Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just a reminder to all LEO's here

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    rudeboy3
    Member
    • May 2010
    • 364

    We have quite a bit up here(even mentions a big incident in the article) and always good to have a reminder.

    Comment

    • #32
      Falconis
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 1688

      Hey Stormvet, I know agencies and areas differ greatly as do the interactions with LE and the public. But what would you suggest that cops do with the attacks and ambushes becoming more frequent and more violent? I can also get into the stats of how many of these guys have military backgrounds more and more frequently as well.

      I do agree the rules of engagement are different, but that doesn't mean tactics and due caution can't be taken from some of the military manuals when it means that the good guys get to go home.

      and yes, exploding zombies are more fun

      Comment

      • #33
        hitman13
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2007
        • 3793

        Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
        I refer to them as the "AM I BEING DETAINED??" crowd.
        Except that that is a huge difference in "am I being detained" and "what authority do you have to detain me"?

        Comment

        • #34
          Notorious
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2008
          • 4703

          Wait until the SC crowd starts open carrying!
          I like guns

          Comment

          • #35
            Cowboy T
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2010
            • 5725

            Originally posted by Falconis
            As far as petey bush up there, I would say grow up a little. Bad cops get fired and jailed very often. But like everybody else, you need evidence against them. Not just a hunch or a feeling. If all cops were as bad as you and some people here think they were, do you think anything would ever be found out? Or found out as often as it is. Where do you think the media gets their reports? It's usually from internal documents made public. Just let me know when you wanna pay up and carry the militarization of police banner. Nobody said anyone was better than anyone else petey. seek and destroy probably isn't the best of terms to use on a public forum, but it is still the right message. part of serving the public is doing just what was said when relating to bad people.
            Right...just like Kevin Flanagan did to Julian Alexander?

            All cops don't need to be bad, and I don't see anyone here claiming that *all* are. But, sadly, enough are. Remember, you folks are granted legal authority to use lethal force against someone. If you're going to choose to accept that authority, then the Constitution needs to be at the forefront of everything--*EVERYTHING*--that you do. This "I don't have time for that Constitution bulls---" attitude of too many cops is a disgrace to this nation and to your profession.

            Originally posted by Falconis
            As far as unconstitutional policies, it's been hammered here ad nauseum. So I'll tell you what was told to me when I first joined this forum. Try the search button.
            And I'll tell you what I learned from my parents. When you make a promise, you keep it. Your promise, which you *chose* to make, was to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. Now do it, every day, with every act you take. And as long as there are cops who don't honor that promise--that oath--we will continue to hammer it here and elsewhere. And we will continue to see prosecutions of officers who abrogate that oath.
            "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
            F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
            http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
            http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
            http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
            ----------------------------------------------------
            To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

            Comment

            • #36
              Bodei
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2011
              • 59

              Originally posted by biochembruin

              And you have the same legal authority to use force against someone as the police.
              +1 (plus you have many of the same powers to arrest and detain)

              Comment

              • #37
                Samuelx
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 1558

                People complaining about crooked cops (including complaining about the "hordes" of cops who don't protect and defend the US constitution) remind me of Nordberg reacting to getting wet paint on his jacket after he's already been perforated by a volley of bullets (i.e. there are much bigger and widespread problems in society than LEOs who don't meet your list of characteristics for a perfect cop or interpret the constitution/statutes/codes differently than you):



                And to mangle a Chris Rock bit - when I go to the money machine at night, I ain't worrying about some anti-2A cop coming up to jack me...

                Last edited by Samuelx; 02-27-2012, 4:00 PM.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Falconis
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 1688

                  Hey Cowboy, I don't know you nor do you know me, and I think it's very insulting of you to insinuate what I, or any other cop here does or doesn't do. I do take my oath seriously as do many cops here, and just because we may not do what you feel is right or necessary does not make you right or us wrong.

                  You are more than entitled to your opinion, but don't think for a second that you are correct every second of the minute. I have no idea what you do to do whatever it is that you profess to do, but I challenge you to do whatever it is with the same amount of work that we do such as collecting evidence as opposed to caving into your own opinions or the will of the mob. I've heard your type of speech and rhetoric before, and I for one am not impressed.

                  When it comes to use of force, you better damn believe that any cop worth their salt takes a lot of things into consideration. Just because you don't hear about things or know anything more than the person sitting next to you, doesnt mean you have all the facts. Take that into consideration next time you "want a cop's job" or want to unnecessarily hammer someone.

                  But Bioc pretty much hit it on the head. There are things we all disagree with and would like to see changed. That doesn't mean it's a cop's job to wax your car cause your tax dollars pay his salary. But it's also because of that reason that we are here on this board for the most part.

                  So go ahead and hammer away at whatever you like. It doesn't mean that you are correct in your assumptions or that it should be done wherever you like.

                  BTW, thanks for not starting a seperate topic on your opinion in another section that would have been more appropriate. Thanks also for adding useless information to this topic. Guess common courtesy isn't anywhere in your agenda?
                  Last edited by Falconis; 02-27-2012, 5:46 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Gnome
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 1693

                    Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                    Why are non LEO's posting here? I don't need to hear about what you heard from your cop buddy or what you saw on your ride along. The thread was started as a LEO to LEO heads up about watching out for SC's. It seems like every LEO thread gets jacked by non-LEO's who feel that their opinions on such matters are relevant or needed.

                    They aren't.
                    Originally posted by Bodei
                    Trolls go home!
                    Originally posted by biochembruin
                    This. The OP clearly directed this thread to law enforcement officers. This is not Off Topic.
                    Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                    My comments about LEO's only posting to this thread were more for the fact that the OP was warning about potential violent encounters with SC's.

                    This is a very real threat as the threat exists every day with every traffic stop. We are not talking about exploding zombie targets and post apocalyptic survival fantasies.
                    I've often wondered why Calguns.net (Kestryll) doesn't make the "Calguns LEOs" forum private, and require yearly LE verification (Current/Retired Department Credentials), for access. Other sites (AR15.com, M4Carbine.net, PoliceOne.com, etc) have private LE rooms where LE can discuss topics, tactics, etc, without cop bashers chiming in.

                    A Calguns Moderator has publicly chastised a member for his Anti-LE statements on here. The Mod said he has heard from non-Calguns members, that Calguns is known as a Cop Hater forum.

                    Originally posted by E Pluribus Unum
                    During Y2K my neighbor and I were talking and he said he had a basement full of water and canned food. He asked if I had stocked up and I said that I had. I told him I bought a 12 guage shotgun, a .308 rifle and several bricks of .22 ammo.

                    He is an anti-gun guy and he said. "Well, you can't eat ammunition". I replied with "When I'm starving to death with a case of ammunition, who's door do you think I am going to knock on?"

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Notorious
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 4703

                      It ain't that bad... I'm glad I am here. Ran into an old friend and met some nice people on this forum.
                      I like guns

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        BigDogatPlay
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 7362

                        [thread drift]

                        Originally posted by Gnome
                        Other sites (AR15.com, M4Carbine.net, PoliceOne.com, etc) have private LE rooms where LE can discuss topics, tactics, etc, without cop bashers chiming in.
                        And I would submit that building walls is, in some cases, part of the problem between the police and the public at large.

                        A Calguns Moderator has publicly chastised a member for his Anti-LE statements on here. The Mod said he has heard from non-Calguns members, that Calguns is known as a Cop Hater forum.
                        The mods across Calguns.net do, I think, a pretty good job keeping things between the foul lines. And there is always that head janitor guy lurking around. And I can tell you that they are willing to correct anyone, LEO or otherwise, who takes a thread off the tracks and into the ditch.

                        Maybe it is a cop hater forum and maybe it isn't. In my own experience the 'cop hate' seems to most often come from the same group of people. Whatever... it's an internet discussion forum, people exchange views and ideas. That's one of the benefits and pitfalls of living in a free society.

                        [/thread drift]
                        -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

                        Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

                        Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Samuelx
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 1558

                          I have mixed emotions. I would love to see a (more) "secure" area with a verification process like another website I'm a member of (not O.com - that zoo, and not P1 - too many non-LEOs and/or clueless LEOs there) primarily to share sensitive and or tactical information (without compromising officer safety or getting drive bys from the ignorant or anti-LE crowds) but I realize that I'm a guest here and it's not Burger King. If I get fed up, I can always change the channel. The few people I've met face to face and have transacted with have all been pretty cool and like Notorious, it was great to re-contact an old buddy too!

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Notorious
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2008
                            • 4703

                            Saw a few old faces this weekend, Sammy. We talked about you a bit.
                            I like guns

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Samuelx
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 1558

                              Grab your hoodlum friends and come work out! (please give them my regards next time you see them)

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Falconis
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 1688

                                anyhow, to try and get back on track, so these guys are big in the inland empire and down south in general I take it. anywhere else they are gathering?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1