Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AK builder Jedi master training (training complete)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 4thSBCT
    Banned
    • Mar 2009
    • 2047

    AK builder Jedi master training (training complete)

    While you guys were kissing pickles.....I was hard at work becoming a shoalin temple Jedi samurai sniper warrior....

    From Trash....




    To Cash......


    Last edited by 4thSBCT; 05-04-2011, 11:32 AM.
  • #2
    4thSBCT
    Banned
    • Mar 2009
    • 2047

    The top rails still need a little work but that will be easy....


    Comment

    • #3
      thedrickel
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2006
      • 5581

      Good luck with that.
      I hate people that are full of hate.

      It's not illegal to tip for PPT!

      Comment

      • #4
        gimmejr
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 1613

        Im a genuine E-thug, because talking s**t in person is dangerous.

        Comment

        • #5
          woodey
          Senior Member
          • May 2008
          • 913

          I knew some one was going to do that. $15 correct?

          Comment

          • #6
            fermi
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2010
            • 758

            APEX Gun Parts is your source for hard to find gun parts, parts kits, and accessories. We specialize in all military surplus weapons from AK-47s, AR-15s, Mausers, CETME, Enfields, UZIs, and much more! We set ourselves apart by supplying unique parts at a good value and standing by our products by offering outstanding customer service.
            Last edited by fermi; 05-03-2011, 8:04 PM. Reason: Found it
            WTB: Cut receiver or repair plates for Yugo Milled Fixed Stock AK (M70B1). Please PM me if you have some or know where to get them!

            Comment

            • #7
              My375hp302
              Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 460

              Wow, how did you manage that? I got one too and I found it impossible to get anywhere near that. I would up heating it up and beating it back into a flat to hang on the wall. I guess I could put it through my flat bender but why, the metal is so stressed what you'd wind up with would be half assed. Doesn't look like you used any heat. So how'd ya do it?
              Originally posted by JeffM
              The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

              Bad decisions by soldiers, officers, and politicians have lost wars, despite having "the same end result in mind" as the people who know better...

              100 idiots are still idiots despite being on "my side"

              Some people just don't understand that good ideas sometimes aren't.

              Guns don't kill criminals, would have been victims do.

              Comment

              • #8
                brantly04
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2010
                • 894

                That thing went from a s s y to classy

                Comment

                • #9
                  G lock
                  Member
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 469

                  Originally posted by My375hp302
                  Wow, how did you manage that? I got one too and I found it impossible to get anywhere near that. I would up heating it up and beating it back into a flat to hang on the wall. I guess I could put it through my flat bender but why, the metal is so stressed what you'd wind up with would be half assed. Doesn't look like you used any heat. So how'd ya do it?
                  He went to the darkside and used the force

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Alex$
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 1233

                    My homemade top rail bending tool:

                    fine hacksaw blade, saw a straight line 1/8" deep on the head of a bolt. Go deeper on different sides so you have more options to fit the particular bent rail you need to straighten.

                    Redneck? Maybe, but it works very well.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      bigbob76
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 3954

                      Originally posted by 4thSBCT
                      The top rails still need a little work but that will be easy....


                      Good job! I'm trying to think of a reason why I would want to do that.
                      If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        G lock
                        Member
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 469

                        how did you get the center support out without damaging the receiver?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          4thSBCT
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 2047

                          Originally posted by Alex$
                          My homemade top rail bending tool:

                          fine hacksaw blade, saw a straight line 1/8" deep on the head of a bolt. Go deeper on different sides so you have more options to fit the particular bent rail you need to straighten.

                          Redneck? Maybe, but it works very well.
                          I will have to try this...thanks

                          On the reverse side the center support was exposed I used dremel to cut it and it fell out. Then I could tap out the remaining pieces from the sides.

                          after the center support was out, I peeled the folded in side until it was 90 degrees I used some large screwdrivers and a backing sheet a metal. I then pressed it all over in small incriments in the press to flaten things out and then I ran it through the AK builder flat bender. It worked out pretty well.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            nicoroshi
                            www.Buildyourownak.info
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 3696

                            You have WAYYYYYYYY too much time on your hands 4th.

                            >>>>>My Build Your Own AK eBooks<<<<<

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              4thSBCT
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 2047

                              Originally posted by nicoroshi
                              You have WAYYYYYYYY too much time on your hands 4th.
                              seriously think of how much I could get done if I didn't spend half the time drinking

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1