Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just a reminder to all LEO's here

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Notorious
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 4703

    Not even all over the IE, just the high desert from what I heard.
    I like guns

    Comment

    • #47
      Samuelx
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 1558

      Hey Falconis, sorry for drifting/hijacking!

      most recent bulletin on my home computer is a .pdf with examples of sovereign extremists identifications from August 2011 - you have that one? I'll try to remember to check my work computer tomorrow...

      Comment

      • #48
        c3 rolling
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 726

        Stopped one of them in the city of Tujunga about a year ago. He didnt have his license on him and he kept stating " I'm traveling, not driving. I dont need a license" . I ran him and his cal-op came back suspended so I impounded his ride for 30 days. During the whole encounter he kept repeating that he was traveling and that I dont have the legal right to impound his car. I checked his car and found nothing of interest. The next week in roll call we get warned of a SC that resides in Tujunga that was stopped by Glendale PD with a loaded H&K .45, rope, and camo gear in his trunk. I look at the picture and turns out its the same guy. A few months later I guess there was a warrant search at his residence and there was a loaded AR15 on a bipod pointing outside his apartment balcony. During my contact it was obvious he was missing a few screws. Everyone thinks I'm the one that set him off, be safe out there guys and gals.
        Last edited by c3 rolling; 02-29-2012, 2:35 AM.

        Comment

        • #49
          garplay
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 90

          Back to the original thread as well, as a non-cop:

          To me, the "Sovereign Citizens" types rhetoric and behavior sound a lot like Terry Nichols and Timothy McVeigh. The disturbing thing to me is that these groups have been OFF the FBI radar for a while.

          Comment

          • #50
            TheExpertish
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 3451

            Originally posted by garplay
            Back to the original thread as well, as a non-cop:

            To me, the "Sovereign Citizens" types rhetoric and behavior sound a lot like Terry Nichols and Timothy McVeigh. The disturbing thing to me is that these groups have been OFF the FBI radar for a while.
            Those two were very much SC and brought the movement into the spotlight for a while. You're right that they haven't been as prevalent, but I would disagree that they've been off the FBI radar. No one is ever off. This is big brother and they see evvvveerryyyyyythinggggggggg.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by starsnuffer
            It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

            Comment

            • #51
              Falconis
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2008
              • 1688

              Hey SamX, no worries bro. Just wanted to do some info sharing here on these guys. Just wanted to keep this in the minds of LEO's who may run into these nutbags in the future. Just worries me everytime some so called idiot decides he wants to up the game.

              As to SFperson's post, there was nothing political in that post. Just statements of facts which are backed up by admissions from SC'ers. Unless you can be like garplay, please refrain from posting useless information. Start another post in OT if you like. As stated before, this thread was started for LE information sharing since we are the ones that have to deal with them in an official capacity. If you glean any useful information, fantastic. If you have something useful to add, by all means, we all welcome you. Other than that, no need for your personal feelings.

              Comment

              • #52
                Doheny
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2008
                • 13820

                In January a SC type tried pass through security at Orange County Airport using SC identification; a few weeks ago a stop was made by a Huntington Beach police officer in which the driver presented the officer with SC I.D. rather than a CDL. Those are just a couple of examples that ended with no one getting hurt.

                The SC movement isn't just another militia with a fancy name. They publicly state that they are not bound by existing law and some, as in the story in the OP (and video below), will use violence to make their case.

                The below video is narrated by the gentleman who's shown in the picture in the OP. He’s also the chief of police and father of one of the officers that was killed.


                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_y-gLm9Hrw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

                .
                Last edited by Doheny; 02-29-2012, 1:14 PM.
                Sent from Free America

                Comment

                • #53
                  BigDogatPlay
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 7362

                  Originally posted by c3 rolling
                  Everyone thinks I'm the one that set him off,
                  You saying you weren't?
                  -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

                  Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

                  Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    retired
                    Administrator
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 9412

                    Originally posted by Falconis
                    As stated before, this thread was started for LE information sharing since we are the ones that have to deal with them in an official capacity. If you glean any useful information, fantastic. If you have something useful to add, by all means, we all welcome you. Other than that, no need for your personal feelings.
                    This.^ If you are not an active or retired leo, then please follow this request or just don't post. If you have questions related to the SC movement and are on topic, then by all means, post those questions in a civil manner and I'm sure one of the active or retired leos will respond to try and answer them.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      tahoetarga
                      Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 269

                      I too stopped one of these guys in the 80's...riding a motorcycle without a plate. Gave me the whole spiel about not needing a CDL, registration, insurance, blah blah blah. Tow truck and a trip to county jail solved the immediate problem. Never went to court with him, so I don't know what ultimately happened...

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Bobby Ricigliano
                        Mit Gott und Mauser
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 17439

                        Originally posted by tahoetarga
                        I too stopped one of these guys in the 80's...riding a motorcycle without a plate. Gave me the whole spiel about not needing a CDL, registration, insurance, blah blah blah. Tow truck and a trip to county jail solved the immediate problem. Never went to court with him, so I don't know what ultimately happened...

                        Hopefully he took a wrong turn on the way to the impound yard and fell off the face of the Earth.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Falconis
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 1688

                          The latest news and headlines from Yahoo! News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Samuelx
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 1558

                            Video wouldn't play for me but I thought the first rule of secret militias is you don't talk about secret militias!

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              Falconis
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 1688

                              I would say try to get the video to play. It has some poignant clips in it on why these guys aren't all about peace and being left alone.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                DNA
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 1517

                                Speaking of Sovereign Citizens, has anyone noticed a uptick in field contacts with these guys lately (Los Angeles area, South Bay)?

                                Feel free to contact me via PM if you're concerned about OpSec.


                                Dan
                                Originally posted by bigmike82
                                That doesn't matter.

                                If you believe in Liberty, you should believe it for everyone, not simply those whom you agree with.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1