Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Highest Round Count

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    JTROKS
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2007
    • 13093

    Up to the 5 figures and no recoil spring change?
    The wise man said just find your place
    In the eye of the storm
    Seek the roses along the way
    Just beware of the thorns...
    K. Meine

    Comment

    • #47
      SteveH
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2007
      • 1576

      Never believe the number without a gun log or other evidence. People wildly over estimate the round counts usually. In classes and otherwise.

      Comment

      • #48
        SteveH
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 1576

        Originally posted by Revoman
        Not "tick marking every round fired", just know how many rounds shot each visit and how many times I visit the range annually. Simple math.
        I keep a gun log for every gun. Yesterday i fired 72 rounds of fiochhi 170Gn FMJ. not 73, not 71, not 50, not 100. exactly 72. i go to the range between 1 and 5 times a week. firing between 12 and 180 rounds per session. So the only way to know the round count is to document it. stuff like i go to the range twice a week firing 50 rounds extrapolated over 15 years rarely gives an accurate number.

        Comment

        • #49
          JTROKS
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2007
          • 13093

          Originally posted by SteveH
          Never believe the number without a gun log or other evidence. People wildly over estimate the round counts usually. In classes and otherwise.
          Well as I remember from the empty boxes of hard cast bullets I purchased and all the Federal small pistol primers I bought I know I'm at 35K+ with my GP100. The only thing that surpassed that was my Caspian Open division gun, but that's on the second top end now.
          The wise man said just find your place
          In the eye of the storm
          Seek the roses along the way
          Just beware of the thorns...
          K. Meine

          Comment

          • #50
            toby
            Banned
            • Jan 2010
            • 10576

            Originally posted by SteveH
            I keep a gun log for every gun. Yesterday i fired 72 rounds of fiochhi 170Gn FMJ. not 73, not 71, not 50, not 100. exactly 72. i go to the range between 1 and 5 times a week. firing between 12 and 180 rounds per session. So the only way to know the round count is to document it. stuff like i go to the range twice a week firing 50 rounds extrapolated over 15 years rarely gives an accurate number.
            Why do you need an accurate number on shots fired? I mean really what does it do for you other than peace of mind how much time and money you have spent. If you believe it will help resale I don't think so because most everyone lies anyway and unless one of the guns you are selling is highly collectable then actual round counts are moot and if it's it highly collectable why shoot it at all? not singling you out just looking for justifiable reasoning because in my 40+ years of shooting and collecting it's never crossed my mind.
            Last edited by toby; 09-20-2015, 2:40 PM.

            Comment

            • #51
              glockman19
              Banned
              • Jun 2007
              • 10486

              The Reason I bought A Kimber Custom II was because I shot one at the range and loved it. I asked why they had it as a range gun. They said it was a work horse. I asked how many rounds and the reply was 70,000+ and they only replaced springs and the barrel at around 50,000 rounds.

              Comment

              • #52
                deadcoyote
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 4002

                I don't want to wade into a round count pissing match, I'd just say I think round is important to highlight just for the folks who pass on guns with 4-500 rounds through them as they think they're permanently damaged.
                Buying a safe and sane firework is like paying a hooker for a hug. I do not see the appeal in it.

                Comment

                • #53
                  sammy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3847

                  40,000 plus rounds and still very accurate.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Black Majik
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 9695

                    Originally posted by sammy
                    40,000 plus rounds and still very accurate.

                    High round count Baers are the best.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      uhlan1
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Aug 2012
                      • 6217

                      Originally posted by SteveH
                      Never believe the number without a gun log or other evidence. People wildly over estimate the round counts usually. In classes and otherwise.

                      Never believe the round count in the marketplace, people wildly underestimate them.

                      Is that what you meant?
                      "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        uhlan1
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 6217

                        Originally posted by SteveH
                        I keep a gun log for every gun. Yesterday i fired 72 rounds of fiochhi 170Gn FMJ. not 73, not 71, not 50, not 100. exactly 72. i go to the range between 1 and 5 times a week. firing between 12 and 180 rounds per session. So the only way to know the round count is to document it. stuff like i go to the range twice a week firing 50 rounds extrapolated over 15 years rarely gives an accurate number.
                        Jaysus! I shoot to have fun and improve my skills, not to sharpen my accounting skills. Practiced for a match next week today. Maybe 300 rounds out of an STI and 200 or so out of one of the CZ TS'. Pour reloads from various buckets into zip-locs, don't even know how many I take to the club except "a lot". Just keep the truck tubs filled

                        Ask me next week how much I shot today and you'll get a blank stare. Just don't see the point.
                        "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Saym14
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 7892

                          21,000 rounds thru mu HK USP

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            static2126
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 5619

                            Originally posted by sammy
                            40,000 plus rounds and still very accurate.

                            Always admire the look of a well loved Baer. That is some nice shooting (understatement)

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              rmatt
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2012
                              • 1057

                              Glock 34, 65,000 rounds down the barrel.
                              Competition is where you find out you're slow, can't see well, are not accurate, have poor gun handling, can't visualize, have equipment that doesn't work and either accept it OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
                              USPSA TY82278
                              IDPA A54426

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                sammy
                                Veteran Member
                                • Oct 2006
                                • 3847

                                Originally posted by static2126
                                Always admire the look of a well loved Baer. That is some nice shooting (understatement)
                                Thanks for the complement.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1