Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

deleted

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Ronin2
    Banned
    • Jan 2011
    • 5563

    Originally posted by oktavist
    Night sights had already burned out,
    "Already" burned out? You know that most all night sights are expected to last no more than ten years from new right?? The last guns roll marked WGERMANY were produced in 1994 or 1995.

    Comment

    • #17
      bohoki
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 20826

      jj under the front

      Comment

      • #18
        Squid2000
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2013
        • 55

        I wanna buy it!!!

        Comment

        • #19
          SkyHawk
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Sep 2012
          • 23531

          Originally posted by Ronin2
          "Already" burned out? You know that most all night sights are expected to last no more than ten years from new right?? The last guns roll marked WGERMANY were produced in 1994 or 1995.
          I get the feeling he knows that. I think his point was this: don't sweat a missing manual or test target, because a heavily worn duty gun with depleted night sights still fetches $725. A NIB vintage P226 will bring a pretty penny, manual or not.
          Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

          Comment

          • #20
            smarty mcfly
            Member
            • May 2013
            • 251

            I have done business with kcb before and I believe he is just trying to find a fair price and I would do business with him again. Good luck kcb
            Last edited by smarty mcfly; 11-15-2015, 10:50 AM.

            Comment

            • #21
              kcb
              Member
              • Apr 2012
              • 375

              smarty mcfly, Thanks so much! Also I gave the serial number to Sig rep and he stated it was made in 1988. Like iI said I will put some pics up soon. I may sell it or may hang onto it, not sure? Also thanks for the feedback, I am no sig expert for sure. Learning though
              Some of Ca gun laws are criminal

              Comment

              • #22
                bsg
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2009
                • 25954

                i have a w german P226 manufactured in 1988 (JJ). i suggest that you keep your P226 and in five years make a reassessment of whether to sell or keep. whatever you decide to do in five years, you'll be glad that you kept the Sig long enough to make that decision possible.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Rhyme_merchant
                  Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • 248

                  Originally posted by bsg
                  i have a w german P226 manufactured in 1988 (JJ). i suggest that you keep your P226 and in five years make a reassessment of whether to sell or keep. whatever you decide to do in five years, you'll be glad that you kept the Sig long enough to make that decision possible.
                  I don't even have one and I second this. That's a fine gun you have there.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    SocomM4
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 2187

                    Don't sell it. Give yourself some time. Take it out to take sick photos of it with cool ammo lying around. Like so. Only yours would be fappable.

                    Originally posted by TeddyBallgame
                    maybe I'm wrong, but, if a $50.00 investment can help me a bit, i'll just have to go a day without the hookers and blow to cover it
                    Originally posted by ir0nclash86
                    I would wipe it off for the simple fact of not wanting to get sprayed in the face with it during the first few rounds.
                    Originally posted by Ride Madone
                    It does not matter.An AR is the very best and safest weapon to use for home defence.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      kcb
                      Member
                      • Apr 2012
                      • 375

                      A couple more pic's

                      here are two more
                      Last edited by kcb; 07-24-2016, 11:00 AM.
                      Some of Ca gun laws are criminal

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        optimus-primer
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 613

                        Personally, I would sell the new Sig and keep the old German made Sig. The 226 extreme is worth about the same value if you are needing the money. ESP if the Extreme is a non roster model.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          AreWeFree
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 4558

                          Really good score and excellent condition, but that doesn't appear 'unfired new in box' according to the barrel. Take the slide off and look closely at the frame rails and locking block.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            BigPimping
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 21487

                            I would definitely not sell that. That's something that would be difficult to acquire in that sort of condition again. I try never to sell anything that has that sort of collectability and personal value.
                            sigpic

                            PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                            When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                            Don't let your history be a mystery

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Canadadry
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 1065

                              Originally posted by rm1911
                              Honestly, and not intending to be a d***head, but seriously, you score a west German 226 and you are more concerned with how much it's "worth". It's the finest 9mm ever made. I have a similar era 228. There isn't anything even close to them. You've got an amazing firearm. Keep it, shoot it, treasure it.

                              Econ 101: value is subjective. And your post is case in point. How much would YOU pay for it? Obviously not as much as someone else. So how you can ask anyone for a "value". It's worth what someone is willing to pay. Period.

                              Tell you what, go ahead and sell it. 10 years from now, someone will start a(nother) "what firearm do regret selling?" thread. You'll have a great post.
                              I think you're going overboard. I scored a mint West German P226 and after doing some research found that the slides were made from folded sheet metal and then welded together. Guess what the have a tendency to break if you shoot them hard. When I take the gun apart and look inside the slide I can see where it's welded. I would have no problem selling it. It just a gun.

                              I purchased a lot of guns recently, however, I've decided to stick with Glocks & VP9. If your serious about shooting having a bunch of different guns is not a good idea.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Ronin2
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2011
                                • 5563

                                Originally posted by Canadadry
                                after doing some research found that the slides were made from folded sheet metal and then welded together. Guess what the have a tendency to break if you shoot them hard.
                                You just made it clear to everyone who knows firearms, I mean really knows them, that you dont know what the hell you are talking about...

                                Originally posted by Canadadry
                                I purchased a lot of guns recently, however, I've decided to stick with Glocks & VP9. If your serious about shooting having a bunch of different guns is not a good idea.
                                Great advice for you...I think its best you stick to the Glocks... you are perfect for each other.
                                Last edited by Ronin2; 11-15-2015, 9:02 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1