Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Springfield quality control...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    CWL
    Senior Member
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2009
    • 1488

    That tiny pit looks ike it had been sandblasted at the factory before final assembly & shipping.

    Even if it was noticed during final QC, nobody at SA is going to junk that slide.

    If you plan on carrying it or doing holster work, it won't be noticeable after a few month's of wear.
    Vae Victis

    Comment

    • #32
      caliberetta
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2014
      • 2751


      Haha good one.



      OP -- take a look at the pic above, just laugh off that little nic on your slide, and enjoy your new gun.

      Comment

      • #33
        jeffrice6
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2006
        • 5173

        OP, it looks like since joining this site you've used it for nothing but sales. To that end i believe your concen is not that of a collector or even a shooter, but that of a flipper gauging market interest...........
        WTB: S&W 617 4" 10 shot Pre-Lock

        Comment

        • #34
          Novak77
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2013
          • 632

          It's a production 1911, I'd say no big deal. SA builds nice guns, if you want perfection buy a Pro, but keep in mind even the Pro's are tools. They're all meant to be shot and in doing so, will get some scratches and dings.

          Comment

          • #35
            EMP3
            Member
            • Aug 2018
            • 343

            I used to believe that Sig was the definitive name in handgun reliability until I bought my first Springfield Armory 1911A1. Now I own four, and I haven't carried a Sig since. But I do love Sigs.

            OP's gun looks like an EMP 3. It would be a guess to determine cause of the imperfection (for lack of better noun) and where it occurred. It is presumptuous to blame SA.

            Comment

            • #36
              EMP3
              Member
              • Aug 2018
              • 343

              Originally posted by Win231
              Maybe someone dropped the slide during manufacture.

              $1,000.00 USED to buy a lot of quality, but that was decades ago.
              A thousand dollars in today's value is less than 500 bucks in 1989.

              Inflation is an insidious, hidden tax.

              God help us if the US dollar is replaced as the world's reserve currency. We'd probably envy Venezuelans.

              Easily calculate how the buying power of the U.S. dollar has changed from 1913 to 2026. Get inflation rates and U.S. inflation news.

              Comment

              • #37
                -hanko
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jul 2002
                • 14174

                Far better off to wait a bit for a PolyTech to come up on sale...definitely better than "America's Oldest Name in Firearms", to put it mildly.
                True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                Comment

                • #38
                  Litespeeds
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2015
                  • 3260

                  You should have bought a Glock and saved yourself $500-$600.

                  Or bought a used Springfield at a discounted price so you wouldn't feel as bad finding a small imperfection.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    CWL
                    Senior Member
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 1488

                    Originally posted by Litespeeds
                    You should have bought a Glock and saved yourself $500-$600.
                    Nah, because then we'd be reading a "HELP! I have a scratch on my Glock!" post.
                    Vae Victis

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      NOTABIKER
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 7635

                      My RIA 1911 in 45 acp was and still is perfect five years later. I bet the Philippineo that built my RIA appreciates his job more than the ungrateful Springfield worker that built the 1911 you have.
                      Last edited by NOTABIKER; 07-30-2019, 5:14 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        omega
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 3114

                        early M1A's were much better quality than current production

                        I got mine back in 1987 when they still made them with USGI parts, the quality is much nicer than the ones they sell today.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          cindynles
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 2806

                          My Springfields seem to work pretty well. At least good enough to bring home some bling vs some full custom 1911's costing 4 times as much (2nd place was shooting an Atlas Gunworks Titan). Maybe I just got lucky with all 4 of my Springfield 1911s....



                          Last edited by cindynles; 07-30-2019, 9:47 PM.
                          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Packy14
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 5312

                            I've owned two Springfield's... XD and M1a scout... both utter crap.
                            NRA Lifetime Member

                            1A-2A = -1A

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Packy14
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 5312

                              Originally posted by CWL
                              Nah, because then we'd be reading a "HELP! I have a scratch on my Glock!" post.
                              No it would be "help, my Glock shoots low left!"
                              NRA Lifetime Member

                              1A-2A = -1A

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                highpower
                                Calguns Addict
                                • May 2012
                                • 5322

                                Pretty darn small imperfection to get upset about. Although I will say that I haven't seen any dings on the new base Colt Government Models that I bought.

                                Personally, I would just shoot it and quit obsessing over such a small issue because in the long run it just doesn't matter.
                                MLC member.

                                Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

                                Dumocraps suck balls.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1