Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1 in 30 After July 1st 2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kestryll
    Head Janitor
    • Oct 2005
    • 21613

    1 in 30 After July 1st 2021

    While I'm sure most of you already know this we have had a few FFL's reach out with questions about how this new version applies to PPTs and if they are still exempt. I figure it can't hurt to post this.

    I'd like to thank Chuck Michel, Matt Cuberio and Michel and Assoc. for their help in figuring this out. They do yeoman's duty daily working for 2A.APPLICATION TO PURCHASEapplication to purchase more than one handgun or semiautomatic centerfire rifle within any 30-day period. This subdivision does not authorize a person to make an application to purchase both a handgun and semiautomatic centerfire rifle within the same 30-day period.

    (b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following:
    .
    .
    (8) Any transaction conducted through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 28050).


    CHAPTER 5. Procedure For a Private Party Firearms Transaction [28050 - 28070]
    28050. *
    (a) A person shall complete any sale, loan, or transfer of a firearm through a person licensed pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, in accordance with this chapter in order to comply with Section 27545.
    (b) The seller or transferor or the person loaning the firearm shall deliver the firearm to the dealer who shall retain possession of that firearm.
    (c) The dealer shall then deliver the firearm to the purchaser or transferee or the person being loaned the firearm, if it is not prohibited, in accordance with Section 27540.
    (d) If the dealer cannot legally deliver the firearm to the purchaser or transferee or the person being loaned the firearm, the dealer shall forthwith, without waiting for the conclusion of the waiting period described in Sections 26815 and 27540, return the firearm to the transferor or seller or the person loaning the firearm. The dealer shall not return the firearm to the seller or transferor or the person loaning the firearm when to do so would constitute a violation of Section 27500, 27505, 27515, 27520, 27525, 27530, or 27535. If the dealer cannot legally return the firearm to the transferor or seller or the person loaning the firearm, then the dealer shall forthwith deliver the firearm to the sheriff of the county or the chief of police or other head of a municipal police department of any city or city and county, who shall then dispose of the firearm in the manner provided by Sections 18000, 18005, and 34000.
    sigpic NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA Life Member / SAF Life Member
    Calguns.net an incorported entity - President.
    The Calguns Shooting Sports Assoc. - Vice President.
    The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
    DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
    Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
  • #2
    anthracite
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2020
    • 996

    Thank you for posting this.

    I knew this change was coming, but for some reason I originally interpreted it as a separate 1 in 30 timer for each handguns and long guns, not that they were on the same 1 in 30 timer.

    27535. (a) A person shall not make an application to purchase more than one handgun or semiautomatic centerfire rifle within any 30-day period. This subdivision does not authorize a person to make an application to purchase both a handgun and semiautomatic centerfire rifle within the same 30-day period.
    Have any Real Estate and/or Mortgage related questions? Over 15 years of Residential, Commercial, Investment, Management, & Land Experience. Primarily help Veterans. Shoot me a PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      Featureless
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Mar 2018
      • 2267

      Is that also a restriction on sellers?
      California Native
      Lifelong Gun Owner
      NRA Member
      CRPA Member

      ....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

      Declaration of Independence, 1776

      Comment

      • #4
        sfe187
        Banned
        • Sep 2016
        • 1770

        Originally posted by Featureless
        Is that also a restriction on sellers?
        Negative.

        Comment

        • #5
          microwaveguy
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2009
          • 2289

          I would have to dig some but I though those with C&R and COE have an exemption?
          Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.

          Beware of people who are certain they are right. That certainty allows them to justify almost any act in pursuit of their goals. ( Jack campbell , Guardian)

          Comment

          • #6
            sfe187
            Banned
            • Sep 2016
            • 1770

            Originally posted by microwaveguy
            I would have to dig some but I though those with C&R and COE have an exemption?
            Correct.

            Comment

            • #7
              medicdubs96
              Member
              • May 2018
              • 131

              Would this apply to rifle frames, receivers(complete or stripped)?

              Comment

              • #8
                bugsy714
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 2418

                Originally posted by medicdubs96
                Would this apply to rifle frames, receivers(complete or stripped)?

                If they are transferred at semi automatic then yes


                Dictated but not read, voice typing plus bad eyes equals typos
                dictated but not read

                Voice typing will butcher whatever I was trying to say

                Comment

                • #9
                  ugimports
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 6251

                  Originally posted by bugsy714
                  If they are transferred at semi automatic then yes


                  Dictated but not read, voice typing plus bad eyes equals typos
                  Why? They are not rifles. No caliber is chosen. How does DOJ know they are not 22LR?

                  Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                  Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                  web​ / email / vendor forum

                  I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                  Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    RollsRoy
                    Member
                    • Jan 2014
                    • 255

                    Originally posted by ugimports
                    Why? They are not rifles. No caliber is chosen. How does DOJ know they are not 22LR?

                    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    Any clarification on this? Need to know if I can DROS 2 complete lowers at the same time post July 1.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      bugsy714
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 2418

                      Originally posted by RollsRoy
                      Any clarification on this? Need to know if I can DROS 2 complete lowers at the same time post July 1.
                      dictated but not read

                      Voice typing will butcher whatever I was trying to say

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ugimports
                        Vendor/Retailer
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 6251

                        Originally posted by bugsy714
                        That is a negative

                        They are transferred as semi automatic multi caliber according to the FFL‘s I have spoken with just do it before July 1


                        Dictated but not read, voice typing plus bad eyes equals typos
                        Not sure what FFLs you go to. Let me know where you see Multi Caliber on the DROS screen:

                        or


                        Honestly, I wouldn't trust an FFL that doesn't know what's on the DROS screen for a receiver. Sounds like they don't know what they are doing. Given the screenshot above how does DOJ know you are not making a 22LR Semi-Auto rifle?

                        However, if you have FFLs unwilling to transfer you lowers due to 1-in-30, I'm sorry. You are still restricted by whatever they deem their policy is.
                        Last edited by ugimports; 06-21-2021, 10:35 PM.
                        UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                        Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                        web​ / email / vendor forum

                        I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                        Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ugimports
                          Vendor/Retailer
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 6251

                          Originally posted by RollsRoy
                          Any clarification on this? Need to know if I can DROS 2 complete lowers at the same time post July 1.
                          Not sure what clarification you want. I only know what I read in the PC saying Semi-Auto Centerfire Rifles. A lower is never a Semi-Auto Centerfire Rifle. If it was I'd have to worry about AW laws, but somehow I don't...because they are not Semi-Auto Centerfire Rifles..

                          I could be wrong and DOJ does some underground regulation stuff.., but I fail to see how a receiver can be treated as a rifle.

                          I transfer Ruger 10/22 and clone frames frequently. Look at my screenshot above.. How would DOJ know the difference between those and an Aero that you were building a 22LR AR out of?

                          I don't see it, but bugsy714's FFL contacts see something I don't I guess.
                          UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                          Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                          web​ / email / vendor forum

                          I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                          Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Djantlive
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2021
                            • 612

                            Get all the new guns at the same time before July 1 if you want to save on DROs and not have to buy one at a time 30 days apart. This applies to any DROs, pistol or long gun.

                            I am getting 3 tomorrow. There is a shortage on lowers at online places like sportsman’s. Waiting for 2 weeks and I’m going to get mine at a local shop for a little more $ instead of sportsman’s.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              iliveinhope
                              Junior Member
                              • Mar 2017
                              • 54

                              What about if I started a DROS for a semiautomatic centerfire rifle on 6/29/2021 (before July 1st 2021). On 7/5/2021, I start a DROS application for a semiautomatic pistol. Am I breaking the new law? Does the 1 in 30 timer starts on July 1st or does it retroactively counting applications before 7/1.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1