Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1 in 30 After July 1st 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    KOVERT
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Aug 2020
    • 290

    Originally posted by bugsy714
    That is a negative

    .......
    Any clarification on this? Need to know if I can DROS 2 complete lowers at the same time post July 1.

    Dictated but not read, voice typing plus bad eyes equals typos

    Anyone have a final answer on this?
    KOVERT* High-End and Luxury Firearms
    World's Largest Atlas Gunworks Dealer
    Taran Tactical Distributor and More!
    FFL07/02 - Irvine, California
    Call or Text 949.490.0305
    By Appointment Only
    www.kovertprojects.com

    Comment

    • #17
      bugsy714
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 2418

      Originally posted by iliveinhope
      What about if I started a DROS for a semiautomatic centerfire rifle on 6/29/2021 (before July 1st 2021). On 7/5/2021, I start a DROS application for a semiautomatic pistol. Am I breaking the new law? Does the 1 in 30 timer starts on July 1st or does it retroactively counting applications before 7/1.

      Should not be a problem this applies to purchases made after the law takes effect


      Dictated but not read, voice typing plus bad eyes equals typos
      dictated but not read

      Voice typing will butcher whatever I was trying to say

      Comment

      • #18
        bugsy714
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 2418

        Originally posted by portside_gunner
        Anyone have a final answer on this?
        dictated but not read

        Voice typing will butcher whatever I was trying to say

        Comment

        • #19
          ronlglock
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • May 2011
          • 2670

          Originally posted by iliveinhope
          What about if I started a DROS for a semiautomatic centerfire rifle on 6/29/2021 (before July 1st 2021). On 7/5/2021, I start a DROS application for a semiautomatic pistol. Am I breaking the new law? Does the 1 in 30 timer starts on July 1st or does it retroactively counting applications before 7/1.

          Did you start the second one less than 30 days after the previous one? If yes, the second one may be rejected since the law is pretty clear that you cannot make an application to purchase within 30 days of another one.

          But as others have said, we won’t know until we know.
          Last edited by ronlglock; 06-30-2021, 1:36 PM.
          sigpic

          NRA/USCCA/DOJ instructor, NRA CRSO, Journalist

          Comment

          • #20
            GunGuy1959
            Junior Member
            • May 2016
            • 79

            Semi auto rimfire exempt?

            Comment

            • #21
              ronlglock
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • May 2011
              • 2670

              Originally posted by GunGuy1959
              Semi auto rimfire exempt?
              26835 Section 2.1 (a) (8): “NO person shall make an application to purchase more than one handgun or semiautomatic centerfire rifle within any 30-day period and no delivery shall be made to any person who has made an application to purchase more than one handgun or SEMIAUTOMATIC CENTERFIRE RIFLE within any 30-day period.”
              Last edited by ronlglock; 07-01-2021, 2:19 PM.
              sigpic

              NRA/USCCA/DOJ instructor, NRA CRSO, Journalist

              Comment

              • #22
                iliveinhope
                Junior Member
                • Mar 2017
                • 54

                Interesting development on this from another thread. Thoughts?

                Comment

                • #23
                  ronlglock
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • May 2011
                  • 2670

                  Originally posted by iliveinhope
                  Interesting development on this from another thread. Thoughts?

                  https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1728917
                  Yup. They claim it's by accident but I wonder how long it will take to fix the accident?
                  sigpic

                  NRA/USCCA/DOJ instructor, NRA CRSO, Journalist

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    ugimports
                    Vendor/Retailer
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 6251

                    Other DOJ screwup:
                    Here are the 1-30 exemptions for an "Exempt Handgun Purchase" - such as one used for a Single Shot Pistol or Single Action Revolver:


                    Here's what is available for a "C&R Handgun Purchase"


                    Not sure why, but those should line up. Likewise, it appears that Federal LEO are no longer 1-in-30 exempt. Maybe they weren't supposed to be, but I thought they were.

                    ETA: I don't know why they didn't fix "Exempt Handgun" to allow for the FFL03+COE exemption instead of forcing us to use C&R Handgun sale either. They were already making updates/new fields... I guess we shouldn't be surprised CA DOJ botched this up.
                    UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                    Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                    web​ / email / vendor forum

                    I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                    Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      BONECUTTER
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 2263

                      Originally posted by ugimports
                      Not sure why, but those should line up. Likewise, it appears that Federal LEO are no longer 1-in-30 exempt. Maybe they weren't supposed to be, but I thought they were.
                      Feds are not 1 in 30 exempt and can not be 10 wait exempt either.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        ugimports
                        Vendor/Retailer
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 6251

                        Originally posted by BONECUTTER
                        Feds are not 1 in 30 exempt and can not be 10 wait exempt either.
                        Good to know.. for some reason I thought they were 1-in-30... 10 day wait exempt I knew didn't work for them...
                        UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                        Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                        web​ / email / vendor forum

                        I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                        Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          ugimports
                          Vendor/Retailer
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 6251

                          This does not just effect lowers.. I tried a test DROS for 2 semi-auto shotguns..

                          same issue. basically any 2 long guns (or I suspect 1 handgun 1 long gun) will run into this current bug...it's odd... it's almost like they don't bother testing.....

                          oops, I posted in wrong thread..in any case...helpful here too...the current bug seems to impact all multi long gun transactions...

                          ETA: I just did a test...any combination of handgun+longgun or >1 longgun appears to be impacted
                          UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                          Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                          web​ / email / vendor forum

                          I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                          Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            XxWoodsHunterxX
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 1698

                            1:30 reject for a dealer sale when customer did a PPT 10days ago. I thought PPT were exempt from 1:30


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Rakso
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2019
                              • 1323

                              Originally posted by XxWoodsHunterxX
                              1:30 reject for a dealer sale when customer did a PPT 10days ago. I thought PPT were exempt from 1:30


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Dealer doesn't know the law. Do business somewhere else.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                taperxz
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Feb 2010
                                • 19395

                                Originally posted by Rakso
                                Dealer doesn't know the law. Do business somewhere else.
                                Um, HE IS THE DEALER. This is an FFL forum after all.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1