Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

HK VP9

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ddindetroit
    PURVEYOR OF HIGH END ITEM
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jul 2008
    • 1168

    Typical performance from MY HK VP9

    Originally posted by crufflers
    For the doubters, just get a shot of the new target making its way all the way downrange - assuming an indoor 25 yard range. Then the shots and the retrieval. We'd get to see technique and speed, etc... it'd be interesting and informative. I don't see a reason for DD not to post one. Please do.


    Decades ago, my mentors used to tell me: "Young man, don't tell he how you got the ship into port, just tell me that you did!"

    Well unfortunately, you are going to hear a little about how I got this ship into port and squared away. LOL!

    Let me preface this. I would normally not answer this 'charge' but for fellow Calgunners entertainment purposes - I mean some guys already have popcorn ready!

    It's been a long work day. I ran home and grabbed the HK pistols and ran to the Range Pistol Club and got a spot.

    I pushed the target all the way back and then; I loaded one magazine; asked the guy shooting next to me if he would be so kind as to video me ... he was very kind.

    Next, I have to get some help figuring out how to upload the video. Thank goodness for younger tech savvy people! My first video upload!

    A few notables:

    1) I upgraded the VP9 with an RMR milling.
    2) I ran out of small pistol primers and had to use rifle primers - hence the light primer strike.
    3) I injured my left hand in the field and had difficulty with support/reaction hand - gripping onto the pistol.
    4) I did the best I could that day. It was average performance for me.
    5) Enjoy this one minute video.






    DD
    Last edited by ddindetroit; 03-16-2017, 11:36 PM.
    CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY OF WONDERFUL AND RARE HIGH END PISTOLS THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!
    CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY OF WONDERFUL AND RARE HIGH END LONG GUNS THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!
    CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY AMMUNITION THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!
    CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY OF DESIREABLE SHOOTING ACCESSORIES THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!

    sigpic

    Comment

    • ddindetroit
      PURVEYOR OF HIGH END ITEM
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jul 2008
      • 1168

      The Venerable HK USP Expert 45: Brings you to honesty and tests precision shooting

      Just to make sure my above-mentioned shooting was not an anomaly.
      I made a change - to a different HK pistol. An HK USP 45 Expert with a Docter RMR. This pistol will 'vet' you out - and truly show if you have a steady hand (and eye coordination).

      This is a great pistol ... here is why:








      DD

      Thank you for following this and I hope you enjoy my first videos!
      Last edited by ddindetroit; 03-16-2017, 10:44 PM.
      CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY OF WONDERFUL AND RARE HIGH END PISTOLS THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!
      CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY OF WONDERFUL AND RARE HIGH END LONG GUNS THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!
      CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY AMMUNITION THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!
      CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY OF DESIREABLE SHOOTING ACCESSORIES THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!

      sigpic

      Comment

      • Tere_Hanges
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2013
        • 6270

        Is that a plate of crow?
        CRPA and NRA member.

        Note that those who have repeatedly expressed enough vile and incoherent content as to render your views irrelevant, have been placed on my ignore list. Thank you for helping me improve my experience and direct my attention towards those who are worthy of it. God bless your toxic little souls.

        Comment

        • HK416
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 1466

          Originally posted by ddindetroit
          Decades ago, my mentors used to tell me: "Young man, don't tell he how you got the ship into port, just tell me that you did!"

          Well unfortunately, you are going to hear a little about how I got this ship into port and squared away. LOL!

          Let me preface this. I would normally not answer this 'charge' but for fellow Calgunners entertainment purposes - I mean some guys already have popcorn ready!

          It's been a long work day. I ran home and grabbed the HK pistols and ran to the Range Pistol Club and got a spot.

          I pushed the target all the way back and then; I loaded one magazine; asked the guy shooting next to me if he would be so kind as to video me ... he was very kind.

          Next, I have to get some help figuring out how to upload the video. Thank goodness for younger tech savvy people! My first video upload!

          A few notables:

          1) I upgraded the VP9 with an RMR milling.
          2) I ran out of small pistol primers and had to use rifle primers - hence the light primer strike.
          3) I injured my left hand in the field and had difficulty with support/reaction hand - gripping onto the pistol.
          4) I did the best I could that day. It was average performance for me.
          5) Enjoy this one minute video.






          DD


          WOW! Good shooting DD!
          Last edited by HK416; 03-16-2017, 11:01 PM.

          Comment

          • Matt P
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2006
            • 3101

            Wait a minute. How is this comparable?
            Any one who shoots behinds mini holos knows the accuracy advantage with slow fire and that sight arrangement. Light on it increases weight and stability. At least 2 items you added to increase your ability to try and match your stated profiency with a much more stock looking handgun.
            Additionally if we average those shots and where they hit further demonstrate this performance is no substitute.
            50 rounds fired. 1 hole with approx 7-8 out. At the minimum he should have had at least 7-8 touching and 2-3 out.

            What do you think those videos actually show? Cmon dd, are you really offering today's shooting as "see, I can do that"

            I totally expect shenanigans from you. No surprise you would try and game this.

            Fail. This is no proof. I will allow an above average ability with slow fire at distance. So you can shoot slow fire well. But no way as good as you suggest in those images. No way.

            If you could, you would have an open sighted gun with you. Maybe you did but sucked a_ _ with it and you switched up to the holos.

            No crow here.... You eat it.
            Nice touch with the injury mention. Just in case.

            You know you shot that target with the VP opensighted closer. You wrote the bs crap on it and got called on it. I know for sure now. Why else would you try this.

            To save face..... heck... does anyone here know what you look like? I imagined an older dude. Those arms and hands looked young. Made that money or born into it?...... Ain't hatin, still money.
            My WTB of Anything Glock 1-2 Generation, Tupperware, Manuals or Parts. Press Me

            Comment

            • ddindetroit
              PURVEYOR OF HIGH END ITEM
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jul 2008
              • 1168

              OH Professor!

              Originally posted by Matt P
              Wait a minute. How is this comparable?
              Any one who shoots behinds mini holos knows the accuracy advantage with slow fire and that sight arrangement. Light on it increases weight and stability. At least 2 items you added to increase your ability to try and match your stated profiency with a much more stock looking handgun.
              Additionally if we average those shots and where they hit further demonstrate this performance is no substitute.
              50 rounds fired. 1 hole with approx 7-8 out. At the minimum he should have had at least 7-8 touching and 2-3 out.

              What do you think those videos actually show? Cmon dd, are you really offering today's shooting as "see, I can do that"

              I totally expect shenanigans from you. No surprise you would try and game this.

              Fail. This is no proof. I will allow an above average ability with slow fire at distance. So you can shoot slow fire well. But no way as good as you suggest in those images. No way.

              If you could, you would have an open sighted gun with you. Maybe you did but sucked a_ _ with it and you switched up to the holos.

              No crow here.... You eat it.
              Nice touch with the injury mention. Just in case.

              You know you shot that target with the VP opensighted closer. You wrote the bs crap on it and got called on it. I know for sure now. Why else would you try this.

              To save face..... heck... does anyone here know what you look like? I imagined an older dude. Those arms and hands looked young. Made that money or born into it?...... Ain't hatin, still money.

              Oh Professor there is no satisfying you. That's OK, the rest of Calguns enjoyed the interchange.

              As I told you, the VP9 has been upgraded. Did you want me to turn off the RMR? I grabbed it and ran to The Range. Shooting precision groups still requires hand/eye coordination with proper stance and grip right?

              Yes, I can always improve my shooting. Yes, today was not my best day. I am willing to put myself out there. I tried.

              Perhaps the tenured Professor could show us in a video how he expects us student of the gun how it's done?

              And so what if I'm old? Old guys still know how to shoot.

              Have a nice meal Captain.


              DD
              Last edited by ddindetroit; 03-17-2017, 12:44 AM.
              CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY OF WONDERFUL AND RARE HIGH END PISTOLS THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!
              CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY OF WONDERFUL AND RARE HIGH END LONG GUNS THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!
              CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY AMMUNITION THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!
              CLICK HERE TO SEE A VARIETY OF DESIREABLE SHOOTING ACCESSORIES THAT I HAVE FOR SALE!!!

              sigpic

              Comment

              • 1911whore
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2006
                • 2993

                DDinDetroit.....Nice shooting. Is that 25yds? If so....BRAVO! If not...Still fine pistol work.
                "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Ben Franklin

                Comment

                • Harley
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 1782

                  Originally posted by Matt P
                  Wait a minute. How is this comparable?
                  Any one who shoots behinds mini holos knows the accuracy advantage with slow fire and that sight arrangement. Light on it increases weight and stability. At least 2 items you added to increase your ability to try and match your stated profiency with a much more stock looking handgun.
                  Additionally if we average those shots and where they hit further demonstrate this performance is no substitute.
                  50 rounds fired. 1 hole with approx 7-8 out. At the minimum he should have had at least 7-8 touching and 2-3 out.

                  What do you think those videos actually show? Cmon dd, are you really offering today's shooting as "see, I can do that"

                  I totally expect shenanigans from you. No surprise you would try and game this.

                  Fail. This is no proof. I will allow an above average ability with slow fire at distance. So you can shoot slow fire well. But no way as good as you suggest in those images. No way.

                  If you could, you would have an open sighted gun with you. Maybe you did but sucked a_ _ with it and you switched up to the holos.

                  No crow here.... You eat it.
                  Nice touch with the injury mention. Just in case.

                  You know you shot that target with the VP opensighted closer. You wrote the bs crap on it and got called on it. I know for sure now. Why else would you try this.

                  To save face..... heck... does anyone here know what you look like? I imagined an older dude. Those arms and hands looked young. Made that money or born into it?...... Ain't hatin, still money.
                  I seen him, and know him. He ain't much to look at, especially with those soft baby hands.... but the guy can shoot.

                  Comment

                  • solipsism
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 1332

                    As soon as I saw the RMR I knew someone would call it cheating Lol

                    Comment

                    • kozumasbullitt
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 2912

                      Originally posted by solipsism
                      As soon as I saw the RMR I knew someone would call it cheating Lol
                      And those people probably don't know much about shooting. All the RMR does is help get sighted on target but it doesn't improve the physical layer of shooting. DD still had to pull the trigger, keep form, not jerk, pull, twitch or flinch and he had to have the skill to get back on target after each shot.

                      Comment

                      • crufflers
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 12723

                        Originally posted by ddindetroit
                        Just to make sure my above-mentioned shooting was not an anomaly.
                        I made a change - to a different HK pistol. An HK USP 45 Expert with a Docter RMR. This pistol will 'vet' you out - and truly show if you have a steady hand (and eye coordination).
                        Very nice. Thanks for doing this one. Looking forward to breaking out my Expert next month. How do you have that Docter mounted, Doctor? Good show. You delivered pretty fast. I guess I went to bed too early last night, hahah. You busy bees.

                        Comment

                        • calif 15-22
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 6044

                          Originally posted by Matt P
                          Wait a minute. How is this comparable?
                          Any one who shoots behinds mini holos knows the accuracy advantage with slow fire and that sight arrangement. Light on it increases weight and stability. At least 2 items you added to increase your ability to try and match your stated profiency with a much more stock looking handgun.
                          Additionally if we average those shots and where they hit further demonstrate this performance is no substitute.
                          50 rounds fired. 1 hole with approx 7-8 out. At the minimum he should have had at least 7-8 touching and 2-3 out.

                          What do you think those videos actually show? Cmon dd, are you really offering today's shooting as "see, I can do that"

                          I totally expect shenanigans from you. No surprise you would try and game this.

                          Fail. This is no proof. I will allow an above average ability with slow fire at distance. So you can shoot slow fire well. But no way as good as you suggest in those images. No way.

                          If you could, you would have an open sighted gun with you. Maybe you did but sucked a_ _ with it and you switched up to the holos.

                          No crow here.... You eat it.
                          Nice touch with the injury mention. Just in case.

                          You know you shot that target with the VP opensighted closer. You wrote the bs crap on it and got called on it. I know for sure now. Why else would you try this.

                          To save face..... heck... does anyone here know what you look like? I imagined an older dude. Those arms and hands looked young. Made that money or born into it?...... Ain't hatin, still money.

                          Matt I say this with the up most respect and admiration to you sir. What more do you want to prove?
                          DD came back and posted this video. Heck he could have just walked away. So now we're left with "you hung lights on to help your shooting".
                          What's next . . . the video was spliced?

                          While I can still understand and respect your right to doubt it as you are entitled to it . . .what that heck is with the bold above? Now you are really crossing the line my friend. Not cool at all.
                          Last edited by calif 15-22; 03-17-2017, 12:52 PM.
                          Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                          It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
                          Originally posted by Hoooper
                          Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • calif 15-22
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 6044

                            Originally posted by Harley
                            I seen him, and know him. He ain't much to look at, especially with those soft baby hands.... but the guy can shoot.
                            ^^^ So there you go ^^^
                            Dang now I want to meet him if those hands are really that soft
                            Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                            It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
                            Originally posted by Hoooper
                            Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • calif 15-22
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Jan 2012
                              • 6044

                              DD I gotta say . . . I will never be able to shoot that well, and am in AWE of those that can and do!

                              Kudos as well for even entertaining us mere mortals with your skills . . . Well done sir!
                              Last edited by calif 15-22; 03-17-2017, 9:42 AM.
                              Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                              It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
                              Originally posted by Hoooper
                              Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1