Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Used Glock issue (brass dented)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    Kestryll
    Head Janitor
    • Oct 2005
    • 21614

    Originally posted by himurax13
    Well it seems you are fairly dense.:
    Originally posted by himurax13
    Well since you want to be an ahole about it,
    It looks like you're learning curve is a bit of a flat line.

    When you return I suggest reading the rules.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA Life Member / SAF Life Member
    Calguns.net, LLC. - Owner.
    The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
    DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CRPA AND CRPAF NOW!
    Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net or CRPA.

    Comment

    • #62
      pacrat
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2014
      • 10285

      What the OP pictured is commonly called a "port ding". It is where the case mouth clipped the ejection port on the way out of the pistol and got a little ding. No Biggy.

      If you reload it will disappear during resizing/expanding. If you don't reload it's certainly of no consequence. Literally every stock mil-spec 1911 and 1911a1 I've ever shot leaves this mark on cases. That's why fellas lowered the port and beveled their slides first thing when buying one.

      JM2c

      Comment

      • #63
        PseudoTsuga
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2013
        • 803

        Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
        No, it would not. The breech face prevents that. That's why flattened primers, not blown primers, are a recognized sign of excessive pressure.

        Note the rectangle where the primer flowed into the firing pin depression, as well as the narrowing of the joint between the case and the primer, easily distinguishable from the other case.

        Stop digging.

        Thanks, Citadelgrad. I could have expanded on what I wrote initially and possibly negated the need for you to bother doing it, but I thought it was fairly obvious! But then again, there are those who see what they want and not what exists. Thanks for filing in the blanks.
        "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy."
        -F. Scott Fitzgerald

        Comment

        • #64
          Oceanbob
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jun 2010
          • 12720

          Originally posted by eaglemike
          especially when combined with (incompletely) resized brass and tired recoil springs. .40 has been the worst, and caused blowouts in the area above the ramp.

          The generous radius in the Dillon dies can allow the part of the bulge to stay. Other dies can size farther down the case, and this is a good thing.
          I will agree with eaglemike here. ^^^ I have a dedicated Dillon for .40/10MM and way back in 1993 ish, the Glock 22 and 20 (.40 and 10Mm) had terrible case support (in my opinion) and was a small problem with especially reloaded brass.

          Over the years, Glock has increased the case support in the factory barrels at the 6 o'clock position. Now it's a non issue....

          BUT......I will second Bill Steele's endorsement of the Redding GR-X carbide full length resizing die. Yeah, its a bit expensive but it fixes the brass like you can't believe and assures every case will run thru your guns.

          It's really a 'must have' if you're going to run and reload .40 or 10.

          Especially if you use an aftermarket barrel.....which is about .007 thousandths tighter than a Glock factory barrel. Without proper resizing the case will get stuck about half way.....haha. Not funny....

          Here it is. Yes, they have a non-carbide version for less money but I use carbide only.



          Good luck

          Bob.
          May the Bridges I burn light the way.

          Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

          Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

          Comment

          • #65
            cindynles
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 2806

            You can also use the Lee Bulge Buster kit with their factory crimp die if you want to save a little money on the GR-X.



            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

            Comment

            • #66
              pdq_wizzard
              Veteran Member
              • May 2008
              • 3813

              Originally posted by Bill Steele
              There used to be an old saying, "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.."

              My new saying is, "when the last informed shooter gets fed up setting the record straight from all the trolls, only trolls will be on Calguns.."

              Close to the edge here brother.
              I am so using this.
              Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
              A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

              Originally posted by M. Sage
              More what? More crazy?
              You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.

              Comment

              • #67
                pdq_wizzard
                Veteran Member
                • May 2008
                • 3813

                Stock Glock left Lone Wolf right





                sent from my bag phone
                Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
                A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

                Originally posted by M. Sage
                More what? More crazy?
                You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.

                Comment

                • #68
                  Vanimal
                  Member
                  • Jul 2014
                  • 136

                  So I'm having the same issue with my G19 but, with stove pipes occasionally. OP, did changing the recoil spring work for you? I was thinking the extractor but, nothing looks wrong with it.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    ltcash
                    Junior Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • 2

                    Definitely the recoil spring. Get a factory spring. The one in there may be too strong. The slide isn't back long enough for the casing to clear.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      BlooDSMeaR
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 668

                      Originally posted by JDay
                      The bulge caused by the partially unsupported chamber makes reloading dangerous.
                      Originally posted by cindynles
                      Well that's news to tens of thousands of re-loaders around the world.
                      Originally posted by Bill Steele
                      Complete and utter nonsense.
                      LEE does sell a BULGE buster die for that purpose

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        ducitis
                        Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • 270

                        gun could be a lemon with everything as the issue from tolerances, to extractor to recoil spring, and at worst all at the same time.

                        I think to solve your problem is to go back in time and ask the seller.. "WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT?

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          RR.44
                          CGSSA Leader
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 1933

                          Glock fanbois are so brand blind that things like this are acceptable and "common" .....give me a break and face the facts that your Glock just isn't anything special at all.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Citadelgrad87
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 16980

                            Originally posted by RR.44
                            Glock fanbois are so brand blind that things like this are acceptable and "common" .....give me a break and face the facts that your Glock just isn't anything special at all.
                            You can always tell an insecure guy, never passes a chance to get a dig in.

                            You know nothing about how "common" this is, or even what is causing it. You're just happy that it appears to validate your worldview.

                            Go ahead, call me a fanboy, then I will tell you what I own. Then you will look even more foolish.
                            Originally posted by tony270
                            It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
                            Originally posted by repubconserv
                            Print it out and frame it for all I care
                            Originally posted by el chivo
                            I don't need to think at all..
                            Originally posted by pjsig
                            You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              RR.44
                              CGSSA Leader
                              • Mar 2012
                              • 1933

                              I don't make excuses for what I own, if it works I keep it, if it has issues I get rid of it, call me foolish if you must to make yourself feel better, but I won't make an excuse for what I have should it not perform.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                Mossy Man
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jun 2011
                                • 7641

                                Glock hater crew is more annoying than Glock fanboi crew iirc

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1