Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New Ruger Striker-Fired 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Sutcliffe
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2003
    • 6792

    I've felt the same for every Ruger Auto

    Originally posted by ThighSlapper
    Looks only a mother could love
    This one is slightly better looking than the current series handguns and reminds me of Glock.

    Comment

    • #17
      Carcassonne
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 4897

      Originally posted by whipsmart
      At least Ruger tries to improve their product line. Unlike some companies that rhyme with C**k. The 43 arrived 5 years too late and my guess is metal sights and replaceable backstraps are only 10 years away.

      Replacement backstraps on Glock pistols are available now if you live outside California. I doubt you will be able to get a new Gen 4 Glock at your LGS in 10 years.

      If Glock pistols are so bad, why did every other gun company copy their design? People who bash Glock for not making drastic changes to their pistol probably own several 1911 pistols, and still defend the 105 year old 1911 design as being acceptable.


      Originally posted by ojisan

      The Federal ban on 10+ mags and "Assault Weapons" expired in 2004.
      Bill Ruger's suggestion for a 15 round mag capacity limit (and it was only a suggestion) was back in 1993.
      (Again, the talk at the time was a 6 round max mag capacity for all guns...the same as revolvers...far worse than a 15 round proposal).

      CA did their own thing with 10+ mag and AW restrictions / bans starting in 2000.
      Bill Ruger was not involved.

      Bill Ruger was against AR-15 rifles being sold to the public. Maybe it was because the AR competed against his POS Mini-14.


      .
      Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

      In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

      I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

      Comment

      • #18
        saudadeii
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Dec 2012
        • 3468

        Originally posted by Quiet
        Some people are still bitter because we still have to live with his legacy (magazine capacity ban and assault weapon ban).
        Some people can't let go.

        Me? I have 3 Rugers, a Mini 14, GP100 and SR1911. No hate here.
        My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

        Comment

        • #19
          Baboosh
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2008
          • 6769

          They get released Thursday, we have some being delivered as Ruger is letting them go in a 5 pack of 3 9mm and 2 45acp. I am interested in checking them out and testing one.

          I like when new pistols come out, I was impressed with the new Grand Power pistol from Slovania.
          Just a normal guy

          Comment

          • #20
            g17owner
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 881

            Wow that is an ugly gun.

            Comment

            • #21
              Germ1
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2014
              • 1165

              Originally posted by Quiet
              +1 on continuing to trying to evolve & develop new products and not rehashing the same old stuff.
              This pistol made by Ruger is nothing new or special. Glocks don't need to "evolve" They're already perfect the way they are. And gen 4's aren't that old, came out like 5 years ago. Glock has been the most well known, reliable and most issued pistol for the last thirty years. Ruger is just getting into the striker fired polymer pistol game, so you're delusional. If anything Ruger is behind the times by about 25 years.

              Ps, I've owned Ruger firearms and I'm not impressed. Finish is garbage, and recoil spring wore out in 3k rounds.

              Comment

              • #22
                Legasat
                Intergalactic Member
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Mar 2009
                • 4151

                Looks pretty good to me. I would try one if I didn't live here...
                Last edited by Legasat; 12-29-2015, 7:39 PM.
                ..

                .........STGC(SW)


                SAF Life Member

                sigpic
                NRA Benefactor

                Comment

                • #23
                  jumbopanda
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 8382

                  >News of a new gun coming out
                  >Half the comments are people calling it ugly

                  Yup, seems about right.
                  Mo' BBs.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Tere_Hanges
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 6270

                    At least it looks better than the beretta APX.

                    I'll take a Glock or M&P over it anyday.
                    CRPA and NRA member.

                    Note that those who have repeatedly expressed enough vile and incoherent content as to render your views irrelevant, have been placed on my ignore list. Thank you for helping me improve my experience and direct my attention towards those who are worthy of it. God bless your toxic little souls.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      xrMike
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 7841

                      That's one fugly gun, almost as bad as a Glock...

                      My SR9 is beautiful, by comparison.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        swruger
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 951

                        Originally posted by Baboosh
                        They get released Thursday, we have some being delivered as Ruger is letting them go in a 5 pack of 3 9mm and 2 45acp. I am interested in checking them out and testing one.

                        I like when new pistols come out, I was impressed with the new Grand Power pistol from Slovania.

                        I am very interested in hearing the test results!

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          pc_load_letter
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 2520

                          Wow that is a good looking gun.

                          Glock, now that is an ugly gun.

                          I love my SR9 and while I'd love one of these....

                          Do any of the retailers know if Ruger submitted this to CA DOJ for roster testing?

                          Originally posted by g17owner
                          Wow that is an ugly gun.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            JackRydden224
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 7229

                            Originally posted by jumbopanda
                            >News of a new gun coming out
                            >Half the comments are people calling it ugly

                            Yup, seems about right.
                            You gotta remember most calgunners don't shoot their guns. So they are playing attention to stuff that don't really matter. I'm all for a polymer striker fired pistol that takes 1911 sights.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              JackRydden224
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 7229

                              Originally posted by pc_load_letter
                              Wow that is a good looking gun.

                              Glock, now that is an ugly gun.

                              I love my SR9 and while I'd love one of these....

                              Do any of the retailers know if Ruger submitted this to CA DOJ for roster testing?
                              Well, no micro-stamping so we are out of luck.

                              Maybe someone will bring it in and sell it for $800?

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                static2126
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 5619

                                Originally posted by pc_load_letter
                                Wow that is a good looking gun.

                                Glock, now that is an ugly gun.

                                I love my SR9 and while I'd love one of these....

                                Do any of the retailers know if Ruger submitted this to CA DOJ for roster testing?
                                How are there long time members still wondering if new guns make it to the roster...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1