Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Keep fighting the good fight

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Notorious
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 4703

    Originally posted by biochembruin
    You and your "us vs them, put down the serfs, elitist" mentality!!!
    Honestly, it only irks those who have that hate for us anyway... when I wasn't a cop, I never begrudged cops for being different and having different privileges of the job. That just comes with the territory.

    It's the haters and wannabes and never-will-bes who hate on us for having those privileges while they wish they could too. Jealousy breeds the worst kind of hatred.

    It's like someone said, if I make a general statement which is not directed to you and you get offended by it, then maybe it does apply to you after all.
    I like guns

    Comment

    • #17
      Jack L
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2010
      • 1721

      Originally posted by Notorious
      Remember, we get to CCW in this state and buy off-list pistols with standard capacity magazines. Teehee!
      These are privileges LEOs earned by walking the walk. If the public also wants them, let them go to school, train and step into a position that they too can enjoy them. It all comes with a cost. No one rides for free.

      Comment

      • #18
        veeklog
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2006
        • 1040

        Originally posted by topgun7
        I have served proudly for 25 years. I have been sued a few times. Been complained a few times. Commended a few times. Shot at a few times. I have survived to this point and have 1,407 days left.

        It has been a good career. I just let them vent, and I go on my own merry way. I just feel sorry for the people always live with negative mind set.
        Amen, brother! I love what I do, and it has been one hell of a roller coaster the past thirteen years. At this point in my life I don't think I could do anything else. That being said, except for my close friends and family, I rarely tell people what I do anymore. Too many people are quick to pass judgement and voice negative experiences/displeasure with law enforcement. After I get home from work the last thing I want to hear is a ear-full of crap from people because I am human and have a life outside of work.

        Comment

        • #19
          1911su16b870
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2006
          • 7654

          I have really enjoyed my time here on calguns, especially the LE sub-forum, seeing what other people are doing with OLLs, 80% receivers, the technical and CA law firearm aspects.

          I believe people post stuff anonymously on the internet that they would never say to your face. That reality coupled with envy or contempt or mixture of the both leads to the anti LE posts.

          Every day we wake up and fight the good fight.
          "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

          NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
          GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
          Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
          I instruct it if you shoot it.

          Comment

          • #20
            Notorious
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2008
            • 4703

            Preach on, brother!!!
            I like guns

            Comment

            • #21
              fullrearview
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2008
              • 9371

              Originally posted by Tacit Blue
              I want a off list XDM It's not a ' Safe Pistol' too many rds. What did i ever do to deserve this? I pay my DROS fees to the DOJ.
              It sucks, but until we strike down the law we must follow it. I think it's safe to say that all the cops here have no issues with you getting a XDM if you want one, as long as you are not a dirtbag... Even if you were, you would get one anyways right?

              BTW... You can get one through the single shot exemption... You know that right?
              "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

              Comment

              • #22
                Triad
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2008
                • 1684

                I really only pay attention to this sub-forum anymore, and even then I have to weed through a bit of bull**** these days. I don't really feel my opinion has a place anywhere else in the Calguns forum community.

                Frankly, the only reason I still come here is to read the opinions of some of the "old hands" here. For a new-ish cop it is helpful.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Tacit Blue
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 4134

                  Originally posted by fullrearview
                  It sucks, but until we strike down the law we must follow it. I think it's safe to say that all the cops here have no issues with you getting a XDM if you want one, as long as you are not a dirtbag... Even if you were, you would get one anyways right?

                  BTW... You can get one through the single shot exemption... You know that right?
                  The real reason has to due with money. The state wants to perform some micky mouse test; whether it be 'drop testing' .Seriously who drops a loaded gun? If the firearm goes off then you deserve it for being careless. They just want the manufacture to pay them off for bs testing to say a pistol is 'safe'. Anyways i'll end my rant...
                  Last edited by Tacit Blue; 05-13-2011, 2:28 PM.
                  "All that is complex is not useful. All that is useful is simple."
                  Mikhail Kalashnikov *...

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    biochembruin
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 822

                    Originally posted by Tacit Blue
                    ...Seriously who drops a loaded gun? If the firearm goes off then you deserve it for being careless....
                    You apparently have never slipped in a wet flood control channel responding to a man with a rifle call.
                    The thing to do, my friends, is to admit to your fate with Christian resignation and live bravely until your appointed time." - Lee Marvin, "The Spikes Gang"

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      BigDogatPlay
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 7362

                      Originally posted by biochembruin
                      You apparently have never slipped in a wet flood control channel responding to a man with a rifle call.


                      Or on wet grass, or been the victim of a less than ideal (AKA cheap) issued holster..... yeah, that was me.

                      Those who choose to not understand another's perspective or choose not to engage in a meaningful way are what and how they choose to be. I can't change that, and wouldn't try. I can choose to continue to try and bring insight to the discussion... or choose not to. The latter seems to work best when the applesauce gets deep.

                      As I've said elsewhere, I support the work of the foundation and what CGN stands for. If some people don't like me personally for some reason because I used to work as a LEO, their loss, not mine.
                      -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

                      Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

                      Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Coded-Dude
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 6705




                        Props to all you LEO's who do your job the way its supposed to be done! I commend and thank you. I have had very good and very bad interactions with law enforcement in my lifetime, but i respect what you do and don't hold a grudge against the entire organization for the misconduct of a few bad apples.
                        x2

                        Originally posted by Deadbolt
                        watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
                        Originally posted by Obama
                        Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Tacit Blue
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 4134

                          Originally posted by biochembruin
                          You apparently have never slipped in a wet flood control channel responding to a man with a rifle call.
                          No can't say i have lol. I could see how that would happen.That's acceptable, somewhat. Notice i said the word ' DROP' as defined by the DOJ's test. Where did this take place the L.A river?
                          Last edited by Tacit Blue; 05-13-2011, 4:27 PM.
                          "All that is complex is not useful. All that is useful is simple."
                          Mikhail Kalashnikov *...

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Tacit Blue
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 4134

                            Originally posted by BigDogatPlay


                            Or on wet grass, or been the victim of a less than ideal (AKA cheap) issued holster..... yeah, that was me.

                            Those who choose to not understand another's perspective or choose not to engage in a meaningful way are what and how they choose to be. I can't change that, and wouldn't try. I can choose to continue to try and bring insight to the discussion... or choose not to. The latter seems to work best when the applesauce gets deep.

                            As I've said elsewhere, I support the work of the foundation and what CGN stands for. If some people don't like me personally for some reason because I used to work as a LEO, their loss, not mine.
                            yeah i got owned by that response no doubt lol.
                            "All that is complex is not useful. All that is useful is simple."
                            Mikhail Kalashnikov *...

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              biochembruin
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 822

                              Originally posted by Tacit Blue
                              No can't say i have lol. I could see how that would happen.That's acceptable, somewhat. Notice i said the word ' DROP' as defined by the DOJ's test. Where did this take place the L.A river?
                              It was a tributary of the L.A River. Got 8 stitches for my trouble. No ND.
                              The thing to do, my friends, is to admit to your fate with Christian resignation and live bravely until your appointed time." - Lee Marvin, "The Spikes Gang"

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                oddjob
                                Senior Member
                                • Jan 2003
                                • 2399

                                I too have read all the anti LEO junk here. Anyways...What I thought would be fun would be to go the opposite direction.

                                In other words go with the LEO haters flow and carry it beyond. Especially with search and seizure questions. Example....With respect to "No Knock Warrants" (of which in my 31 years I've served zero of them) just say you served them all the time and they were fun. If they don't want to hear the truth (no knocks warrants being rare).....well I say turn it on them.

                                Lets face it.....going "off topic" on a Cal Guns thread is normal and somewhat encouraged!

                                *My Heine .45 fell out and it went across the entire street because the suspect or me kicked it at the same time I tackled him. We both were depressed.
                                Last edited by oddjob; 05-13-2011, 5:47 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1