So, here's my admission: I have small-size Trump hands. As a result, big 'ol double-stack handguns are just too big for me to hold comfortably. So far, I have a Bersa Firestorm and a Ruger LCR in .357 (the issue isn't hand strength, but hand size), and both fit me perfectly. But if I wanted a single-stack 9mm, what would be my on-roster options? I know the Glock 43 is out of the running. What about the Ruger LC9? Some Google-fu just confuses me - like it was on, then off, then on again - so what's the story on that? There seems to be a CA-compliant version of the M&P Shield; is that a decent option? What others are out there that are any good? Thanks, everyone.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Single-Stack 9mm Recommendations?
Collapse
X
-
Single-Stack 9mm Recommendations?
Tags: None -
The M&P Shield is a great firearm for me. I too have small hands since I am 5'4". Feels great in hand, and is a natural pointer for me. -
1911 in 9mm.
Comment
-
Ruger LC9 is Off Roster.
Ruger LC380 is ON Roster, and you can add Ruger LC 9mm Conversion kit, but total price is bit high.
My CZ 75 SP-01 is incredibly smaller grip than P226/Glock, please try some CZ.
Sig P239 is ON Roster. high quality 9mm single stack. SIG 239-9-BSS-CAComment
-
"Bye Felicia!" - Said by me, as I looked at Kalfornia in my rearview for the last time, 9/22/17.
NRA member
My experience is from the '80's and '90's, when mullets ruled the world!
If azzholes could fly, this place would be an airport!
I support gun control.....if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it!
You go ahead and give peace a chance. I'll cover you if it doesn't work out!Comment
-
-
"Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA memberComment
-
On roster I highly suggest the Shield 9mm.
You mentioned the LC9. Off roster but you can find them for reasonable prices. I like the way it carried and is about the size of the shield. If you can get used to the long double action trigger (like a revolver) it is good. Mine gave me no issues.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,779
Posts: 25,151,582
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 22779 users online. 137 members and 22642 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment