Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dillon Square B - New Setup!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    3RDGEARGRNDRR
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 900

    I also dont run a locator tab on station #3 (bullet seating station) so i can pull the case and measure powder drop every 10-20. It doesnt cause feeding problems.
    CA: Exorcising my 2A rights

    Comment

    • #17
      stilly
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2009
      • 10685

      Originally posted by JMP
      I haven't dealt with them. How has it been from your personal experience. I normally hear good feedback about Hornady. But, I wonder why so many folks need to send back dies and get new parts.
      I aint thrilled about hornady making me pay $8.00 for two o-rings. But maybe if Dillon has such an awesome powder dropper I would have had one, but they don't so I don't.

      But as far as MY experience with Dillon on the phone, they seem to be pretty familiar with the machines to be able to tell you info right then and there on the phone. If they have to go and actually look at a machine it is only a brief wait on hold before they are in front and walking you through adjustments or verifying parts.

      There is a lot of good info in this thread though. certainly faster then waiting on hold, but the two times I called I never had to wait but for a minute or two anyways. That was a year ago though.
      Last edited by stilly; 06-18-2014, 1:41 PM.
      7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

      Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



      And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

      Comment

      • #18
        tshong
        Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 122

        I acknowledge my naivety in the matter and I appreciate the patience / helpfulness from the community. Thank you all.

        Originally posted by stilly
        For future reference, when you pay top dollar for any BLUE item, you are paying for that customer service. You SHOULD be on the phone with them first. That is why the prices are so high, well that and that you paid for extra *free parts up front...
        I had a tough time reaching them by phone (they were pretty busy). SO, I emailed them. The support was piss poor. I sent them a video with my question and they told me to buy the $20 setup DVD. I came on Calguns and you figured out my problem in 5 min!!

        Originally posted by 3RDGEARGRNDRR

        And to the OP get a mentor before you blow something up.
        I'm in the San Gabriel Valley area. I'll gladly pay for a tutor.

        Originally posted by rm1911
        As mentioned earlier you need to put a case in the powder stage. Also you need to lock down the powder thrower. That little hex nut on the side of it. It's actually a safety feature so that it doesn't throw powder without a case. The bar you're asking about is a secondary safety thing. The springs should snap bar back into place.
        RIght now, I'm kinda confused what this hex nut should be secured to. The instruction manual says the "expander/powder funnel is free to move in the powder die and reinsert it as shown."



        However, I don't have this funnel at all. Is that funnel already part of the powder measure? I bought my SDB in 9mm.

        The very next photo in the instruction manual shows the powder measure sitting right into the power die (so where did the funnel go??):



        Which leads to my last question. If the funnel IS part of the powder measure already, then the funnel is definitely not sitting deep INSIDE the powder die. I'd say only about 1/8 of an inch of the powder measure head is able to make it into the powder die. Is that normal on the 9mm setup? Because I have a 45acp kit which has a funnel clearly labeled 45acp and it sets deep INSIDE the powder die.

        Comment

        • #19
          Revoman
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 2395

          Comment

          • #20
            uechikid
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2012
            • 1409

            Here are three videos that are worth while watching.





            "Carpe Diem"

            Comment

            • #21
              stilly
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2009
              • 10685

              Originally posted by tshong
              ... I had a tough time reaching them by phone (they were pretty busy). SO, I emailed them. The support was piss poor. I sent them a video with my question and they told me to buy the $20 setup DVD. I came on Calguns and you figured out my problem in 5 min!!

              ...
              WHAT? Whoa. Bro you need to delete this post before the blue cult comes looking for you and then all of your future posts will be deleted if you know what I mean...

              STAND DOWN STAND DOWN! I need to get Langly on the phone and coordinate a pickup for you to a safe house. You are no longer safe where you are right now. Close and lock the doors and turn out the lights. I will have a team of rangers sent over to escort you there...

              You can't be saying things like that man, that tears holes in the fabric of the space time continueum and allows creatures from another world to enter ours and before you know it it will be BLACK MESA all over again! I hope your name is Gordon; Gordon Freeman...

              No seriously that is really sad to hear. EVERY SINGLE ONE of ANY dillon stories I have ever heard have all been mostly very positive and now I know why. Dillon precision and Dillon Aero have worked together hard to murder all of those that said anything bad about them. Clearly that must be why I have never heard of any bad Dillon stories...
              7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

              Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



              And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

              Comment

              • #22
                Leethe4th
                Banned
                • Feb 2014
                • 429

                Originally posted by stilly
                WHAT? Whoa. Bro you need to delete this post before the blue cult comes looking for you and then all of your future posts will be deleted if you know what I mean......
                Silly, if you don't ACTUALLY OWN a Dillon progressive, why don't you just Have a Big Cup of Shut the Phuck Up? The reason their customer support is swamped is because some many newbies went out and bought their progressies.

                And don't forget the 100,000 or so, shooters who belong to USPSA/IDPA, Steel Challenge and 3 gun, who run Dillons. Say the average competitor is running 20,000 rounds a year times 100,000 shooters, that's like, uh, TWO BILLION rounds a year on Dillons...

                Whiner, eww, I had to pay $8 for 2 Hornady O rings.

                Stick to giving advice on your cheap made in China presses.
                Last edited by Leethe4th; 06-20-2014, 8:59 AM.

                Comment

                • #23
                  uechikid
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 1409

                  Originally posted by Leethe4th
                  Silly, if you don't ACTUALLY OWN a Dillon progressive, why don't you just Have a Big Cup of Shut the Phuck Up? The reason their customer support is swamped is because some many newbies went out and bought their progressies.

                  And don't forget the 100,000 or so, shooters who belong to USPSA/IDPA, Steel Challenge and 3 gun, who run Dillons. Say the average competitor is running 20,000 rounds a year times 100,000 shooters, that's like, uh, TWO BILLION rounds a year on Dillons...

                  Whiner, eww, I had to pay $8 for 2 Hornady O rings.

                  Stick to giving advice on your cheap made in China presses.
                  Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he was kidding.
                  "Carpe Diem"

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1