Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I hate Glocks

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    SharedShots
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2021
    • 2277

    Originally posted by sigstroker
    It does have a big slide release lever, but I think those came on all the Gen 4's.



    If a pistol NEEDS a manual, then it's hardly "perfection". Maybe it's a joke, like Perfection NV in Tremors?

    I had to take it apart to put the threaded barrel in so I could shoot it with my silencer. You guys in kali are lucky that you don't have to worry about such things. Your legislature is really looking out for you.
    If a pistol needs a manual, then that speaks more to the user than the pistol.

    I am not a Glockster by any means, they are like many other things, there are the really good fine instruments and then there are the utility items, the tool box variety. To me, Glocks are the tool box kind, no matter how much you do to them, it's still just a Gock. Like the VW with the Porsche engine, it really isn't all that, just a something you have that is hammer reliable.

    I recommend anyone who owns a gun read the owners manual at least once and go through the disassembly/assembly once following the written procedure. Then you aren't sitting there relying on what some TactiComOps674937 on YouGotTubed is saying.

    Take HK roller locked guns. There is a right way, it works way and then there are those who just force things to work the wrong way and complain about how stupid a design they are. Once learned working on them becomes super easy.

    Glocks are the same way. Learn them and don't blame the gun or the manufacturer when they did everything to show you how to properly disassemble and reassemble the gun.

    Tired old saying but something about horses and water.

    If I want to have a great time shooting, marvel at accuracy and such the last gun I'll take is a Glock, I don't throw hundreds and thousands into a Craftsman tool trying to make it a Knipitz. If If I need to deal with a SD/HD event or want something at hand for that hopefully never happening event, then I grab a Glock.
    Let Go of the Status Quo!

    Don't worry, it will never pass...How in the hell did that pass?

    Think past your gun, it's the last resort, the first is your brain.

    Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent. In the history of humanity, no defense has ever won against an enemy with time on their side.

    Comment

    • #47
      GlockN'Roll
      Veteran Member
      • May 2015
      • 3781

      Originally posted by SharedShots
      If a pistol needs a manual, then that speaks more to the user than the pistol.

      I am not a Glockster by any means, they are like many other things, there are the really good fine instruments and then there are the utility items, the tool box variety.
      To me, Glocks are the tool box kind, no matter how much you do to them, it's still just a Glock.
      Like the VW with the Porsche engine, it really isn't all that, just a something you have that is hammer reliable.

      I recommend anyone who owns a gun read the owners manual at least once and go through the disassembly/assembly once following the written procedure. Then you aren't sitting there relying on what some TactiComOps674937 on YouGotTubed is saying.

      Take HK roller locked guns. There is a right way, it works way and then there are those who just force things to work the wrong way and complain about how stupid a design they are. Once learned working on them becomes super easy.

      Glocks are the same way.
      Learn them and don't blame the gun or the manufacturer when they did everything to show you how to properly disassemble and reassemble the gun.

      Tired old saying but something about horses and water.

      If I want to have a great time shooting, marvel at accuracy and such the last gun I'll take is a Glock,
      I don't throw hundreds and thousands into a Craftsman tool trying to make it a Knipitz.

      If If I need to deal with a SD/HD event or want something at hand for that hopefully never happening event, then I grab a Glock.


      If you are confounded by a Glock, maybe guns aren't really the hobby for you...
      Real Californian...

      Comment

      • #48
        saudadeii
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Dec 2012
        • 3468

        What's that saying about Indian vs arrow?

        Just sayin'.....
        My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

        Comment

        • #49
          SilveradoColt21
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Sep 2021
          • 2440

          Glocks are the simplest guns to take apart and put back together, if you're not sure maybe watch a Youtube video or something?
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #50
            Milsurp1
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2016
            • 3091

            Sig does make a 13 round .45. P227 with one in the chamber.

            Comment

            • #51
              damon1272
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2006
              • 4857

              Originally posted by Milsurp1
              Sig does make a 13 round .45. P227 with one in the chamber.
              And it was such a POS they quit making them.

              Comment

              • #52
                SILENT GUNMAN
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 1468

                Maybe you should look into getting an FNX-45 Tactical. It's operation is more similar to your SIG, comes from the factory with a threaded barrel, and it holds 15+1 of .45ACP. The FDE version is on my short list.
                "Suck on my machine gun" (Ted Nugent)

                Originally posted by Fishslayer
                "9mm is for killing Europeans. For truly dangerous people you need a .45."
                Originally posted by fighterpilot562
                I showed up naked to ur house with cake. But you weren't home. YOur wife maced me. And I was arrested

                Comment

                • #53
                  mossy
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 7432

                  I bet you took the shot bus to school ......
                  best troll thread in calguns history
                  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



                  burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    sigstroker
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 19872

                    Originally posted by Old4eyes
                    After you get the Glock back together, you can give a Ruger Mark I / II / III a try. Makes that Glock look like child's play.
                    BTDT, but I have a FM for it because I bought it new.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      Old4eyes
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2010
                      • 1757

                      I read the manual for the Ruger Mk xxx and it seemed like it was written in a different language. I then saw videos of field stripping on youtube, went back to the manuals and it was though I had been given special glasses and could now read them properly. Sometimes it just has to be described/shown in a different set of words.

                      Or

                      Get a bigger hammer.
                      Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - On second thought, hold the Lawyers.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        toiletfighter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 3870

                        Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          logix1229
                          Member
                          • May 2020
                          • 174

                          LOLLLLLLL

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            logix1229
                            Member
                            • May 2020
                            • 174

                            Originally posted by sigstroker
                            I got the stupid thing apart okay, the POS won't go back together. The slide gets stuck about 3/4 of the way on.
                            I'll take that POS off your hands.

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              IVC
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 17640

                              Stuck slide - bigger hammer. It's like any other mechanical device.
                              sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                crufflers
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jul 2011
                                • 12723

                                I actually did not recall a Glock manual, but I checked a few boxes and they all have sealed envelopes under the foam... true story, none of them are opened. Definitely not the only way to go, but I never cracked one and I have a stack of those Glocks cases. I'm sure I just watched You Tubes way back when I got my Gen3 22C and then they are all the same.

                                I lied. I just found a Gen4 41 case and the envelope was torn open, manual inside... didn't look familiar though. I probably opened it because of installing the backstraps... that was new to me.
                                Last edited by crufflers; 02-07-2022, 5:32 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1