Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 or glock

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    CandG
    Spent $299 for this text!
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Apr 2014
    • 16970

    Originally posted by tanks
    I'll submit that the $3,000 - $6,000 2011s that are being used in competition do put much more massive quantities of lead downrange than most Glocks in circulation.
    Roughly double
    Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


    Comment

    • #92
      Robert1234
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 3080

      Originally posted by tanks
      I'll submit that the $3,000 - $6,000 2011s that are being used in competition do put much more massive quantities of lead downrange than most Glocks in circulation.
      In Limited and Open class may e. But in Production and now Carry Optics, there ain't more than a few (very few) Para PDA guns in use. Plastic and CZs rule those classifications.

      Comment

      • #93
        tanks
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2014
        • 4038

        Originally posted by Robert1234
        In Limited and Open class may e. But in Production and now Carry Optics, there ain't more than a few (very few) Para PDA guns in use. Plastic and CZs rule those classifications.
        1911 and 2011s are illegal in Production and Carry Optics so the point you are trying to make is moot. Also, my point was that people do use their expensive guns.
        "... when a man has shot an elephant his life is full"- John Alfred Jordan
        "A set of ivory tusks speaks of a life well lived." - Unknown

        Comment

        • #94
          Robert1234
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2006
          • 3080

          Point not moot.

          Original statement: "I'll submit that the $3,000 - $6,000 2011s that are being used in competition do put much more massive quantities of lead downrange than most Glocks in circulation."

          My qualifer was that the statement is only true in the Limited and Open divisions. Where the Gucci guns rule. That being said, Glock has been in hands of the winner of the Limited Nationals on more than one occasion in the last ten years. And as rare as they are in Limited and Open, that kind of proves that it's the shooter, not the arrow.

          I'm not arguing the fact that there are tons of $3K-$6K guns at any USPSA match. Not even arguing that they're not better (nicer) guns than Glocks. But as Robert Vogel and Dave Sevigny proved, you don't need one to win.

          And I'm not some Glock lover, I own 2011s of the STI and Caspian High Cap variety, and like them fine. I also own Glocks, and like them fine. Is one better than the other? Totally subjective. And really, who cares? Celebrate the diversity.

          That said, I do like that Wilson Combat with the worn out rattle-can coating. That gun gets used, and I like guns that get used.

          Comment

          • #95
            wurger
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2011
            • 1433

            Originally posted by tbc
            Sigh....why does it have to be either/or. Why not both.

            Because, unfortunately, people seem to trend towards stupid and think that an "opinion" is even remotely related to a "fact".

            Comment

            • #96
              crufflers
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2011
              • 12723

              Yep. Variety. Even ZT and Spyderco.

              Comment

              • #97
                AreWeFree
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 4558

                Originally posted by crufflers
                Yep. Variety. Even ZT and Spyderco.
                Knife man, please post a gargantuan pile of awesome knives.

                Comment

                • #98
                  crufflers
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 12723

                  Originally posted by AreWeFree
                  Knife man, please post a gargantuan pile of awesome knives.
                  A pile doesn't look very attractive and I have way too many to fit in a pic. Too busy ordering pizza and drinking Sierra Nevada Pale right now... well maybe I could snap a actual pile for laughs, kind of off topic.

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    AreWeFree
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 4558

                    Originally posted by crufflers
                    A pile doesn't look very attractive and I have way too many to fit in a pic. Too busy ordering pizza and drinking Sierra Nevada Pale right now... well maybe I could snap a actual pile for laughs, kind of off topic.
                    a pile is absolutely necessary, post your awesome. after pizza and beer of course.

                    Comment

                    • crufflers
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 12723

                      Comment

                      • AreWeFree
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 4558

                        Originally posted by crufflers
                        Lacks shiny...

                        Comment

                        • crufflers
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 12723

                          sorry man, that was the pile closest to the computer.

                          Comment

                          • AreWeFree
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 4558

                            Originally posted by crufflers
                            sorry man, that was the pile closest to the computer.
                            Your hundreds of amazing steels, we're all disappoint.

                            Comment

                            • crufflers
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 12723

                              I think it is just you. But here's a bottle opener and kitchen gun.

                              Comment

                              • tanks
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2014
                                • 4038

                                Originally posted by AreWeFree
                                Lacks shiny...
                                You want shiny, here you go

                                "... when a man has shot an elephant his life is full"- John Alfred Jordan
                                "A set of ivory tusks speaks of a life well lived." - Unknown

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1