Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

First time AK Owner Fun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    69Mach1
    Super Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2006
    • 15032

    Originally posted by SJgunguy24
    Who's building your yugo?
    Yeah. You're not a real AK nut until you've built your own.
    sigpic
    69Mach1
    munkeeboi
    TURBOELKY
    antix2
    WTSGDYBBR
    tujungatoes
    jmpgnr24K

    Comment

    • #17
      SJgunguy24
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2008
      • 14849

      Originally posted by 69Mach1
      Yeah. You're not a real AK nut until you've built your own.
      Thank you.

      Gio, dude we could build your Yugo in a few hours with a NDS.
      Last edited by SJgunguy24; 11-06-2009, 1:18 AM.
      There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
      The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
      The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
      The others, well......they just never learn.

      "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
      Patrick Henry.

      Comment

      • #18
        SJgunguy24
        I need a LIFE!!
        • May 2008
        • 14849

        Originally posted by oaklander
        Now, take apart the bolt!

        Thats easy. A fricken AR bolt is more complicated.
        There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
        The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
        The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
        The others, well......they just never learn.

        "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
        Patrick Henry.

        Comment

        • #19
          Sig357
          Senior Member
          • May 2007
          • 2092

          someone had a stain recipe on here that I used, but I can't remember who. It included rubbing alcohol and red dye.

          Comment

          • #20
            Gio
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Nov 2008
            • 10251

            The bolt was easy to take apart, I did that on the first time I field stripped it. Watching videos on youtube makes things a but easier. I am getting the Yugo Kit Built by someone that likes to be kept unnamed. Yes I am already at that point as to where I want to build my own AK, just had to start my collection somehow. As for the stain I will be doing something once I at least take it out a few times.

            -Gio
            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

            Comment

            • #21
              wilson_wwsc
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 920

              minwax stain, minwax finish. easy as can be
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                SJgunguy24
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2008
                • 14849

                Originally posted by Gio
                The bolt was easy to take apart, I did that on the first time I field stripped it. Watching videos on youtube makes things a but easier. I am getting the Yugo Kit Built by someone that likes to be kept unnamed. Yes I am already at that point as to where I want to build my own AK, just had to start my collection somehow. As for the stain I will be doing something once I at least take it out a few times.

                -Gio
                You stain the handguard with the blood of your enemy.
                There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
                The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
                The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
                The others, well......they just never learn.

                "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
                Patrick Henry.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Gio
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10251

                  Ha ha thanks guys, now to find an enemy to kill so I can get some good stain

                  Here are the 2 pics from me screwing up on removing it, I was unscrewing it the wrong way. The X mark is form me using a hack saw to try and get a better bite on it.





                  I know, I know Lesson learned.

                  -Gio
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Gio
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10251

                    Here is my final result for now that is,








                    (Mag is blocked to 10/30 and is sealed with epoxy as well.)

                    I think I might make a quick trip to Chabot and send some lead down range
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Rob454
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 11254

                      Is that a semi auto or a single shot? Looks like a Krink sort of. pretty cool gun

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Gio
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 10251

                        It started off as a Single Shot Conversion via 1 round mag, now it is a semi-auto pistol. Not based on the krink, looks nice I know that.

                        Okay I got to shoot it finally, easy to shoot only part is I as missing the spring from when I took out the Tapco parts. Due to the possibility that it would of slam fired and busted gun or hurt me or others we decided to put it away. I will borrow the spring from the Tapco and run to a hardware store and sget some more springs. Live and learn, learn and live

                        -Gio
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Joe
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 5730

                          have you stained the handguards yet?

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Gio
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 10251

                            Yes here are 2 pics of it, I added 2 more coats which did not do much to the bottom hand guard.





                            -Gio
                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Joe
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 5730

                              Odd the bottom handguard didn't take up stain like the top one did. Looks good!

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Gio
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10251

                                Originally posted by Joe
                                Odd the bottom handguard didn't take up stain like the top one did. Looks good!
                                Thanks, the top was already a darker color then the bottom. I saw another member's Draco in Sac at a FFL and his were light blonde top and bottom.

                                Either way it is a fun toy to shoot I looked behind me yesterday while out at Sunnyvale R&C and I literally had 8 or so guys staring at my AK Pistol I was even nice enough and let about 8 or so people take a few shots with it, the main reaction was this on the first shot Some did not grip the front with enough pressure and found themselves getting rocked back a bit, others were amazed by the sheer thud it gave off every shot. I love my Flamethrower

                                -Gio
                                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1