Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need 9mm reload data

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    at_liberty
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 699

    4.4-4.9g of unique for 9mm, 124g lead is shown in the Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook. They always seem to limit the loads based on velocity being below the 1100+ number where lead is believed to melt in the barrel. Actual practice pushes lead higher than that, but it depends upon the bullet and other factors too, I suppose.

    The jacketed rounds and loads are typically supersonic and may vary significantly from lead loads.

    Comment

    • #17
      Hilikus89
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 71

      thank you at_liberty, between the books Ive checked out and the unique website the measures I have seen have been between about 5.5-6.0. As for what I have been reloading I was at 1180 FPS, so its not that far off, gonna have to dial it back and get me that lyman handbook, appreciate it.

      Comment

      • #18
        sjg1966
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2012
        • 1047

        Originally posted by Bumslie
        Typical youth. Don't want to do the leg work, just want the answers.
        I agree...

        I read two manuals before I even touched any components. Reloading manuals are good and should be read FIRST.
        Watch Astro steal brass and take it into his cage....
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4B_pd-yRWE&hd=1

        Glock 20C at indoor range....
        http://youtu.be/T4bP8DnhT9Q

        Comment

        • #19
          BenHa
          Senior Member
          • May 2012
          • 838

          Originally posted by Bumslie
          Typical youth. Don't want to do the leg work, just want the answers.
          I guess I am not a typical youth at the same time I am an engineer and I like to cover my own *** :|

          Comment

          • #20
            stilly
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2009
            • 10685

            Originally posted by Hilikus89
            bumslie im not even gonna bother, you wanna stroke your ego and feel good about yourself go for it, but I was just asking for a little bit of help working on some research, be a dick somewhere else please
            Don't forget that YOU came HERE TWICE now asking for OUR help.

            If all you wanna do is talk **** then **** off already bro.

            YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR HELP. STOP KNOCKING IT AWAY AND GO MAKE SOME BULLETS ALREADY.

            :\



            God-DAMN man...
            7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

            Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



            And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

            Comment

            • #21
              at_liberty
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 699

              Originally posted by Hilikus89
              thank you at_liberty, between the books Ive checked out and the unique website the measures I have seen have been between about 5.5-6.0. As for what I have been reloading I was at 1180 FPS, so its not that far off, gonna have to dial it back and get me that lyman handbook, appreciate it.
              I don't find where the Alliant site made any reference to 9mm lead. I hope you appreciate that loads depend upon the bullet used. That's why the load I offered was below the numbers you cite and why we had to go searching for a reference that mentioned lead in 9mm.

              Comment

              • #22
                stilly
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jul 2009
                • 10685

                Originally posted by at_liberty
                I don't find where the Alliant site made any reference to 9mm lead. I hope you appreciate that loads depend upon the bullet used. That's why the load I offered was below the numbers you cite and why we had to go searching for a reference that mentioned lead in 9mm.
                Eww. Who is making pure lead bullets?

                Linotype and HC only...
                Last edited by stilly; 11-07-2013, 11:58 AM.
                7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                Comment

                • #23
                  at_liberty
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 699

                  Originally posted by stilly
                  Eww. Who is making pure lead bullets?

                  Linotype and HC only...
                  Why the strawman? Purity of lead is not an issue. "Lead" is just a generic reference to not-jacketed or plated and primarily lead.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Hilikus89
                    Junior Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 71

                    At_liberty, there is no data for lead on the Alliant powder site, as I am using that powder I checked their info to see what they reccomend. I know that different types of bullets take different loads and I appreciate the info. I just checked their to see what they reccomend, then here for people that actually reload and have much more knowledge than me on the subject and with my manual, as benHa said, I'm coverin my own *** getting as much info as I can.

                    And stilly, I'm not talking ****, nor am I swatting away help, and telling me to **** off bro is just ridiculous. I asked a question both you and bumslie are being dicks about so I'm not talking **** I'm just defending my stance. I have a manual that has no lead data, I've checked the Alliant website and they have their data, and xtreme bullets reccomends what they reccomend, so screw me for checking multiple sources. Don't judge me cause you don't know me "bro" doesn't matter if I asked the question once or 5 times your still a dick.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Bumslie
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Oct 2011
                      • 5358

                      As I asked before. What manual are you using?

                      Going to extremes site show this right here!

                      Now if you called them and asked about load data, you would find out that they reccomend using the Speer reloading book data for your loads.

                      It is not hard to do your homework, but when you come here posting twice asking for data and then saying "aaaand go" is just flat out rude.

                      Now if you picked up your loading manual and looked at the data with the fps, you can see what range you need to be and a starting point to work up your loads. But again you're wanting answers.

                      Were trying to teach you how to fish, not catch you fish.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Bumslie; 11-05-2013, 5:21 PM.
                      NRA Life Member
                      WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
                      Originally posted by ivanimal
                      I love you! (some Homo)
                      Originally posted by ivanimal
                      I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
                      Originally posted by Kestryll
                      OP you are an uninformed tool.
                      Go Broncos!
                      Go Kings Go!

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        uechikid
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 1409

                        OK. This took me all of 30 seconds to find.

                        "Carpe Diem"

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Germz
                          Vendor/Retailer
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 4691

                          Originally posted by Hilikus89
                          At_liberty, there is no data for lead on the Alliant powder site, as I am using that powder I checked their info to see what they reccomend. I know that different types of bullets take different loads and I appreciate the info. I just checked their to see what they reccomend, then here for people that actually reload and have much more knowledge than me on the subject and with my manual, as benHa said, I'm coverin my own *** getting as much info as I can.

                          And stilly, I'm not talking ****, nor am I swatting away help, and telling me to **** off bro is just ridiculous. I asked a question both you and bumslie are being dicks about so I'm not talking **** I'm just defending my stance. I have a manual that has no lead data, I've checked the Alliant website and they have their data, and xtreme bullets reccomends what they reccomend, so screw me for checking multiple sources. Don't judge me cause you don't know me "bro" doesn't matter if I asked the question once or 5 times your still a dick.
                          Bro, do you even google?

                          your issue may be what I highlighted in bold. you have A manual, as in singular.
                          get another one or two. Its like bibles, same gist of things but different wordings.
                          in the case of reloading, same data different loads.

                          Also, good for you that you got answers out of some of us, however see where we come from when new loaders pop out of nowhere and want want want without even attempting personal research. its not pride, ego or anything. Its for your personal safety as well as the principle of things. it is what it is and you'll see it a lot more on this forum if you continue this route. good luck and safe loading.
                          Last edited by Germz; 11-07-2013, 11:09 AM.
                          Retired Account

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            stilly
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 10685

                            Originally posted by at_liberty
                            Why the strawman? Purity of lead is not an issue. "Lead" is just a generic reference to not-jacketed or plated and primarily lead.
                            Yeah, THAT was sarcasm, sorry, I forgot the upside down guy, There I fixed it...


                            As for you...
                            Originally posted by Hilikus89
                            SNIP

                            And stilly, I'm not talking ****, nor am I swatting away help, and telling me to **** off bro is just ridiculous. I asked a question both you and bumslie are being dicks about so I'm not talking **** I'm just defending my stance. I have a manual that has no lead data, I've checked the Alliant website and they have their data, and xtreme bullets reccomends what they reccomend, so screw me for checking multiple sources. Don't judge me cause you don't know me "bro" doesn't matter if I asked the question once or 5 times your still a dick.
                            I can not help but notice a HUGE amount of data on one side of this argument, and several attempts to show how we access it, PLUS all of the help that others have shown, and yet, you still can not comprehend it. So I just realized something. I apologize if it seemed as though I came off as mean in any way/shape/or form to you. It just now hit me that not everyone on the interwebs has common sense or is as smart as some folks here and by flaming someone that is, well, I guess mentally challenged is wrong of us. So, I apologize to you for EVERYONE and their behavior. We did not know that you were one of those Special-K guys in life; we just thought that you were being a jerk on purpose. Had we known that there is clearly some sort of medical explanation for it (the R word) then we would have been more serious in our attempt to help you. RIGHT GUYS? GUYS? Oh, silly me. I forgot that this is not IRC...

                            SO, I apologize once again. Now, please explain SLOWLY, what it is that you are looking for. Maybe your words did not come out right. Maybe someone can stop in and give you assistance before you load the wrong thing. We do not want to give anyone the impression that we are dicks here, especially when we like to play around and have fun and we certainly do not want to have anyone blow themselves up or unnecessarily lead their barrel. So please, what EXACTLY is it that you want to know? And where are you located at? Also, who's equipment are you using? Did you buy it new or used? That could be the problem too...

                            AND, for the record, Bumslie and myself along with others here are nice guys. But when you come in here and type what you typed, it gives us the wrong impression. Kinda like those asshats from the marketplace that come in here and ask what something is worth. 99.9 percent of the time they turn around and sell whatever it is in the marketplace because they are too goddamn lazy to do the legwork themselves. Those people are just rude dicks that think that reloaders are pricecheck *****es for them to show up here and have them do their homework. And sadly SOME reloaders ARE pricecheck *****es because they are too glad to help out without realizing that they just helped someone gouge a fellow calgun member...

                            So you see, we just mistook you for another one of those dicks instead of a handicap guy that just wanted to get some answers. I can understand that you did not want that secret to get out but no worries man, we are all family here... We got your back and will do our best to keep you safe, especially now that we know why you did not comprehend the initial instructions and directions. I understand that you do not have the ability to fish for the answers, but would rather have someone just hand you the fish. I am having an issue comprehending that myself. I would rather fish and start discussions.

                            Discussions are cool, you can learn a lot from them. WELL, some people can anyways, others just get mad because they can't comprehend.

                            just saying.
                            Last edited by stilly; 11-07-2013, 1:17 PM.
                            7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                            Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                            And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              ExtremeX
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 7160

                              Xtreme recommends using the Speer #14 reloading manual for current loads with their bullets... That's what I use, in combination with Hornady manual data and Hodgdon website data for cross reference and research.

                              I recommend starting there.
                              ExtremeX

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                wc12
                                Member
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 273

                                Originally posted by Hilikus89
                                thanks to the guys with the serious answers, and to the others well whatever. Now I have done plenty of research and I keep seeing the answer of not loading plated bullets like fmj, but load them to lead specs. The reason im asking here is that I havent been able to find lead loading specs for 9mmn. So I figured id ask here where people have much more experience than I do. And just look at what the86d said, thats exactly what im doing, researching on my own and comparing what I find here. So thanks for your super helpful info bumslie. But anyways I appreciate the info everyone else.
                                I use lead bullet recipe for plated bullets (berrys). Works well.
                                Damn democrats are turning me into a republican.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1