Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Single-Stack 9mm Recommendations?
Collapse
X
-
Been wanting the same. But I’m probably going to end up picking up a Springfield emp 1911sigpic
.300WM-.308-7.62X39-12GA-.45ACP-5.7X28-.357MAG-9MMComment
-
First, Thank you for serving. I noticed your avatar. I hope it is a good Veteran's Day for you.
I know what you mean but for it's intended specialty it excels.
If someone is more comfortable with a gun then they may use it better than the other. Large hands won't as easily adapt to a small grip, for example, so I don't disagree; But with both sides of human factor being equal, I believe the PM9 is better.Comment
-
Yep! Plus one on the 3rd generation S&W 3913, 3914 or ladysmith. Great handguns.Haven't seen this suggested so I'll toss it out:
S&W 3913 or 3914. These are 3rd generation Smiths, all-metal, with frame-mounted safety/decocker levers, so just like a Beretta 92 or OPs' Firestorm. Single-stack, good solid firearms. They haven't been made for a while but were on-roster for a long while after being made - not sure about now. And I've heard that they're values are going up. There are a number of variants of these, as well, with some other numbers.Originally posted by FjoldI've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
-Milton Friedman
sigpicComment
-
Kimber Micro9 weights 9 Oz. less than Glock 43 and carries great. There is a $250 PF9 by key-tec which is the lightest of single stack small 9mm at around 12 Oz. LC9 is great and about same size as G43. S&W Shiled is great too.Comment
-
SIG P220 is on sale at Turners right now in single stack, I was checking it out yesterday.
Maybe it was P226...Last edited by baranski; 11-12-2017, 8:21 AM.Originally posted by ACfixerthere's plenty of sissies and snitches roaming the hallways here.Comment
-
I like my Shield.Army Veteran 2/31st F.A., 101st Airborne
NRA Patron Life Member/CGN Contributor
CRPA MemberComment
-
I have small hands myself, just about any 1911 & the M&P Shield for a single stack are great. My 2 favorites are both double stack. Sig P226 & Springfield XD-9, they both feel great in my hands although I did add an extended mag release on XD. My wife just bought a (pink) FMK double stack with 2 back straps, it feels great but it's still in jail and I haven't shot one before."Ideas are more dangerous than guns. I don't allow my people to have guns, so why would I allow them to have ideas?" - Joseph Stalin

Comment
-
If you can find one of these, they are great pistols.
S&W 639 or Sig P225sigpic"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me."
-Al Capone-Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,611
Posts: 25,149,687
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28193 users online. 126 members and 28067 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.



Comment