Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

opinion on Shield or compact xd?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    XDmax
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 611

    Originally posted by NationsMostWanted
    The shield has a rough trigger?
    I like the stock trigger on mine
    IF YOU BUY ANY BULK AMMO FROM LAX AMMO, YOU BETTER COUNT THE ROUNDS. I WAS SHORTED BY THEM.
    v v v v v v
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1003656
    NRA/IDPA (Prado)
    SA XDm 5.25 .40 SA XDm 5.25 9mm
    SA XDm 3.8c .40 SA 1911 Range Officer .45
    SA XD Tactical .40 SA XD SC .40
    M&P SHIELD .40 M&P .45 M&P 40c G23/G35 .40

    Comment

    • #17
      Thanatos2203
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 1200

      I think you either get lucky or don't with the Shield trigger. Mine was noticeably worse than the NY trigger on my G23 I have to carry for work. The internet seems to be full of people who agree. Some people like it out of the box but I feel they are in the minority. If you buy the Shield, know that it might very well need the APEX kit and perhaps a TALON (rubber) grip to be more serviceable and user friendly.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        JDW67
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 2002

        Originally posted by NationsMostWanted
        The shield has a rough trigger?
        My Shield had a hideously gritty trigger. Almost sold it till I put a few hundred rounds through it and the trigger smoothed out.

        Comment

        • #19
          NationsMostWanted
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2010
          • 972

          That sucks...is it something you can feel while dry fire
          CC/LTC Review Links
          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...0#post19921520

          Comment

          • #20
            JDW67
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 2002

            Yes, the grit was there regardless of live fire or dry. Worse during live fire as it threw off my aim.

            Comment

            • #21
              richca
              Member
              • Jun 2014
              • 105

              Both decent carry guns, single stack vs double stack is the difference if you ask me.

              Comment

              • #22
                Legasat
                Intergalactic Member
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Mar 2009
                • 4151

                Originally posted by JDW67
                Yes, the grit was there regardless of live fire or dry. Worse during live fire as it threw off my aim.
                My Shield trigger was just fine, but I wanted to see what the Apex kit did, so I put one in. I gotta admit, it made a decent trigger very nice!
                ..

                .........STGC(SW)


                SAF Life Member

                sigpic
                NRA Benefactor

                Comment

                • #23
                  geoint
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2014
                  • 4385

                  Originally posted by Thanatos2203
                  I think you either get lucky or don't with the Shield trigger. Mine was noticeably worse than the NY trigger on my G23 I have to carry for work. The internet seems to be full of people who agree. Some people like it out of the box but I feel they are in the minority. If you buy the Shield, know that it might very well need the APEX kit and perhaps a TALON (rubber) grip to be more serviceable and user friendly.
                  My shield factory trigger sucked too. After installing the apex duty kit it was a lot nicer. But if you have to factor in the price of the apex kit, gunsmith installation and reliable night sights you are already in the $600+ price range.
                  Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

                  I Hate California.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    NationsMostWanted
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 972

                    I might not do that if it's like that.not sure if small shops let us dry fire lol
                    CC/LTC Review Links
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...0#post19921520

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      CK_32
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 14369

                      I LOVE my shield in the hand, but with my body it prints bad and idk why.

                      My friends XDs shows much less. But still with several holsters, shorts even over sized be being a slim broad shouldure kid my shirts ride up easy with little movement and print or full on show. Unless I walk like a robot with a stick up my butt all day.
                      For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                      What's Your Caliber??


                      My Youtube channel

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        VintageRider
                        Junior Member
                        • Jan 2015
                        • 92

                        Go to The Firing Line and rent/shoot both guns. That will give you a real idea of what they can offer you.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          TedFromCal
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 11

                          I just picked up the 9 Shield a couple weeks ago. Being my first semi (never had a revolver jam), I was a little hesitant about picking one up because of FTF and FTE. I put a couple boxes of range rounds through it and everything cycled perfect. It is also easy to break down and clean. The size for a CCW is great. That is actually what I bought it for.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            L84CABO
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 8779

                            XDS would be the apples to apples comparison for the Shield. But the XDS is not on the roster. Sad Face.

                            It's funny, I like the XDS over the Shield. But after that I like M&P's over the XD line.

                            Anyway, I don't think I'm helping you very much. Both lines are good. So hold both and see which one feels better in your hand.
                            "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

                            Fighter Pilot

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              geoint
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2014
                              • 4385

                              Originally posted by TedFromCal
                              I just picked up the 9 Shield a couple weeks ago. Being my first semi (never had a revolver jam), I was a little hesitant about picking one up because of FTF and FTE. I put a couple boxes of range rounds through it and everything cycled perfect. It is also easy to break down and clean. The size for a CCW is great. That is actually what I bought it for.
                              The shield is an ok gun for CCW but it almost demands using the 8 round mags which almost defeats the purpose as far as concealment IMO.

                              If youre already a revolver guy, I dont know why you dont just CCW a S&W or Ruger snubbie. My nod is to the rugers as the factory triggers are way nicer
                              Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

                              I Hate California.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                NationsMostWanted
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 972

                                Unless mod 2 will come out for california. How's the mp9c
                                Last edited by NationsMostWanted; 03-02-2015, 12:03 PM.
                                CC/LTC Review Links
                                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...0#post19921520

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1