Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ATF eForms

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sigstroker
    replied
    I'm nowhere near Prescott. "Local" to me means driving there and back for under ten bucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • EBR Works
    replied
    The company we used to frequent for engraving went belly up. I have these two now, both FFLs:

    LRK Mechanical - Prescott - He subs the work for curved surfaces out to a guy in Chino Valley - can do flat engraving on-site.

    Laser One Engraving - Black Canyon City - He does the work on-site.
    Last edited by EBR Works; 04-27-2022, 1:49 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • beanz2
    replied
    Originally posted by sigstroker
    I've asked around looking for an engraver locally. No joy. I'm going to have to ship mine off.
    Man, I'm taking 8 guns 7 hours south to have them engraved for cheap. Of course I was not there only for engraving.

    It can't be that bad in AZ, is it? When I was in CA, EBR Works had someone in Prescott engrave mine and it was really nice. Color filled and all.

    Leave a comment:


  • beanz2
    replied
    Originally posted by mej16489
    Thanks Beans... Are you sure their engraving meets the requirements? Or maybe there are only depth requirements for the Serial Number...

    I remember when they first got that machine setup for the Knights engravings. We shall see if the ever publish courses for the late summer and fall...
    ATF's requirement is that the letters are > 1/16" in height and 0.003" or more in depth. I make it a point to put those specs down when I bring the guns to the engraver. I like my engraving to be as small and tucked away as much as possible. I'm going to see if they can engrave it under the picatinny rail like Tar Heel State Firearms does. I'll bring them an example from THSF.

    The FS engraver has done an excellent job this last time around. The only thing is the engraver, Brendon Griffin, has now moved to Accounts Payable at FS and there is a new guy doing the engraving.

    Next month when I'm back at FS, I'll have him do two of the simple AR lowers and see how his work is. If it is good, I'll bring a bunch more to be done.

    Yea. I'm hoping FS would survive too. It's just too good to be true.

    Leave a comment:


  • mej16489
    replied
    Thanks Beans... Are you sure their engraving meets the requirements? Or maybe there are only depth requirements for the Serial Number...

    I remember when they first got that machine setup for the Knights engravings. We shall see if the ever publish courses for the late summer and fall...

    Leave a comment:


  • sigstroker
    replied
    I've asked around looking for an engraver locally. No joy. I'm going to have to ship mine off.

    Leave a comment:


  • beanz2
    replied
    Ok, so I submitted three more eForm 1’s yesterday, LMT MARS-L, Galil ACE 5.56 and a B&T KH9SD. It was the first month anniversary since my first eForm 4 submission. Let’s see which one comes back first, eForm 4 or eForm 1.

    mej16489, I’ll let you in on one secret. Front Sight does Form 1 engraving for dirt cheap if you’re a student. For a two-line engraving, your name / trust name, city and state, they only charge $14. And if you have Iggy Bucks 2.0 (post-Restructuring Front Sight Bucks, not the old FS Credit) it is basically less than $3 or $7 depending on when you paid. My local engraver charges $40 per gun.

    Leave a comment:


  • sigstroker
    replied
    Okay, I read some bad information then. I want to use a trust on anything I engrave, otherwise it doesn't matter a lot to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • mej16489
    replied
    Originally posted by sigstroker
    AZ. LOL, my understanding is a trust here requires a trustee that is not me, therefore with me as a responsible person, that's two total at a minimum. I could be wrong though.
    Incorrect, you can have a trust in AZ of which you are soley both the Trustee and sole responsible person. You may later amend the trust to include other responsible persons. Don't amend an in-progress trust.

    Leave a comment:


  • sigstroker
    replied
    Originally posted by beanz2
    A trust can have one or many responsible persons, but why burden the busy ATF agent unnecessarily?

    I thought you are in NV, sig?
    AZ. LOL, my understanding is a trust here requires a trustee that is not me, therefore with me as a responsible person, that's two total at a minimum. I could be wrong though.

    Leave a comment:


  • beanz2
    replied
    Originally posted by sigstroker
    I didn't know you could have just one person in a trust. Maybe NV trusts are different?
    A trust can have one or many responsible persons, but why burden the busy ATF agent unnecessarily?

    I thought you are in NV, sig?

    Leave a comment:


  • sigstroker
    replied
    I didn't know you could have just one person in a trust. Maybe NV trusts are different?

    Leave a comment:


  • beanz2
    replied
    Originally posted by sigstroker
    If your trust is buying the cans it could take longer, because they have to background check everyone on the trust and the trust itself.
    I’ve always applied for Form 1 or 4 under trusts, and my shortest wait was 8 days from submission to approval. All my trusts only have one responsible person at time of application. Others can be added later.

    This is where single item trusts are most useful in NV. Apply for the permit with one single responsible person, then amend the trust adding one or more trustees as needed. No need to notarize the amendment, just sign it.

    Leave a comment:


  • scout II
    replied
    [QUOTE=sigstroker;26844878]If your trust is buying the cans it could take longer, because they have to background check everyone on the trust and the trust itself.


    Mine is not a trust. I just bought the can from my FFL dealer. We did all the e-form work at his place and he mailed off the fingerprint cards the next day.
    I have plenty of threaded barreled guns with suppressor sights just waiting to hit the range with a new can.

    Leave a comment:


  • sigstroker
    replied
    Originally posted by scout II
    I am at about 114 days of waiting on an e-filed form 4 and an e-filed form 1. My FFL that did my e-form 4 said he did 9 others back in January and only got two back so far.
    If your trust is buying the cans it could take longer, because they have to background check everyone on the trust and the trust itself.

    Holy crap, so did I. It's been so long I forgot about it.

    I console myself be remembering I don't have anywhere to shoot it, nor do I any sights or optic on my .308, and my Blackout is all effed up. Geez, I have more unshootable guns than shootable guns.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1