Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Training Method

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bobby Hated
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 1616

    far as im concerned any debate is a good one.

    just the practice of debating something makes you think it through more thoroughly and consider alternatives to your current line of thinking.

    so im glad this conversation is going on and im glad the participants are thick skinned enough to keep it going. we should be more scared of people who dont want us debating things, than of those we are debating things with.
    USPSA Master TY-71084

    Comment

    • ZombieTactics
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 3691

      Originally posted by ramzar
      You're pretty much null and void from my perspective as an authority on firearms training. Personally, you were already tainted by so vehemently defending the outfit in that Safe to have photographer downrange? thread where you were convinced it was safe lacking credible rational and being in the 9% minority viewpoint.
      Not angry or fuming, just sitting here with a chuckle in my throat ...

      I wasn't aware of anyone putting you in position of making such judgments about others. I've never claimed to be an "authority", just a guy with a perspective. You're welcome to your opinion, but that's about as far as it goes. I don't especially care whether you think I am "tainted","rehabilitated" or anything else. That's a laughable notion. Whether I am counted with any particular percentage in an unscientific, self-selected poll of 190 random individuals is a meaningless data point. I suspect this kind of appeal to questionable authority, lack of independent thought and lack of attention to detail "taints" much of what you've posted. I find your posts interesting and often informative nonetheless.

      I've noted a strong tone of "I'm more tactical/awesome than you" in many of your posts. You have every reason to be proud of your accomplishments, but unless I ask you to be a teacher or mentor, don't think for one moment that such comments hold any sway with me. You are in no position to make such judgments, especially based upon the kind of "everybody knows that all the cool kids say this is the really cool way to X" arguments you've presented.

      I don't care who you've trained with. I care what you know and what you can relate. I've trained with some solid people myself. I don't engage in argumentum ad verecundiam, argumentum ad populum or worship at any one's alter, so please stow all the "x% believe this" or "so-n-so says z". I'm not looking to join a faith or a cult. I am trying to learn. I question everything I learn (regardless of the source) until I find what makes good sense to me. Your opinion doesn't enter into the matter unless you can make a compelling argument. In this case, you haven't ... IMHO.

      I am absolutely happy to discuss anything with you, with no ill intent and in a spirit of open exchange of ideas. But I have no interest in your value judgements of me, my abilities or my "fitness" to engage in such discussions with you or anyone else. Unless you walk on water, it's time to come down from that lofty perch.

      I'll continue to read your posts with interest and give them their considerable due ... without prejudice or anything beyond ordinary skepticism. Be safe, and be well.
      Last edited by ZombieTactics; 08-10-2012, 10:22 AM.
      |
      sigpic
      I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

      Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE

      Comment

      • SoCal326
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2011
        • 1098

        I saw a video where Rob Pincus was bashing 1911's. He suggests that very few 1911s can make it through one of his classes. Does that suggest that a 1911 fan should stay away from his style of instruction? This thread had me considering signing up for one of his classes until I saw his video. I worry that I would be received with hostility if I showed up with the very gun he was bashing. Maybe someone could talk about the issues that prevent a 1911 from making through the classes?

        Comment

        • JRV
          Member
          • May 2012
          • 148

          Originally posted by SoCal326
          I saw a video where Rob Pincus was bashing 1911's. He suggests that very few 1911s can make it through one of his classes. Does that suggest that a 1911 fan should stay away from his style of instruction? This thread had me considering signing up for one of his classes until I saw his video. I worry that I would be received with hostility if I showed up with the very gun he was bashing. Maybe someone could talk about the issues that prevent a 1911 from making through the classes?
          What prevents 1911's from working? Sometimes it's student error. Not clicking the safety off. Most of the time it's just the gun malfunctioning on a consistent basis throughout the course. I personally have only seen one 1911 make it through a 1-day CFS course. I've seen them malfunction during the first drill and two break during the first drill. Both extractor issues on a Les Baer and a Kimber that broke.

          I wouldn't worry about being received with hostility, but I recommend bringing a back up gun. Hope that answers your question.
          Nihil Timedum Est

          "Stay in Awe of the experience of being human"
          Human Weapon System Course taught by D.A.M.N

          Accuracy is YES or NO Not A or B zone

          Comment

          • SoCal326
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 1098

            When a class comes to town I'll have to stash my Glock the in the range bag as well.

            Thanks.

            Comment

            • JRV
              Member
              • May 2012
              • 148

              Originally posted by SoCal326
              When a class comes to town I'll have to stash my Glock the in the range bag as well.

              Thanks.
              Where are you at in So. Cal? PM me 10X has CFS courses multiple times a month in So.Cal
              Nihil Timedum Est

              "Stay in Awe of the experience of being human"
              Human Weapon System Course taught by D.A.M.N

              Accuracy is YES or NO Not A or B zone

              Comment

              • ramzar
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 1354

                I got an emailed newsletter from ICE Training and it included the following:

                Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills.
                - Historian Josephus (AD 37-101) on the Roman military

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1