Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Got pulled over for speeding-Two questions
Collapse
X
-
I have a dodge 2500 diesel, so it's not a rental vehicle. I have a 5" exhaust and that's why I find it amusing that I haven't been stopped yet.OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
CA DOJ Certified Instructor
Glock Certified ArmorerComment
-
The Coastal and Southern Divisions of the CHP enforce this law quite agressively actually. There is even a dedicated report used to investigate it (DMV 69). They even have special duty positions assigned to enforce and maintain the stats on it. (Foreign Vehicle Registration Unit).
6700. (a) V.C.: Except as provided in Section 6700.2, the owner of any
vehicle of a type otherwise subject to registration under this code,
other than a commercial vehicle registered in a foreign jurisdiction,
may operate the vehicle in this state until gainful employment is
accepted in this state or until residency is established in this
state, whichever occurs first, if the vehicle displays valid license
plates and has a valid registration issued to the owner, and the
owner was a resident of that state at the time of issuance.
Application to register the vehicle shall be made within 20 days
after gainful employment is accepted in this state or residency is
established in this state.
That is, you have 20 days to register your vehicle in CA after gaining employment, or residency.Comment
-
I have an OR DL still and I haven't been able to prove residency in CA yet and I'm not working. Was planning on going back to school but they say I'm a CA resident until mid 2010.OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
CA DOJ Certified Instructor
Glock Certified ArmorerComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,821
Posts: 25,152,030
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 10359 users online. 140 members and 10219 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.



Comment