Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

GUN LUBE

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    PanzerAce
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 4262

    Originally posted by wordupmybrotha
    Riiiight. If you see a $400 Glock Gen 4, you won't be typing "I'll take it" fast enough.

    Considering I can get them for less....yeah, probably not.
    "There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order"
    -Ed Howdershelt


    Originally posted by hossb7
    HK is the best $500 gun you can get for $1,000

    Comment

    • #62
      meno377
      ?????
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jul 2013
      • 4911

      Originally posted by Tok36
      I do not use motor oil my self but....This^^.
      I agree with one exception. I am a big fan of Mobil 1 but I wanted to move away from petroleum based oils/grease. So now I use something non petroleum based.
      Originally posted by Fjold
      I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
      Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
      -Milton Friedman


      sigpic

      Comment

      • #63
        Napalm Bulldog
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 4266

        I'm currently using Wilson Combat ultimate lube 2 universal on my 1911 and been happy with it so far.

        Comment

        • #64
          Napalm Bulldog
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 4266

          Originally posted by holt7153
          Good article-thanks for posting.
          I got both of those years ago myself after reading Grants article.

          Comment

          • #65
            BoJackUSMC
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2010
            • 7091

            I just use Remington lube from Walmart...

            Comment

            • #66
              timbo399
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 1765

              I have never had a handgun or rifle malfunction because of the lube/grease I used. I do like the way Slip 2000 EWL seems to keep a slippery film on the rails of my 1911's and not run off too much.

              But also I have used Tetra grease, specifically for my bedside handgun as that stuff will stay on for many months.

              This is a topic that is easy to over think-

              I guess my only need for a "wonder lube" would be if I used an AR for HD, which I don't-

              I have yet to find something that keeps BCG very slick without a lot running down to the buffer tube after storing in safe for a while.

              Comment

              • #67
                RazoE
                Member
                • Sep 2015
                • 235

                ACF 50 or Corrosion X. I have it around anyway for other required uses.
                http://thefreethoughtproject.com/study-police-crime/

                https://www.policemisconduct.net/

                Comment

                • #68
                  MarikinaMan
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2015
                  • 4864

                  Oil is oil. It doesnt matter what its made off as long as it is formulated and performs adequately for the application.

                  The problem with motor oil is that it is not made for skin contact. Is that an issue, I dont know. For 12 bucks a bottle of Hoppes, or someting smilar, Im good spending a little extra.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    golfish
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 10124

                    This is the only Mobil 1 that I have used. It has to be better then Reg Mobil 1 for cars and trucks, right?

                    It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                    Happiness is a warm gun.

                    MLC, First 3

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      cire raeb
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • 1049

                      Originally posted by Mayor McRifle
                      What if the gun oil is really cooking oil?

                      [ATTACH]497131[/ATTACH]
                      I read somewhere in this forum that some newbie went with someone advice and used Crisco to lube his or her Glock.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        cire raeb
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 1049

                        I am now using Slip2000 on all my firearms.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          ScottsBad
                          Progressives Suck!
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • May 2009
                          • 5610

                          Weapons Shield

                          Slip2000 EWL works fine, best in my pistols.

                          I tried some other gun lubes, like MiliTec, MilCom, seem the same.

                          Frog Lube, gums up after it sits for awhile.

                          WD-40 is not viscous enough for rifle actions IMHO. Works on exterior, but can leave a lacquer like coat on bluing if you use it too long.

                          Motor Oil - Works OK as a lube I just hate working with it.

                          I just don't really like Ballistol as a lube. It's fine as an exterior protectant.

                          CLP works fine, but not the best.

                          BTW - That Fire Clean oil was the best oil for the BCG of an AR I ever used, even if it was vegetable oil. BTW plain canola doesn't work like FireClean, it stinks and gums more.
                          sigpicC'mon man, shouldn't we ban Democracks from Cal-Guns? Or at least send them to re-education camps.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Jimi Jah
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2014
                            • 19236

                            Originally posted by BoJackUSMC
                            I just use Remington lube from Walmart...
                            My can of spray Rem Oil gets used as a household lube. I used it yesterday on my 95 year old mother-in-law's "johnny Walker" to stop some squeaks.

                            No way am I going to waste Slip 2000 on that old bird.

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              teflondog
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 4011

                              I personally use Froglube. I stopped using the paste as a lubricant because it gummed up my 1911 rails and caused malfunctions.

                              So now I use the paste on the outside surfaces to prevent rust. I use the liquid as a lubricant.
                              Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
                              Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                langss
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 929

                                Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                                My can of spray Rem Oil gets used as a household lube. I used it yesterday on my 95 year old mother-in-law's "johnny Walker" to stop some squeaks.

                                No way am I going to waste Slip 2000 on that old bird.
                                Was that "Black" or "Blue" or both......lol.......

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1