbrams
      I really like my SP2022.

      It has replaced my Gen2 / G19 as my favorite Polymer Framed autoloader.


      .
      THE most underrated Sig pistol of all time.

      Comment

      • #33
        Che762x39
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 4538

        Originally posted by A-J
        I'm trying to put together a list of the SIGs I need to own and frankly I'm surprised that there are so many sub-models. 229, 229 enhanced, 229 enhanced elite, etc. not limited to the 229. Is there really so much difference between them that one would need to get them all, or at least more than one model? So for the 229 if I had the enhanced elite would there be any actual value getting one of the other variants? Or for the 226 if you get the MK25 for example. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the SRT from SIG, but it really doesn't make a better shooter IMO. I saw at my LGS a 226 basic and a 226 MK25 and the difference in price was about $200 or so. So is it really worth it to pay a couple hundred more for all the fixings?
        For me the 226 MK25 and of course a 220 in 45 ACP

        Comment

        • #34
          highpower
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2012
          • 5333

          Just buy every classic metal framed Sig you come across paying particular attention to those made in Germany. But as a general rule you should have at least one of the following Sigs:

          P210
          P220
          P225
          P226
          P228 (or M11)
          P229 (or M11-A1)
          P239

          I have managed to find a few on the above list so far, but for me half the fun is the hunt.

          MLC member.

          Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

          Dumocraps suck balls.

          Comment

          • #35
            Mojave8899
            Banned
            • Oct 2022
            • 96

            Originally posted by A-J
            My guess would be the presumption is that the quality control is tighter with the German SIGs. But I don't know for certain. I think the one or two I have are all US made.
            They are. The German models have better QC.

            Comment

            • #36
              metalhead
              Member
              • Apr 2013
              • 444

              Originally posted by loganhunter1015
              I love sigs. Was introduced to them just a little over a year ago, and have bought several since then.
              P320 AXG Classic
              P320 AXG Pro
              P320 AXG Scorpion
              P320 AXG Equinox
              P232
              P226 Zev
              P226 X-FIVE
              P229 Legion

              This is a real Signess :-). I started the same Signess 10 years ago. I shoot them weekly so I am very proficient with my Sigs (both hammer-fired and striker-fired). I also own CZ and HK but 2/3 of my pistol collection are Sigs .

              You should join Sigtalk forum [emoji1]


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #37
                IVC
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jul 2010
                • 17640

                sig.jpg

                The only one I would add is P210, possibly P320 (if the bad rap goes away).

                The one at the bottom (to the left) is a P224 with DAK trigger. This is a very interesting trigger and I'm happy to own one, but it wouldn't be my choice for an actual carry gun. The rest are P220 Stainless Elite, P226 Stainless Elite, P226 X5 and P226 Extreme (.40).

                DAK trigger has two resets and three pull weights. You can shoot off of either reset (two pull weights) and you can dry fire without even touching the slide (third weight, just a tad more than shooting off of first reset).
                sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                Comment

                • #38
                  Reno-Kid
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2021
                  • 2820

                  [QUOTE=IVC;27519588

                  The rest are P220 Stainless Elite, P226 Stainless Elite, P226 X5 and P226 Extreme (.40).

                  [/QUOTE]

                  I gotta get me some Stainless like that!

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    loganhunter1015
                    Member
                    • Apr 2017
                    • 210

                    Just went shooting. Tried my p226 x5 for the first time. 😁
                    Attached Files

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      slayer61
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2014
                      • 1402

                      My P226-X5 is, hands down, my favorite, but my German plain Jane P229 with Hogue rubber grips gets the most range time of all of mine.
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                      Paul

                      Confirmed Domestic Terrorist & NRA Member


                      Bobby Sands

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        gsparesa
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 918

                        Originally posted by sigfan91
                        Stainless steel?

                        yup!

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          gose
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 3953

                          Im also a purist, but to me that means SIGs from the 1940s through 2005, manufactured in Switzerland. Not the 1976-2020 SIG Sauers made in Germany
                          With Oden on our side.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            freonr22
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 12948

                            P220st, was a relevation! A 2000s version of the 1911. Just a beautiful firearm
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by dantodd
                            We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
                            Originally posted by bwiese
                            They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
                            Originally posted by louisianagirl
                            Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              The SoCal Gunner
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2006
                              • 3319

                              Originally posted by DArBad
                              I've never owned any Sig, as I am a 1911 fan boy for many years now. Lately however, I am getting interested in a Sig P220 and I would like to get one.

                              Used to own a P220SS with the old comp rail. It was a nice gun and built like a tank but I have small hands. Ended up selling and mostly sticking to 1911s for .45acp as they are same capacity and grip width is smaller.

                              Spoiled from the SA of 1911s but I would def consider the SAO models of the 226 and 220.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                A-J
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2011
                                • 2586

                                The P228 was my 2nd ever gun. I bought it for cheap because it was an LE trade in, one of a group of 10 that were at my LGS many moons ago. My next SIG was the SP2022 and my first polymer gun. Right out of the box this thing was an awesome shooter! That's important for anyone looking at entry level priced SIGs, although they run about $700 now. When I got mine they were $479.

                                Since then I've been working on picking up what I can, but between the lack of availability for a long time, and the price it got me wondering whether I should get what I could or get "the best" variant, whatever that may be. Thanks to everyone's input in this thread, it's been helpful, and I'll end with a funny / weird story.

                                For a long time I've wanted a SIG 1911. For literally years. Sadly, they're never in stock at my LGS. So when I saw they had the 1911 SS Rail in stock I busted *** and got over there and bought one. Wait 10 days and pick it up and I'm happy. Two days later I'm showing it to my brother when I realize one of the mags won't lock in. After a couple of failed attempts, I put the 2 mags it came with side by side. Turns out that the one that won't lock in not only had different (no) markings on it, it was also about 1/2 inch shorter than the one that worked. It was definitely a 1911 mag, but it was most likely for a compact. Took it back to my LGS and had a chat with them. The Manager just gave me one of the two from the other one they had in stock, no fuss no hassle. Best we can figure is someone at the factory tossed the wrong one in the case. I've never thought to check the mags on a brand new gun, but I will from now on.

                                Thanks to @loganhunter1015 for "the list" you provided. It's almost identical to the one I made up. I'm excluding 380 models because I don't want to start another new (to me) caliber. Maybe when/IF ammo prices come back down I'll branch out.
                                It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1