Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Favorite .45ACP powder ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Joefear7
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 449

    I have used Red Dot, WST, Titegroup, 700x, and HP-38. All work well but the Red Dot and the 700x were harder to meter until I tied a fish tank air pump to my powder hopper.
    "But mainly democrat voters would still vote Democrat if they elected Satan himself who ate babies as they came out of mother's wombs and killed people in the street. They hate republicans that much and are in that level of denial about what their party is about. They just simply can't handle the cognitive dissonance...." -Skilletboy

    Comment

    • #47
      Jon Road King
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2012
      • 926

      Originally posted by five.five-six
      That's a stout load
      Chrono'ed an average of 848.8 FPS and shoots like a lazer
      "Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."

      --- Napoleon

      Comment

      • #48
        JBoutfishn
        Member
        • Feb 2014
        • 135

        When I could not find any 231/hp38 I tried Autocomp. It was a little dirty with medium loads under 200 gr Plated LRN. I ran it up to 7 gr and things cleaned up. It is a ball powder and meters extremely well. I am using it for USPSA competition and it makes major power factor without a problem.
        Jim

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #49
          RR.44
          CGSSA Leader
          • Mar 2012
          • 1933

          I say use what you have OP, there are lots of powders that work, like others have said find a load that works for you with what you have on hand.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #50
            not-fishing
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 2270

            I've used Unique, Bullseye and Blue Dot.

            I'm no super-accurate Bullseye shooter I'm happy if all my shots hit paper on long range slow I just want a powder that meters well, has reasonable consistency, is not position sensitive and shoots reasonably clean,

            I settled on Green Dot years ago and bought an 8 lb jug to hold me a while.

            Now for 38 special I've been hunting for Universal Clays for nearly 2 years without success.
            Spreading the WORD according to COLT. and Smith, Wesson, Ruger, HK, Sig, High Standard, Browning

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1