Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

please delete, started new thread for bp.thx

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    gatdammit
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 625

    Originally posted by trykp
    damn this is just what could help me. I've been longing to build an AK for long but seemed more complicated than an AR.

    are there places that sell complete ak kits with wooden furniture? where could i get a receiver and how much would those run, milled or stamped? does one have to be 21 to buy AK receivers like AR's ones now???

    i'm hoping it won't cost much for a good quality ak build.

    thanks for any info!!
    Well technically, you are going to be bending your own flat (which is still just a piece of metal) I think anyone can buy just a piece of metal. Once you bend if yourself, it will be considered a firearm (I think).

    Originally posted by mike9909
    where can i get a flat?
    Well at the last party, Duraglock had them for sale. But you will probably need a set of rivets too. I tink I've seen a bunch of flats online... you can get some from Tapco or ak builder.

    Comment

    • #17
      Zachs300zx
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 538

      Originally posted by mike9909
      where can i get a flat?
      Last edited by Zachs300zx; 10-18-2009, 11:16 PM.
      sigpicDrop in 10 round limiters for rifle and pistol magazines:www.magazineblocks.com

      Comment

      • #18
        gatdammit
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 625

        Originally posted by Alexthewelder
        looks like it might happen! Get your votes in so we can establish a date and get things rolling=)

        Lets see what people can bring for the bp
        ie:tools,presses,jigs,etc

        I have a
        -12 ton press
        -cheap 5spd drill press(it works).
        -Barrel pin press.
        -about 4 grinders for trimming your receivers
        -knick knacks

        I will see what else I can get my hands on for the party.

        For those of you looking for kits, I'm sure someone on here will catch wind of your need and shoot you a pm.

        It would be the usual 25 bucks per person building, and that includes the food/drink.

        spectators are 5 bucks for food

        Cheers!
        We had what like 20 ppl last time? From what I observed, people were all over the presses so we'll need at least 3 more. We had two flat bending jigs and people were still waiting for some, so it'd be good if we could get some of those. Since I was bending flats and helping people bend flats, some socket sets and/or wrench would be good for the jigs instead of the crescent wrenches. Lots of grinders/cutting wheels... can never have too many of those. A few hammers and people might want to bring their own pin punch sets.

        Comment

        • #19
          oldyeller
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 1489

          I still have a really nice matching numbers Romanian kit for sale. I will de-mill it for you, and include a flat and rivet set for $350 cash.

          just PM me if your interested. I may put it up in the classifieds soon, so let me know.
          Wanted- Dillon XL650 blue press parts/conversions

          Comment

          • #20
            FS00008
            Senior Member
            • May 2008
            • 1975

            I might be interested in that, I need a kit+rivets.
            "No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
            legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer."

            Comment

            • #21
              Charlie50
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2008
              • 1114

              Alex I'd be up for another build! I can bring my AKbuilding trigger guard jig, hand tools, dremel, mapp gas-quenching pail, whats left of my punches! Let me know how I can help out.
              'I own the guns I own because I acknowledge mankind's shortcomings instead of pretending like they don't exist. There are evil men in this world and there just may be a time when I need to do the unthinkable to protect me or my family,'
              Joshua Boston

              "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

              Comment

              • #22
                duraglock
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 3276

                Alex I should be able to make it and can line up the flats,rivets,locks and parts. Can also bring the flat bending jig and rivet crushers and press. I think 2-3 flat bending jigs is a good number but also there was only my rivet setter which slowed things down. I think 2 extra rivet crushers would be good to rotate in after the flats get bent. I can order the jigs for you with the flat orders when we lock in the dates and needs. Also need 2-3 drill presses for demill and flat drilling.
                sigpicwww.solartactical.com
                SOLAR TACTICAL 07 FFL
                6252 Preston ave Livermore CA 94551/ 22287 Redwood rd Castro Valley CA 94541
                Mon-Fri 10-7 Sat 10-5 925-447-4743/510-470-3859
                PROVIDING THE LARGEST SELECTION OF BLACK RIFLES IN THE TRI VALLEY /EAST BAY AREA.
                MAGAZINE LOCKs AK/SAIGA 12/vz58 more to come . http://www.shop.solartactical.com/pr...&categoryId=20
                DEALERS email us at sales@solartactical.com for pricing.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Gowking
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 2664

                  That and lots of 1/4" bits apparently

                  -G

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Charlie50
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 1114

                    If needed I would be willing to bring my drill press, bit of a monster - decent unit. Alex let me know what the terrain is like to determine practicality. Gowking I'm thinking about cutting up 1/4 inch round stock for rail guides... those 1/4 bits are resting someplace in a black hole with the other missing socks... I'm looking around for 12 ton press, hopefully will have one before too long!
                    'I own the guns I own because I acknowledge mankind's shortcomings instead of pretending like they don't exist. There are evil men in this world and there just may be a time when I need to do the unthinkable to protect me or my family,'
                    Joshua Boston

                    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Alexthewelder
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2009
                      • 878

                      @dura-thanks sooo freakin much bro. I feel much more relieved. *

                      *NOTE:If people need flats, 922r,featureless or just any ak building parts duraglock is the guy to "pm" If he doesnt have it on hand, I'm sure he can get it

                      @charlie50- much needed things thank you. As for terrain Its a new house in a new developement. Ive got about 35 ft length 7ft wide concrete breezeway(side ), a similar size backyard of duras(just not the sweet multi level=) ) and my two car garage where I think we should do all the pressing.

                      @fs00008- you should get that kit from old yeller. I can vouch for the guy he's coo, plus he makes the best wild boar sausages!!!!.......

                      @old yeller-the sausages are officially the tradition =D Hope you make it to the bp. you are also the "park""king" hahah( couldnt stay to try duraglocks setup =( )

                      I will try and build up a collection of specific drill bits for the build as well.

                      -Alex
                      AK BUILD PARTY OCT 16th, 2010
                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=333079
                      AK BUILD PARTY JULY 17th, 2010
                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=308158
                      AK BUILD PARTY MAR ?, 2010
                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=263078
                      AK BUILD PARTY DEC 5th, 2009
                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=235197

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        goober
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Sep 2008
                        • 4875

                        i have a bending jig and a small benchtop DP. if i can make it, i'll bring 'em.
                        Live between Santa Cruz and SLO? Want to get involved?
                        Check out the Central Coast Calguns Community Chapter
                        And join the Central Coast Region Social Group!
                        sigpic
                        NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
                        Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
                        of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          tommyid1
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 1634

                          I have a craftsman drill press I can bring maybe an angle grinder if its on the december dates. I just need to figure out what underfolder I want tp build. Yugo or polish and find a parts kit.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            k1dude
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • May 2009
                            • 15965

                            Those popular titanium nitride'd bits I brought wore out pretty quickly. There were a lot of people using them for demilling and rivet holes. So as they wore they began to walk while drilling. Most people showed up without their own bits and punches. So the few punches and bits in the right size wore out quickly. I imagine the same thing will happen again at Alex's party. So to be prepared, I guess I'll buy a bunch of drill bits in the regularly used sizes.

                            If we use bar stock instead of 1/4" bits for spot welding, then I don't need to bring a bunch of those. The two popular rivet hole sizes were 5/32" and 11/64" I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I can't remember the popular sizes for demilling. Does anyone know them? If not, I'll just go by the wear on my bits. My .173", .161", and .136" bits show excessive wear and my .159" and .154" bits are missing. Unless someone knows otherwise, I'll come armed with bits in those sizes. I'll try to bring split-points so they don't walk as easily. Cobalt bits would be ideal, but they're just too expensive for me to bring. I can't afford to eat a couple hundred bucks in Colbalt bits.

                            A couple of my punches were completely demolished. So they were obviously the most popular sizes. I'll bring a bunch of each.
                            "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                            "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              duraglock
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 3276

                              I had tin coated for starting holes and carbide for drilling. Looks like people used the tin the most and broke a bunch but they were cheap to get at harbor frieght. Also several broken punches but that was expected. Going to try and find the tool for pressing out the rear rivets on the press which would save time and tools. Also extra 1/4 drill bits for rails is a good idea but the ak-builder rail jig was right by the spot welder and never left the package.
                              sigpicwww.solartactical.com
                              SOLAR TACTICAL 07 FFL
                              6252 Preston ave Livermore CA 94551/ 22287 Redwood rd Castro Valley CA 94541
                              Mon-Fri 10-7 Sat 10-5 925-447-4743/510-470-3859
                              PROVIDING THE LARGEST SELECTION OF BLACK RIFLES IN THE TRI VALLEY /EAST BAY AREA.
                              MAGAZINE LOCKs AK/SAIGA 12/vz58 more to come . http://www.shop.solartactical.com/pr...&categoryId=20
                              DEALERS email us at sales@solartactical.com for pricing.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                oldyeller
                                Senior Member
                                • Jun 2008
                                • 1489

                                Originally posted by duraglock
                                the ak-builder rail jig was right by the spot welder and never left the package.
                                Wanted- Dillon XL650 blue press parts/conversions

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1