Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

First Glock - 19 or 17?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    ronlglock
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • May 2011
    • 2670

    I bought my 19 first then bought a 17 several years later. The 17 is a safe queen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

    NRA/USCCA/DOJ instructor, NRA CRSO, Journalist

    Comment

    • #77
      Che762x39
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2011
      • 4538

      Originally posted by Reaps08
      Put an OD green G19 in 10 day jail today. Felt right! Thanks everyone for all the input.
      Great timing to get the G19 OD green. You will like it.

      Comment

      • #78
        xblax619
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Jan 2011
        • 871

        Originally posted by Big Gorilla
        Whichever fits in your hand the best. That's the one for you
        ^^^this. had a g19 that just didnt fit my not-overly-large hands well. fingers always felt cramped and i would always have to adjust my fingers to seat them properly into the grooves. sold that and got the g17. never been happier
        sigpic
        Life member: NRA, CRPA, SAF

        Comment

        • #79
          mrvaudo
          Member
          • Nov 2013
          • 407

          Originally posted by GW
          I'm a big fan of the G-19
          Its very handy, it shoots well and it can use G-17 mags while a G-17 cannot use G-19 mags.

          Good luck with whichever model you choose and join the GSSF once you get that Glock.
          Have fun!
          If you go 34 that puts you in competition division for gssf right? I'm in the same boat and was thinking 17 for gssf (no concealed carry for me)

          Comment

          • #80
            Ranger20
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 1610

            G 17. For me.
            Join Date: Oct 2008
            Location: Sacramento Area
            Posts: 1,600
            iTrader: 89 / 100%
            Feedback Score: 89 reviews, 100%

            Comment

            • #81
              Red9
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2014
              • 2900

              Oddball me. G35 in .40. Get a conversion barrel. Its like a laser lol. Not the best shot but that g35 can hit cans at 50 yards. Good enough for me. With my Wilson combat 9 mm conversion barrel it runs fine. Same mag same ejector no issues switching back and forth.

              Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
              Never enough reloading stuff

              Comment

              • #82
                nitroxdiver
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2009
                • 6979

                If your never going to CC it, I'd get the 17 or 34. I have all 4, the 26,19,17, and 34. I shoot the 17 in uspsa over the 34. Sounds dumb, but I shoot it better. No idea why as it's the same frame and both have the same internal mods done. Sometimes it just is what it is. I carry the 19 some, but mostly a 43. I'd suggest trying to rent them both and try them out.


                Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • #83
                  Outback
                  Junior Member
                  • Apr 2017
                  • 34

                  G19 for me as well due to having small hands and G19 can do both functions like ccw and open carry.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    randomBytes
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2012
                    • 1607

                    OP if you think competition might be in your future get the g17, the extra few mm on the grip reduces the chance of pinching yourself during a reload.
                    If you want to buy just one glock, the g19 is hard to beat.

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      kmas
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2014
                      • 1315

                      1st and last

                      Just get the Glock 17 and you're good to go

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        billped
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 2504

                        I shot the 17 and didn't like it. Shot the 19 and loved it.

                        That's not to say the 19 is better, it's just better for me. Thus I suggest you ignore all of us and go shoot them. One will speak to you better than the other.
                        Bill

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1