Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Favorite .45ACP powder ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Enter_the_Dragon
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 1356

    1. Bullseye
    2. Hogdon Clays
    3. HP38/W231
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      Chief-7700
      Veteran Member
      • May 2008
      • 3382

      231

      XL-650 to feed the: .45ACP's Les Baer Concept V, Ruger SR 1911, Ruger Nightwatchman,custom built Colt M1911, Springfield .45ACP Loaded.. 9MM SA Range Officer,Ruger P-85, Springfield Stainless 9MM loaded, SA 9MM 5.25" XDM, Springfield 9mm Stainless Range Officer, STI double stack .45ACP.
      IDPA A41750 Safety Officer
      NRA Certified RSO
      "Stay out of the deep end of the pool; correct the problem with your credit card, not your dremel!"

      Comment

      • #18
        Tom-ADC
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 3614

        I have a NOS 3# can of Win. 540 I think it list loads for 45ACP I should give it a try. Still have a ROA compact 1911 I need to break in. Good way to use some powder up.
        US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

        Comment

        • #19
          ziconceo
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2011
          • 3269

          Bullseye
          800x
          I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.

          Comment

          • #20
            stphnman20
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2005
            • 6583

            W231 for me.

            Comment

            • #21
              NRAhighpowershooter
              Super Moderator
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jun 2003
              • 6485

              been using Clays for 25+ years now
              'Just Don't Point, Squint, and Laugh! '

              Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2220

              Comment

              • #22
                AandO
                Member
                • Nov 2014
                • 449

                Bullseye
                Clays
                231/HP38

                Off the top of my head w/o checking I believe Bullseye is the Original powder developed for the 230 FMJ for the 1911......Could be wrong. Memory

                Comment

                • #23
                  'ol shooter
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4646

                  Titegroup, and have been trying CFE Pistol. I would use 231 if I had the need, but still have lots of Titegroup and CFE. I like the way CFE meters, even better than Titegroup.
                  sigpic
                  Bob B.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Clownpuncher
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 1176

                    I love 231 but was rather fond of Unique as well.

                    I never warmed up to Bullseye, I just never got the accuracy or cleanliness that others say they get from it. I do only shoot plated or jacketed though so maybe it works well with lead.

                    Since you have Unique, I'd go that route but the Bullseye will certainly work, perhaps you will have better luck with it. It sure meters better than Unique, but then again, most things do.
                    Support CalGuns by purchasing stuff through this Amazon link: http://www.shop42a.com

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      bruce381
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 2453

                      why does eveyone tell you what powder to use that you do not have?
                      You listed what you have does no good to mentionwhatver powder it you have none.

                      use bullseye first 4.5 gr or so LOOK UP LOAD
                      then Unique 6.0 gr or so LOOK UP LOAD

                      Power Pistol is way loud and flashy

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        rcslotcar
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2014
                        • 1100

                        Unique and 231,,still haven't tried CFE pistol.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          tlarson
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 30

                          45 Powder

                          Titegroup

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            tujungatoes
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 7942

                            Any of those three powders should work well. I personally use power pistol, but in your shoes I'd make up a few small test batches of each and see which performs the best.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Dr. Elky
                            If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
                            Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                            I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Yreka
                              Member
                              • Feb 2014
                              • 316

                              Originally posted by NRAhighpowershooter
                              been using Clays for 25+ years now
                              I've been wanting to try out some Clay's, unfortunately its been MIA longer than I have been reloading

                              Definitely on my list to try out once it starts showing up on shelves again,.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                otteray
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 2006
                                • 3246

                                4.8 gr Universal Clays and a cast Lee 230 gr work for me.
                                sigpic
                                Single fin mentality

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1