Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My CA FFL Proof of Residency Cheat Sheet.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    tenpercentfirearms
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Apr 2005
    • 13007

    As soon as class is out for the day, I am going to make some calls and ask about the new automated Fish and Game system. I know from having the ALS myself that I could change their address no problem, but it will be intersesting to see what the DOJ and ATF say about it.

    I mean really during an audit do you think they are going to argue it? I could see where the old licenses and the DMV browncards are hand written, but this is a printed government license with period of validity.

    I'll keep you updated.
    www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

    Comment

    • #62
      tenpercentfirearms
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Apr 2005
      • 13007

      I just talked to Rene from CA DOJ and she believes that the printed hunting licenses are acceptable for state handgun proof of residency.

      I then called Jan from ATF and she also agree that it is a government issued document for federal 4473 purposes.

      I would say start using them boys and girls! Time to edit the cheat sheet.
      www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

      Comment

      • #63
        TestaRossa
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 60

        Ok so I'm a permanent resident(alien), I have a CA DL with my name and current address, and credit card statements with my name and current address. To fulfill for CA DROS Requirements, I still need another form of proof correct?
        The problem is I currently don't have a car registration under my name, nor utility bills. Any suggestions?

        Comment

        • #64
          tenpercentfirearms
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Apr 2005
          • 13007

          Originally posted by TestaRossa
          Ok so I'm a permanent resident(alien), I have a CA DL with my name and current address, and credit card statements with my name and current address. To fulfill for CA DROS Requirements, I still need another form of proof correct?
          The problem is I currently don't have a car registration under my name, nor utility bills. Any suggestions?
          What kind of firearm are you buying? Handgun or long gun?

          For long guns, if you have three continuous months of credit card bills, you are good.

          For handguns, you would still need a government issued document with expiration date or a hard wire utility bill from the last 90 days. Basically you need something from this list. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dlrfaqs.php#33G
          www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

          Comment

          • #65
            TestaRossa
            Junior Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 60

            Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
            What kind of firearm are you buying? Handgun or long gun?

            For long guns, if you have three continuous months of credit card bills, you are good.

            For handguns, you would still need a government issued document with expiration date or a hard wire utility bill from the last 90 days. Basically you need something from this list. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dlrfaqs.php#33G

            It's a handgun. Would an AAA membership card work?

            Sent from my DROID X2

            Comment

            • #66
              Rudolf the Red
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2008
              • 1038

              I had a customer use an unusual document for his 4473 requirement.

              His California Brand Registration card. As in branding cattle. Gov't issued with address printed on a wallet card.
              sigpic
              NRA Benefactor Life Member
              01 Dealer Redding, CA
              US Army MP Corps Veteran
              Former NRA Pistol Coach Level 3

              I am always looking for Beretta D models in 9mm or a Compact Type M.

              Comment

              • #67
                tenpercentfirearms
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Apr 2005
                • 13007

                Originally posted by TestaRossa
                It's a handgun. Would an AAA membership card work?

                Sent from my DROID X2
                Is AAA a hard wired utility company or a government agency?
                www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

                Comment

                • #68
                  TestaRossa
                  Junior Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 60

                  Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
                  Is AAA a hard wired utility company or a government agency?
                  Don't think so but I've heard other people say it works, maybe I was mistaken. Guess the easiest way is to write up a rental lease agreement with my parents then.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    tenpercentfirearms
                    Vendor/Retailer
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 13007

                    Originally posted by TestaRossa
                    Don't think so but I've heard other people say it works, maybe I was mistaken. Guess the easiest way is to write up a rental lease agreement with my parents then.
                    You were probably not mistaken. People probably mistakenly thought AAA would work. I wouldn't accept it.
                    www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      TestaRossa
                      Junior Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 60

                      Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
                      You were probably not mistaken. People probably mistakenly thought AAA would work. I wouldn't accept it.
                      Well all in all thanks for clearing that up man!

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        EBR Works
                        Vendor/Retailer
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 10492

                        I had a client yesterday for a rifle transfer with a DL that did not have his current address and an auto reg that was expired by 1 day. He gave me an LA city DWP bill for POR. LA DWP is a govt utility right?


                        Check out our e-commerce site here:

                        www.ebrworks.com

                        Serving you from Prescott, AZ

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          kemasa
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 10706

                          As far as I know, the LA DWP is a government own utility.
                          Kemasa.
                          False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                          Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                          Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            EBR Works
                            Vendor/Retailer
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 10492

                            Thanks!


                            Check out our e-commerce site here:

                            www.ebrworks.com

                            Serving you from Prescott, AZ

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              almaster666
                              Member
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 403

                              Great thread, thanks for all the info!

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                EBR Works
                                Vendor/Retailer
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 10492

                                I received a handgun for a 21 year old buyer. Upon contacting him he stated that his DL does not have his current residence address but he has the updated paper temp DL along with the original. He also does not have any other documentation for POR.

                                Am I correct that I can accept the original DL along with the paper temp? Is this the "DMV printout" mentioned in the cheat sheet? Am I correct that he can get his auto registration updated with his name and he will be good to go?

                                Clarify please.


                                Check out our e-commerce site here:

                                www.ebrworks.com

                                Serving you from Prescott, AZ

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1