I woulda said "When you find one, bring her in". I hate discounts or coupons though, makes me feel poor and cheap. Even if it's a valid coupon that says "Buy one get one free, or 20% off" I won't use it, because it's too embarrassing for me. Good for the business, bad for my wallet, good for my self esteem. I dunno, I just get all self conscience and just can't handle giving them the coupon because it makes me feel all "ugh". I only hate em because I can't force myself to use them, otherwise I'd have no issues with them.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Do I get a discount for that?
Collapse
X
-
Usually discounts are given to certain targeted groups to get their business which you may otherwise not have and for soldiers, always give discount; they offer their lives to keep us free. Police get discounts for similar reasons.Why is anyone worthy of a discount? Why does a soldier think they are above everyone else and deserve or are entitled to a discount? If they aren't, then why are they trying to use their position as leverage?
Should I give teachers a discount? Medical professionals? Dentists? School crossing guards? Why?_____________________________________________
South Coast Outdoorsman
2736 E Chapman Ave
Orange CA 92869
714-532-4867
T - F (11 - 7pm) Sat (10 - 5pm) - closed Sun & Mon
_____________________________________________Comment
-
because soldiers give their lives to defend YOUR freedom. I was a disabled vet at the age of 25! i don't expect a discount for my service but it is always nice when i do get one and as a volunteer force..... what the hell is a LEO?Comment
-
sounds like you are venting a bit...AARP, AAA, and a whole host of others advertise member discounts as a benefit to signing up...therefore, it seems reasonable to ask a merchant if a discount applies before making a purchase...People are so cheap these days. I'm a member of AARP, do I get a discount? I bought a case of your [cheapest] ammo, do I get a discount on a gun purchase? I'm in the military, do I get a discount on my transfer? I'm a [insert organization] member, do I get a discount? If I buy 2 boxes of ammo can I get a discount? Your mom gave me a BJ in high school, do I get a discount?
Seriously. It bugs me. Hear it all day, every day. With all the discounts I should be giving, I guess people think I'm in the discount business.
Just venting. Anyone else bombarded with discount requests or am I just a magnet for cheapskates?
besides, things are tough out there for most, if not all...why not ask if there is a discount? there may be, and you wouldnt know unless you asked...vendors, too, have taken drastic steps in the discount departement in an effort to attract/retain customers...
also, haggling (to some cultures) is an integral part of the purchase process...Comment
-
-
A lot of LEO's are fresh out of the military Just a FYI.Comment
-
-
Discounts, sales, specials, etc are a part of business. Think how many businesses take advantage of the concept.
Times are tough for everyone. As a business, offering a sale or discount may keep you above water and in the black. Does that mean you have to lose $$ by offering a discount? No way!
I offer a 10% discount to anyone who can mention calguns or type calguns into the discount field on my website. It's just a part of normal business. And I'm more than happy to help out a fellow calgunner.
Sometimes I think that Adam tries to help too much and some people try to take advantage of that....Robert...
Military Surplus, Hiking, Outdoor Gear, Camping Gear and Gifts for all occasions!
http://www.OutfittersSurplus-Gifts.com
Like Us On Facebook: For Specials and Giveaways!
Local Hikes and Outings:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=388930
Check out the Riverside/Inland Empire Roll-Call Thread!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=137427Comment
-
If it bothers you so much, just hang a sign in your shop that reads: "NO DISCOUNTS, SO DON'T BOTHER ASKING""People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous" - Edmund Burke (1777)Comment
-
_____________________________________________
South Coast Outdoorsman
2736 E Chapman Ave
Orange CA 92869
714-532-4867
T - F (11 - 7pm) Sat (10 - 5pm) - closed Sun & Mon
_____________________________________________Comment
-
-
My retail discount policy is; if you ask for a discount, I bring up the list price and knock 10% off. That is when the customer looks at me confused and says "but that is more than what you are asking for". Exactly, I already discount the products, more than 10%, the only time I don't lower the price below list is if MAP is the list price or the profit margin is too thin._____________________________________________
South Coast Outdoorsman
2736 E Chapman Ave
Orange CA 92869
714-532-4867
T - F (11 - 7pm) Sat (10 - 5pm) - closed Sun & Mon
_____________________________________________Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,597
Posts: 25,149,608
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28253 users online. 132 members and 28121 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment