Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

GUN LUBE

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Jimi Jah
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2014
    • 19226

    Almost anything will work, for a while. I used to use Royal Purple 5/20 wt. as I use that in my Jeep Wrangler.

    After trying a few brands I got a sample of Slip 2000 EWL from BCM. That changed everything. Not only does it work better than anything else I had used, it's non-toxic and has no smell.

    It also fixed all the little hangs and problems any gun had. I use the EWL grease on slides and gas rings, the 720 de-greaser to clean and the carbon killer for barrels. It's not super cheap but you don't use much so it's still low cost over time.

    Rem Oil is used for door locks and hinges, Frog lube on the garage door rails and Hoppes #9 as a smelling salt.

    Comment

    • #47
      holt7153
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2010
      • 1877

      Originally posted by cindynles
      Lubrication 101: Gun oil, snake oil, and how to tell the difference: http://www.grantcunningham.com/2006/05/lubrication-101/



      Good article-thanks for posting.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #48
        Wordupmybrotha
        From anotha motha
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2013
        • 6965

        Originally posted by cindynles
        Lubrication 101: Gun oil, snake oil, and how to tell the difference: http://www.grantcunningham.com/2006/05/lubrication-101/
        Food grade lubricants"

        Sounds like he's saying Froglube is good to go.

        Comment

        • #49
          Wordupmybrotha
          From anotha motha
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Oct 2013
          • 6965



          Motor oil is a no go, because it provides poor resistence to corrosion and oxidation.

          WD-40 is a no go because it was not meant for lubrication - was designed to be a water displacer.

          Comment

          • #50
            HUTCH 7.62
            In Memoriam
            • Aug 2006
            • 11298

            If it is dry I just spit on my gun before using it. Never liked over the counter lubes as the are often greasy and messy
            Some say that he once mooned two prostitutes just for a round of drinks, but wasn't surprised by the reply......They call him, the Hutch
            Some say that he rode a dirtbike 7k miles across the country and that he once applied Bengay to his own testicles for a mere $50............They call him, the Hutch -Top Gear

            http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CCAB7CE8D70F60

            Comment

            • #51
              tbc
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2011
              • 5955

              Originally posted by aca72

              Gun oil for guns. .

              Motor oil for motors.

              Transmission oil for transmissions.

              Cooking oil for cooking.

              Baby oil for babies.



              Any reputable gun oil with a proven track record is best.

              ok

              Comment

              • #52
                captainsavaho
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 642

                Originally posted by tbc
                ok

                This ***** works. I tell you

                A+

                Comment

                • #53
                  langss
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 929

                  Originally posted by tbc
                  ok

                  +1 for this. I have tried it and I like it.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Beck1911
                    Vendor/Retailer
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 92

                    I'm staying out of this

                    Beck

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      PanzerAce
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 4262

                      I like using these threads as a way of making lists of who to never buy guns from...
                      "There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order"
                      -Ed Howdershelt


                      Originally posted by hossb7
                      HK is the best $500 gun you can get for $1,000

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        LoadedM333
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 1691

                        Originally posted by tbc
                        ok

                        Seriously, I use this too and Castrol 10-60 oil from my BMW M3.
                        NRA LifeTime Member

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Musubi1000
                          Member
                          • Mar 2016
                          • 154

                          I'm surprised at how many people won't pay $10 for a gun oil and look for lower cost alternatives. One bottle will probably last the lifetime of the firearm.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Wordupmybrotha
                            From anotha motha
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Oct 2013
                            • 6965

                            Originally posted by PanzerAce
                            I like using these threads as a way of making lists of who to never buy guns from...
                            Riiiight. If you see a $400 Glock Gen 4, you won't be typing "I'll take it" fast enough.

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              langss
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 929

                              Originally posted by langss
                              +1 for this. I have tried it and I like it.
                              In defense of my decision(not that I have to)I've been shooting since I was a kid in the Cub Scouts in the 50's. I have used just about everything that has ever been available. I decided to try the Mobil 1 on my 9mm AR, because I have a lot of container drain back and its available. So far I have Zero splash back, It stays in place, and the blowback from the 9mm just wipes away. No I have not used it in a regular AR, but I will be trying it shortly. I have used it to lube the bolt on a 700 and it stays put there as well. In this case, the opinions that have been expressed all have their merits, but the whole thing kind of reminds me of a comment made about the size of a women's behind by guys that didn't know the "Husband" was within earshot. His response was.....Don't Knock It Until You Have Tried It. As always.....Just my .02.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                Tok36
                                Veteran Member
                                • May 2013
                                • 3061

                                Originally posted by beretta929mm
                                If OP has not encountered any issue using motor oil, why not keep at it?
                                I do not use motor oil my self but....This^^.
                                Vive La Exile Machine!!
                                Link--> CZ 75B -vs- CZ 75 SP-01 Comparison
                                Link--> CGW Type 3 Disco fitting fun
                                Link--> What is a CZ Tactical sport?
                                Will work for CZ Pics!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1